• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling hopeless when i should be hopeful

Hellothere

I got my first binders, which i cant even express my happiness on. I feel better and more free. My only problem is that im just.. not flat enough. I mean i didnt think it was gonna be 100% flat but i thought it would be better than this. (I have 2 gc2b binders and 1 underworks binder). Along with that my mother agreed to get me a haircut, im gonna have short hair (side note:any hair tips?) but im worried ill just look butch or feminine.

on top of that, at my therapist visit, my mother explained how shes worried i'll wanna transition because she got me binders. So theres no hope there.

sorry im difficult but if i ever manage to convince my mother to let me transition, will wearing binders and cutting hair before hand make it harder. Like i wouldnt change anything but my name and pro nouns.

idk if that makes any sense but its a fear.

once again sorry for all the questions-

Cody

1 hour ago, Hellothere said:

I got my first binders, which i cant even express my happiness on. I feel better and more free. My only problem is that im just.. not flat enough. I mean i didnt think it was gonna be 100% flat but i thought it would be better than this. (I have 2 gc2b binders and 1 underworks binder). Along with that my mother agreed to get me a haircut, im gonna have short hair (side note:any hair tips?) but im worried ill just look butch or feminine.

Brilliant, mate!

My gc2b will arrive soon. I'm excited myself.

The not flat enough issue is terrible though... 

I got mine from gc2b because many people on the internet were saying they were the best. 

I thought they would work 100%... Guess not...

Do you think you can still pass as boobless though? With a not that tight t-shirt for example? 

I'm gonna cut my hair soon too. (my profile pic is old so don't be fooled) 

The worry to appear butch or feminine is quite understandable.

I'm still not out so no one really knows I'm not a cis girl. Growing my hair was an attempt to keep everyone fooled. 

I've played young boy roles in theatre before, they just cut my hair and I suddenly pass as a boy. The hairstyle I used to have (and will have again soon) works for both boys and girls who have a more androgyne look but still don't look butch. This is great for me because I can look like a girl and keep my secret secret and also like a boy when I want to, depending on what I'm wearing (the female curves can be tricky to hide though).

Back then, before I first had my hair cut short, I searched for both male and female hairstyles. I ended up finding a female model who, due to her short hair, in some pics, looked like a girl and, in others, like a cis bloke (even though with a female body. But the clothes she was wearing didn't hide much). That's the hairstyle I ended up choosing. I know it came from a woman but it was perfect for both my unhappy girl and dream boy self. 

I realize that you're out and don't have to pretend to be a girl like me, yet I've seen pics of pre-t FTMs with extremely manly haircuts who end up still appearing female and quite "butch". I feel like it's one of those things that, when going for the extreme, you end up not having what you wish for.

Example: In 2017, I was doing a show where I played Snow White (Yes, I hated being a bloody princess! Can't do much about it though, it's my job and I got payed for it). At least the story was vastly different from Snow White's and the show had a Clockwork Orange vibe to it, something that turned out pretty cool. Well, continuing! As a "girl", I've always been associated with Snow White. Just like the character, my hair is dark, my eyes brown and my skin really pale contrasting with darker lips. Yeah, to everyone's eyes I'm basically a Disney princess (horrifying). The thing is, when I was wearing the Snow White outfit, I didn't look like her anymore. The attempt to actually be her, made me loose the look I've always been associated with. I still did the show though and I guess it did go quite well.

Anyway, my point is that maybe (I can't tell you I'm certain because I don't hold the truth of the world) trying to much can ruin your goal. 

Google is your friend! Search search search!

I bet you'll find something you like and that will work.

You can always try to get advice from a hairdresser, never did that but maybe they could help. 

7 hours ago, OliverPerry said:

I realize that you're out and don't have to pretend to be a girl like me, yet I've seen pics of pre-t FTMs

Gosh i wish, my parents and a singular friend know. I still have to be a girl.

thank you for all the tips though, i hope the gc2b binder works for you:)

3 hours ago, Hellothere said:

Gosh i wish, my parents and a singular friend know. I still have to be a girl.

Sorry for assuming you were entirely already out.

Having to present yourself as a girl when you're actually not one is rubbish.  

Take heart, not all men are totally flat chested, some have well developed pectoral muscles and others have what's known as Gynecomastia which is quite common now. 

1 hour ago, NB Adult said:

Take heart, not all men are totally flat chested, some have well developed pectoral muscles and others have what's known as Gynecomastia which is quite common now. 

Fortunately for me I have both of these issues.  Though I wish I had them more.  LOL

Indeed, lots of men have large pectoral muscles, specifically developed by doing extra work in the gym. I have "young teen girl" boobs, although I'm not entirely certain why since I'm not on HRT yet.

