• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ShawnaLeigh

Looking for a bra or shapewear that is truly seamless

ShawnaLeigh

Hello,

The subject line about covers my question.  The reason is I have an overwhelming desire to dress way more feminine underneath but since I am not out I have to still wear male clothing.  For work it is casual dress.  Collared shirt and slacks.  I have a huge amount of silky golf polo type shirts I really like the feel of.  Also I am in a very big weight loss phase after getting Bariatric surgery where 75% of my stomach was removed.  I am melting way but at one time I was nearly 300 pounds.  I am 184 as of today at 5'7".  I sadly have to look forward to loose skin I am sure.  Hence the ask about shapewear too.

I normally wear a compression tank top made by Underworks design for both male, and females (I think), that is more for working out and movement containment.  Very breathable,very form fitting and it is very stretchy but silky feeling. (I do have small breasts going already so dressing like a man I get noticed being perky and pointy.) This garment can easily be written off as a typical male tank undershirt if anyone notices the seams of it.  

So what's the problem you say?

If not a feminine piece of clothing.  

I have searched the web and I can not find a bra or shapewear that has truly no seams, or if it has wider straps it is cut so low across the back that it would clock me in an instant as wearing a bra/shapewear.  I have looked at jog bras but again the seams would not go over well under and polo shirt.

Maybe in a few months this will not be an issue but it is now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

claire1000

I found a seamless, wireless bra at the Woman Within website, it was the Leading Lady Brigitte bra, very comfortable

SamanthaC

Hey Nivegnal - I have a Tomboyx bra that's kind of nice and might work for you . Not sure about the seams though. I also have  a bralette at Walmart that works surprising well. Do you really think people will notice the seams ? and if they do?

Anyhow - good luck!

ShawnaLeigh
9 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

Do you really think people will notice the seams ? and if they do?

I will take a look at those Thank you.  
I notice them on other women but they are suppose to be there.  
Under a guys polo shirt that on a male?  Not so much. 
I admit to pushing my luck with some things.  I’m not looking to get clocked before I am out to all.  

VickySGV

I have had this up for quite some time, but it is true and applies to clothing as well as pictures, but a little reversed for the clothing.  We are our own worst critics and are sharper than a tack on our flaws than any one else around.  I just wore looser clothing when I started to under-dress at work, which was easy since I too was losing a beer belly and moobs turninng to boobs at the time.

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/43991-public-vs-picture/

NB Adult
10 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I have had this up for quite some time, but it is true and applies to clothing as well as pictures, but a little reversed for the clothing.  We are our own worst critics and are sharper than a tack on our flaws than any one else around.  I just wore looser clothing when I started to under-dress at work, which was easy since I too was losing a beer belly and moobs turninng to boobs at the time.

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/43991-public-vs-picture/

Excellent commentary based on your learned observations!!!

ShawnaLeigh
48 minutes ago, NB Adult said:

Excellent commentary based on your learned observations!!!

Agreed

Leah

Try workout bras on e-bay. Not very sexy, but not obvious, even under a T-Shirt. And "Tee-shirt bras." Seamless cups.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

• MaryMary
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Bri2020
    • QuestioningAmber
    • ThatDarnDodo
    • Jackie C.
    • Cyndee
    • Dana Michelle
    • Joslynn
    • Jandi
    • Shay
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

thetundrawolf
    Newest Member
    thetundrawolf

1. Leo S.
      Leo S.
      (24 years old)
    2. Madi
      Madi
      (31 years old)
    3. Matty
      Matty
      (30 years old)
    4. MelisssTN
      MelisssTN
    5. ToniTone
      ToniTone
      (34 years old)
    • ThatDarnDodo
      Productivity? Never heard of her. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Sasha.  I won't be much fun to talk video games with, but I can manage some General Nonsense.  😆  Please look around and post where you like, and if you have questions, we're good for that, too.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Thank you, Shay.  We have a wonderful team here, and actually, I feel it's more akin to a family.  But its all the members, past and present, who make this place truly special.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Jani
      @Robin  You've mentioned that previously.  Thanks for the photo, so cool.  I understand Geddy Lee is a big collector of Negro League Baseball memorabilia.  Neil Young is into train sets. I remember when he joined a group to buy Lionel when they were in trouble years ago.  
    • Bri2020
      WHat an awesome day! Congratulations.  
    • ThatDarnDodo
      Thanks for the welcome, Jackie. This seems like a pretty great community so far. 
    • Jackie C.
      Dangit, I think you just killed my chances of doing anything productive this week.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Salutations @Groucho! Welcome to TransPulse!   I've often wondered what it's like to have the weight of billions of other... in your case, let's go with men for now... behind me. I get jealous of how effortless it is for a cis-woman to be feminine. I'll see a woman and think, "Well, she's dressed like a slob and doesn't take care of herself, but everybody still sees her as a woman." Meanwhile I work my butt off with vocal lessons, watching how I walk, dressing to emphasize and de-emphasize certain unfortunate features and I still feel like I'm walking a razor's edge. Just one step to the side and it's back to, "Look at THAT dude." Don't get me wrong. I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. I wouldn't trade that for anything. Still, sometimes in a moment of weakness I'll get all bunched up about how much easier things would have been had I not been born trans.   In any case, read, look around and ask questions. I hope you find what you're looking for here!   Hugs!
    • ThatDarnDodo
      I love farming simulation games like Stardew Valley and Rune Factory. I dunno what it is but there's just something about farming pixelated carrots that draws me in. Verdant Valley is another farming life sim I recently bought and I'm kind of in love with the character creation in it. Instead of asking for gender, characters refer to you using neutral terms and you're given the freedom to deign your character's in any way you want. Masc, femme or a mixture of the two and if you ever get bored of your look you can change it any time. There's also romance options in the game: Five men, six woman and one nonbinary.    https://howlingmoonsoftware.itch.io/verdant-skies
    • Groucho
      44 years old and happily monogamously married and always identified as cishet male. Recently had discussion with trans friend where she asked "How do you experience your gender identity" and I said a bunch of stuff and she said "Well your experience of gender doesn't look much like mine, nor does it look like other trans girls I've talked to about it. But I don't know much about the non-binary experience, and maybe you're in there somewhere." I thought "Wow, if that's your take on it then the revolution in gender is truly coming". Found this site. Just curious to learn and explore, even if only to be a good cis ally.
    • Shay
      another younger band I really like is Dawes and especially the lyrics of this one.    
    • Shay
      THAT is totally cool. I know Tom Hanks collects typewriters and Jim Fox (drummer in the James Gange with Joe Walsh) collects car license plates - but this beats them and is so cooool. 
    • Robin
      One of my hobbies is collecting vintage vacuum cleaners. I have more than 100 in total, dating from the 1920s to the 1980s. Here is a picture of part of my collection.       Robin.
    • KayC
      Happy to hear you're progressing so well, Kylie.  Thank you for keeping us updated❣️
    • QuestioningAmber
      @Jackie C. I used to write campaigns for D&D. I lost my way I feel, it is something I have interest in picking up again, I even picked up a set of core rules for v5 I think it was. Now I just need to come up with a story arc and then get a group together.
  • Upcoming Events