• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Binding and Blood Vessels

Hellothere

So i've been binding for like 4 weeks, which has been amazing and i've felt more comfortable. Well today i found that in between my breasts, a blood vessle thing has come out of my skin. What worries me more is how purple the skin around it and there is another patch of purple near it. I had to call my mother (a doctor) in to check it out because i was terrified something horrible was up. For one, that was the most  awkward, dysphoric causing hell of an experience. She thinks it because the pressure binder out on your body, which is reasonable. The problem is my skin there has been really weird for like month's  now. She said to take a break (and of course i will because i dont want to screw up my future). I need to know if these corralate because if im just really unlucky im gonna be so fed up with this.

luckily schools on break but i still hate being back in the amount of discomfort not being flat brings.

so, did anyone else have tthis problem and if so, what should i do to stop it from happening again.

This hasn’t happened to me because I don’t have a binder yet, but I think it’s low circulation and maybe bruising. Of course I have no idea, that’s just what I think it may be

• Admin

Pressure bruising has been reported here on the Forums before.  It is one big reason not to go too tight with them.  I know it will be hard, but do wait a couple of days as your mom said and let it heal.  Check where seams and closures are and I bet it was one of them that  put extra pressure on the spot.

I have MtF friends get the same thing from underwire bras that are too small for them.