How you carry yourself has more to do with it than whether your chest is/isn't flat. Think Arnold Schwarzenegger when you walk. His movie posture is an exaggerated macho. Then once you can do that, and have stopped laughing, you can tone it down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Mmindy
    • Maddee
    • Charlize
    • KymmieL
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Melissa_J
    Newest Member
    Melissa_J

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   @KymmieLI hope you're misreading your bosses communications. As you say keep plugging a long. Don't give them signs that you're slow quitting, just to collect unemployment.   I have a few things to do business wise, and will be driving to the St. Louis, MO area for two family gatherings.   Have a great day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KymmieL
      Good morning everyone, TGIFF   It seems like I am the one keeping or shop from being the best. According to the boss. I don't know if my days are numbered or not. But anymore I am waiting for the axe to fall. Time will tell.   I keep plugging a long.   Kymmie
    • KymmieL
      In the warmer weather, Mine is hitting the road on the bike. Just me, the bike, and the road. Other is it music or working on one of my many projects.   Kymmie
    • LC
      That is wonderful. Congratulations!
    • Heather Shay
      What is relaxation to you? Nature? Movie? Reading? Cuddling with a pet? Music?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Having just a normal emotional day.
    • Heather Shay
      AMUSEMENT The feeling when you encounter something silly, ironic, witty, or absurd, which makes you laugh. You have the urge to be playful and share the joke with others. Similar words: Mirth Amusement is the emotional reaction to humor. This can be something that is intended to be humorous, like when someone tells a good joke or when a friend dresses up in a ridiculous costume. But it can also be something that you find funny that was not intended to be humorous, like when you read a sign with a spelling error that turns it into an ironic pun. For millennia, philosophers and scholars have been attempting to explain what exactly it is that makes something funny. This has led to several different theories. Nowadays, the most widely accepted one is the Incongruity Theory, which states that something is amusing if it violates our standards of how things are supposed to be. For example, Charlie Chaplin-style slapstick is funny because it violates our norms of competence and proper conduct, while Monty Python-style absurdity is funny because it violates reason and logic. However, not every standard or norm violation is necessarily funny. Violations can also evoke confusion, indignation, or shock. An important condition for amusement is that there is a certain psychological distance to the violation. One of the ways to achieve this is captured by the statement ‘comedy is tragedy plus time’. A dreadful mistake today may become a funny story a year from now. But it can also be distant in other ways, for instance, because it happened to someone you do not know, or because it happens in fiction instead of in real life. Amusement also needs a safe and relaxed environment: people who are relaxed and among friends are much more likely to feel amused by something. A violation and sufficient psychological distance are the basic ingredients for amusement, but what any one person find funny will depend on their taste and sense of humor. There are dozens of ‘humor genres’, such as observational comedy, deadpan, toilet humor, and black comedy. Amusement is contagious: in groups, people are more prone to be amused and express their amusement more overtly. People are more likely to share amusement when they are with friends or like-minded people. For these reasons, amusement is often considered a social emotion. It encourages people to engage in social interactions and it promotes social bonding. Many people consider amusement to be good for the body and the soul. By the end of the 20th century, humor and laughter were considered important for mental and physical health, even by psychoneuroimmunology researchers who suggested that emotions influenced immunity. This precipitated the ‘humor and health movement’ among health care providers who believed that humor and laughter help speed recovery, including in patients suffering from cancer1). However, the evidence for health benefits of humor and laughter is less conclusive than commonly believed2. Amusement is a frequent target of regulation: we down-regulate it by shifting our attention to avoid inappropriate laughter, or up-regulate it by focusing on a humorous aspect of a negative situation. Interestingly, amusement that is purposefully up-regulated has been found to have the same beneficial physical and psychological effects as the naturally experienced emotion. Amusement has a few clear expressions that emerge depending on the intensity of the emotion. When people are mildly amused, they tend to smile or chuckle. When amusement intensifies, people laugh out loud and tilt or bob their head. The most extreme bouts of amusement may be accompanied by uncontrollable laughter, tears, and rolling on the floor. Most cultures welcome and endorse amusement. Many people even consider a ‘good sense of humor’ as one of the most desirable characteristics in a partner. At the same time, most cultures have (implicit) rules about what is the right time and place for amusement. For example, displays of amusement may be deemed inappropriate in situations that demand seriousness or solemness, such as at work or during religious rituals.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!!! Two cups of coffee in the books and I am just feeling so wonderful this morning. Not sure why, but I'm happy and smiling.   Enjoy this beautiful day!!!
    • Heather Shay
      A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear. -You cannot snore and dream at the same time. -The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime. -A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in. -Chewing gum while you cut an onion will help keep you from crying.
    • Susan R
      Love it! This is great news. We need more of this to combat the excessive hate-filled rhetoric and misinformation. 👍
    • Susan R
      The experience was the same for me @April Marie. I slept much deeper and I woke up each morning feeling so much more restful sleeping with forms solidly in place. For me, wearing breast forms at night started when before I was a teenager. I had no access up to modern breast forms and certainly no way to buy mastectomy bras back then. I wore a basic bra my mom had put in a donation box and two pairs of soft cotton socks. I have some crazy memories of things I did in my youth to combat my GD but regardless, these makeshift concoctions helped me work through it all.   All My Best, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.