• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I don’t know my size

ShawnaLeigh

I am in need of new underwear.  Specifically pantys.  I plan to order just some basic cotton bikini style but do not know what size.  
I A men’s size I am in a medium size men’s bikini style.  I have a 34” waist (men’s).  No hips really.  
please help.  

Buy a pair each of size six and another of size eight, that will be in the ballpark. I'm thinking eight will be it, six might be a bit tight but good to keep the thing hidden.

43 minutes ago, NB Adult said:

Buy a pair each of size six and another of size eight, that will be in the ballpark. I'm thinking eight will be it, six might be a bit tight but good to keep the thing hidden.

Well yes we worry about the “thing” being hidden too.  Lol

❤️

• Forum Moderator

Women's sizes are meaningless. I'm an XL though and I've got, what was it, five inches on you (I'm 5' 11") and we weigh close to the same amount. I think my build is pretty average. Nothing special in the hips. Depending on where you're carrying it, I'd start by trying on a L and seeing if it fits, then going from there.

Oh, that could work too. I'm an XXL through the shoulders and an XL through the waist. What's your shirt size?

Hugs!

42 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

What's your shirt size?

I currently wearing my XL polo style golf shirts but L is more my size now.  To many XLs to just discard them.  5’7” and at 180 but dropping luckily.  Hoping to get around 150-160 area one day.  

• Forum Moderator

Yeah I know. Now when you wear them, they look like mini-dresses, right? I'd still guess you at a L.

Hugs!

40 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah I know. Now when you wear them, they look like mini-dresses, right? I'd still guess you at a L.

Hugs!

Yes actually.  I still wearing my old t shirts around the house but they go to mid thigh now and it’s like a mini dress.  Lol

its almost kinda cute with nice shaven legs walking around.  Plus I love to make my wife jealous over my legs.  I’m a bit of a devil sometimes.  

• Forum Moderator

I had to start tucking them in. People can't see my pretty belt if my t-shirt is down to about mid-thigh. It's still a problem with clothes that actually fit though. They assume that if I'm a women's XXL (which I need for my shoulders) than I must be bustier and/or thicker than I actually am. Susan's made a couple of comments about my skinny legs too. She doesn't get that I'd trade in an instant so I could have her hips. What can you do?

Women's sizes really are meaningless though. They're more about making you feel good than about helping you find something that fits. You're small enough that you can probably shop in regular stores. Susan and I both have to hit the big and tall shops. On the plus side, at Torrid I'm a 2. There was a shop we visited in San Francisco (not far from Chinatown, the owner was fantastic) where I'd be a 0. Most regular shops, I'm around a 16 and it can vary wildly by brand.

Hugs!

52 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

I had to start tucking them in. People can't see my pretty belt if my t-shirt is down to about mid-thigh

I tuck all my shirts in while out n about.  Especially at work.  
just like to wear some of my bigger T’s around the house or to sleep in so they are nice and long n baggy.  

I’m a 32” waist and prefer size small in the cotton bikini styled panties from Walmart. Being “well endowed” , I still have enough room to do a natural tuck, and it all feels super secure, unless I’m doing a lot bending. Still, maybe a medium would suite you from there since you’re a 34”

• Forum Moderator

I find the style makes a big difference so you may need to look closely and try a few different. As an example, very skimpy bikini style I find is no good for tucking but full coverage likely is but not as sexy, with many styles inbetween. I too am 33 / 34 waist and use size 12 (or 12/14), but they are UK sizes so no use to you over there.

Tracy

I have tried a few different styles over the years and fully agree.  Those that "look" sexy are not the "all day wear" panty in my opinion.  I like them but for now, with my wife just starting to accept how things are, and will be, I do not want to go crazy getting items that even she wouldn't wear.  LOL

Especially since she still insists on being the one to do the all laundry.  (I've never truly been trusted with "the laundry".)  LOL

She even told me, just yesterday, if I was ok with it, that she will fold and put my things away.  I was like.  You bet I would like that.  LOL

Honestly I am more about function now then trying to look sexy.  I've got a couple years before I will be in a body I wish to present as "sexy" anyways.  

Just starting to use "our" desired choice of clothing and undergarments is a plus for me.  More so that my wife is accepting of this.

If its any help

Bust 50

Waist 36

Hips 43.5 (Notice i had to get in the .5 ?)

