• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dannie

Hello

Dannie

Just wanted to say hi 👋 my name is Dannie I am 59 M/F I’m looking forward to getting to know you all. I Finally started therapy for GID, and my therapist gave me the OK to start HRT! I am happy about it, but scared of what the future is going to be like. My wife knows I am transgender and has from the beginning of our relationship. I stopped CD a couple of years ago, it just got to depressing after 50 yrs. It felt like just another lie on top of a life of lies. I still have to lie, only my therapist and wife know am transgender. I was watching Jackie’s Couch and she mentioned this web site so here I am😊

Jani

Welcome Dannie.  Thanks for sharing.  Yes @jae bear (Jackie) is a big supporter of the site.  She's on quite the journey herself.  Congratulations on being able to start HRT.  I hope your wife will be all right with the changes it brings.  You will get happier as (with most of us) it will calm you down somewhat.  The physical changes will be what they are but you'll be happy with them too!  As you've seen, gender dysphoria doesn't go away and it does eventually bubble back up.  Speaking with a therapist is a good start to being honest as you sort things out.  Remember you only have to proceed as far and fast as you need to feel in control.  There are those who for family or financial reasons take low dose HRT and live their current life outside the home.  There is never any pressure here to follow any specific route.  Each journey is unique.   Please join in the conversation! 

Cheers, Jani

Alex C

hey Jani on point.Good Luck. Be Proud, Be save and Kick Ass

NB Adult  (Inactive)

Welcome Dannie!

jae bear

Good to see you Dannie!

i’m so glad that you came here to the site, everyone here is absolutely amazing, I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing what it takes to take care of yourself, starting with a therapist is really and truly the best way anyone could start. I received that very information from Jani myself, and I am so grateful to her and the others for suggesting that’s where I start, it was the single best thing I ever did during my transition!

Great big hugs,

Jackie

Carolyn Marie

Hello, Dannie, and welcome to Trans Pulse.  There are many of us here who got the transition bug later in life, but late is better (much better) than never.  Please feel free to ask all the questions you want.  We'll do our best to answer them, and there is no question too mundane.   Congrats on HRT, and get on board the Womanhood Express!!  It's an E-ticket ride.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Maid In Bedlam

Hello Dannie. Welcome to the site.

Hope to see you around.

Look forwald to your input.

gennee

Hi Dannie and welcome.

☺️

ShawnaLeigh

Welcome to the family.  I am new here and found a wonderful place to learn and open up. 
Good luck on your journey 

TammyAnne

Hi Dannie!

Welcome. It's a very good place to be to make sense of things.

Susan R

NIce to meet you, @Dannie!  Welcome to our little community.  You and I are very close in age.  I'm sure we have some commonalities in our life histories.  Feel free to post your experiences or questions in regards to your journey.  I know I'd sure enjoy reading about them as would many here as well.  I'm glad you found us.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

SaraAW

Hi Dannie and welcome. 

Dannie

Thank you all for such a wonderful and warm welcome 

Love and hugs Dannie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 343 Guests (See full list)

• Josie Beth
    • Miseria
    • Willa
    • MetaLicious
    • Jennifer T
    • Belle
    • Laura76
    • Taylor
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

vince
    Newest Member
    vince

1. Callie40
      Callie40
      (45 years old)
    • Jennifer T
      Hi @Miseria. I think I began posting in late 2009.  There were quite a few posting poetry back then.  🙂   I do enjoy the creativity that words allow.   @ToniTone, thank you.  ☺️ 
    • KymmieL
      The Cheyenne VA hospital is great as far as I am concerned. I have had no troubles at all. My Dr's are fantastic. Unfortunately they have no endo. I will be seeing the one down at the Denver VA. Good thing I get travel pay. Just recently found out that I can claim travel for any appointment at VA based on my disability percentage. My GYN's nurse found out for me.   I feel totally safe when I am at the VA. I use the ladies room. dress how I feel.of course girly.   Kymmie
    • Aidan5
      Some one hit me with the skills on how to flirt because I am terrible and I know, the new kid just laughs at my miserable attempts, I think he finds it cute that I try. Sadly I am about as smooth as sandpaper. So I tried to get revenge for him dropping his phone on me when it said "Hints" So he was dropping hints on me. So I wrote "Hints on a piece of paper and dropped it on him, for revenge. He was like "Ah, I see your true feelings." And I panicked and said "Ha, no it's just revenge from earlier." He obviously didn't believe me and just laughed. Someone please teach me how to flirt so I can compete, he is a smooth as butter! He is always trying to hold hands so I do it back, He told me to move to the back of the bus with him and I said no playfully and he said "I will kiss you right now if you don't" (Also playing) I froze up ack. I need halp haha
    • Aidan5
      Welcome to the forum Michaela!    We welcome you with opens arms and open minds, I hope you can find the same comfort I did here
    • Jackie C.
      That's the spirit! Also a good attitude when you're waiting for anything else you care to do while transitioning like getting approved for HRT or bottom surgery if you choose to pursue either of those things. Probably FFS too, but I haven't signed up for that one. I don't want to get TOO pretty. My friends would be jealous. 😘   Hugs!
    • secondlook
      Totally agree. I figure, I've been waiting 40-plus years to get this stuff figured out, what's another couple days?
    • Jackie C.
      Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. I've had that happen before, but it was always an emergency out of their control. Deep breath and remember that therapists have lives and obligations too. Last time it happened to me, my therapist's firstborn was in the hospital so yeah, I cut her some slack. I'm cool like that.   I'm sure they'll reschedule you as soon as they can. Hang in there, it'll happen.   Hugs!
    • secondlook
      Would you believe that my therapist canceled on me 10 minutes before my appointment was set to start? Unreal. I'm trying to be chill about it, so far that's working, but we'll see how soon I can get rescheduled. Good thing it wasn't an in-person appointment.
    • BEAN_CHILD
      yaaaaaaay :DDD
    • TrIIIy
      I have a Carhart work coat that is amazingly warm. It also is great for passing in public, because it covers my torso. I got it at Academy.
    • TammyAnne
      ShawnaLeigh I hope everything goes well for you. Sorry that you've already had to endure surgery there without the results you'd wished for (orchi I mean). Maybe third time is the charm? TA
    • A. Dillon
      Oh yeah, those are really high quality and masculine in their design. They can last for years.   If you are trying to navigate your fashion surroundings, looking for what is worn in your area is the clearest way to get on track. 
    • Jackie C.
      My surgeon? I've got just a hair over one more week. Well, a shade under two... Eh, eleven days.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Well for @ShawnaLeigh's case, sure. There are lumps. Those need to be addressed and tested for Bad Things. The guy in Farmington Hills does orchis on the weekends for $10K a pop. Jar included. I only know about him because he does the work with just informed consent which is unusual. Most doctors require the standard two gender therapist recommendation letters.   Hugs!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Yes I told you it would happen.  It was not a welcome thing for me either.  Quite the opposite.  I will pray for you to you know who.  
  • Upcoming Events