I take a size 14 on anything below my waist. thats Uk size. Not american. You would have to convert it. But if it gives you an idea then my work is done Above my waist im generally now a 16 to 18

I work in retail so deal with sizes most working days

This again you need to convert to US.

But  12/14 Medium

14/16 Large

16/18  X Large

20 and above XX large

Anything below that is considered Small like from a size 10 down and if you really need X Small then i could perhaps just get one boob in it if i was lucky.

This does change from store to store but this is the gude i use.

If your mail ordering then. if its from china or such like then throw that guide out the window. There sizes are much smaller then western sizes. So XL to them is Medium/large

• Forum Moderator

Something I PROBABLY should have mentioned earlier: Usually there's a size guide. If you get your measurements with a tailor's tape measure beforehand, things will probably go more smoothly.

Hugs!

Sorry, late to the conversation. I agree , get your measurements before hand. Most manufacturers will have a sizing guide you can refer to.  Check their website.  There’s also a decent size conversion guide on this site somewhere. As mentioned though, the sizing at the end of the day is entirely arbitrary and even varies within a brand. 

I’m usually a 12 or 14 tall (36w/36t) or m/l depending on the brand. At 6’2” and 210lbs( slowly losing weight, aiming for 190, down from 230), it is an absolute pain trying to find clothes. Without hormones yet, I’m a 40A bra size, also next to impossible to find. Add in my giantess feet and I find myself shopping pretty much exclusively online. I have really started enjoying shopping with my wife and helping her to pick out garments for herself, I so wish stores carried my sizes so I could start shopping for myself. 

Good luck in the hunt!

*hugs*

40 minutes ago, SaraAW said:

I have really started enjoying shopping with my wife and helping her to pick out garments for herself, I so wish stores carried my sizes so I could start shopping for myself. 

I love this too and she has been open with me about how and what to look for while shopping for things.  Tips and tricks and in general being supportive in my change.  Provided it is going and a slow and manageable rate.  Which I am ok with.  

I honestly do not feel the need to go full blown into female clothing right now.  I am still coming out slowly, and still presenting male in most public settings and at work so it would put undo stresses on me and my life to go crazy over buying female clothing.

That said she helped me pick out some nice panties online and compared sizes with me.  She was upset to learn I am in a smaller sized panty then she was.  LOL  Though I made her feel better with pointing out she has a killer female body and curvy in all the right places and her hips are just wider then mine, saying I would swap bodies were her any time.  

I found that size 6 or mediums fit me best in panties and I'm happy to get that one size challenge out of the way.  Bras still elude me though.  I have a 40" band size but the cup size is a shoot in the dark still.  Mismatched breast sizes are not helping nor is the amount of weight I am loosing each week.  I do not want to order a nice/expensive bra only to find out three weeks from now its to big.  So I may hold off on specific bra types and go for a more "comfort fit" bra style.  Lord knows its not about gaining support for my breast but I have had a serious change of attitude in my mind of feeling wrong about going braless.  It just feels wrong to do so.  Which is strange coming from a male perspective of going shirtless all summer long.  

The one thing you may want to try in the bra department are the no cup no underwire stretchy bras like the Ahh Bra. My wife has a small chest but significant breast size, I’m the opposite, yet we wear the same size in this type of bra. They’re sort of like a sports bra, but not. They are pull overs. 

1 hour ago, SaraAW said:

The one thing you may want to try in the bra department are the no cup no underwire stretchy bras like the Ahh Bra. My wife has a small chest but significant breast size, I’m the opposite, yet we wear the same size in this type of bra. They’re sort of like a sports bra, but not. They are pull overs. 

Yes that's the style I am leaning towards right now.  Something comfortable and coverage and to fulfill my needs to feel more feminine with what I am wearing.

I wear the racerback Aah Bra's, there are no straps sliding off my shoulders and they are slightly compressive enough to eliminate jiggle, bounce and that pointy look. Coobie bras work well too, and the straps don't slide off my shoulders. 

1 hour ago, NB Adult said:

I wear the racerback Aah Bra's, there are no straps sliding off my shoulders and they are slightly compressive enough to eliminate jiggle, bounce and that pointy look. Coobie bras work well too, and the straps don't slide off my shoulders. 

I do have a downward tapered shoulder still where I had a pretty muscular neck/shoulder area.

Since loosing weight this has reduced some and I do not work out to build or even tone muscle at the moment.  Most of the bras I have tried on or worn for any amount of time do tend to slide off the shoulder.  Kinda annoying.  LOL

Thank you for the tips ladies.