• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

VickySGV

NAVIGATING TRANSITION-RELATED CARE: A Guide for Parents and Guardians of Gender-Expansive Children and Teens

Aidan5

I will most likely show this to my parents. Maybe the doctors could help my parents to understand me since they don't listen to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 187 Guests (See full list)

• JoniSteph
    • Willa
    • Aidan5
    • CaitlynS
    • Ashe
    • KymmieL
    • Susan R
    • AdriannaB
    • A. Dillon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Ashe
    Newest Member
    Ashe

1. alexastlmo
      alexastlmo
      (36 years old)
    2. Laura Beth
      Laura Beth
      (53 years old)
    3. Trojan
      Trojan
      (41 years old)
    • Aidan5
      So we got a new kid on our bus a little while ago and of course he was cute, he was shorter than me and really hyper. He loved talking to me and I was terrified he would be disgusted I was trans. So the first day we met I had my crocheted pride flag on my bag and asked him if he knew what it was. He smiled and said it was the trans flag, he then told me he was pansexual. We kinda just clicked as friends and sit with each other often. I told him about how my parents call me "Dan" which is short for Aidan and he called me Danny. My face was burning because it was a cute nickname. Today on the bus he was joking about how he was single and how he thought I would never date him, I didn't have the chance to say anything and he asked me to hold his hand, I hesitated but somehow managed to hold his hand. It turned out to be his birthday today so I drew his a character from jojo since it was his favorite and he loved it. I almost died when he said "How about a birthday kiss?" I couldn't tell if he was joking or not so I played it safe. It was really awkward and then he got off the bus because it was his stop. There is my current dilemma haha. 
    • Ashe
      I came out three years ago as enby/gender fluid.  It never changed, however in recent months i've felt very very feminine. To the point where I feel like two completely different people. Questioning who I was was a horrific long road, and I don't want to do that again. But my other trans friend said they feel the exact same way.   I feel like two different people entirely. In terms of what I like, music etc.  When I feel feminine, I like colourful cute clothes and upbeat music, I put it down to my name being 'Dove.' I'm basically the opposite of me when I feel like this   But when I feel like me, who I have been for three and a half years now, Ashe, I just feel like me. I am me, but the Dove side just exists and I think about it all the time.    It actually gets to the point where I beat my own dysphoria fluctuation with my feminine side. It's horrible, and so scary and confusing. I didn't know where to turn, but I found myself here 💝
    • KymmieL
      I have never used any type of app. let alone the face ones. I have been told by my therapist at one session that if she didn't know better she would think I was a woman. (yea)   I have thought of FFS but that is a ways off. (if at all)   Kymmie
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Lol you always get me.  Lol
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Me too!   Nice look!
    • Susan R
      Both sets of glasses look very good on you.  I like the top set (the heavier square-ish ones) with your facial structure a little better. They both feminize you’re face quite well.   Susan R🌷    
    • VickySGV
      Looking good!!  I have to wear glasses or I cannot see as far as the end of my nose!!  
    • Belle
      I like the glasses look on you @Miseria!
    • TrIIIy
      In Mississippi, I had to see a gender therapist and get a recommendation letter from them to give to an endocrinologist. This process took not quite a year. The hardest part for me was finding an endocrinologist able and willing to do transgender HRT who wasn’t 50 miles away. Mississippi just doesn’t have a lot of trans resources, though. You might have better luck where you live. I actually found my doctor through a Facebook support group. Once you have everything in order, make sure to check about your T being covered by your insurance. I didn’t think that mine would be, since I have Medicaid, but it was! I had to wait until my doctor sent the prescription to the pharmacy before I could find out, though. It was a nice surprise.
    • Miseria
      Hello all, I find glasses do conceal my brow slightly as bangs arent much of an option for my style. I find i cannot shape my eyebrows to save my life... that is without them resembling Nike signs... First photo is of reading glasses 2nd are large circular ones i bought from wish.
    • Jackie C.
      That's not ALL bad. I have a lovely, white peasant skirt that I fear for whenever I wear it outside. It's light and breezy, but the white always makes me nervous. I know SOMETHING is going to stain it forever. The only solution is constant vigilance. That wears on you after a while.   Hugs!
    • Claire 1960
      Love wearing my skirts and dresses    just wish I could do that outside    sadly will never happen 
    • AdriannaB
      Therapist was glad to hear it and gave great advice how to do it.Going to meet me as Adrianna tomorrow for the first time
    • Susan R
      Great advice Trilly...the world will go on without us.  It’s like most things...you get what you put into it.  It’s takes motivation to engage in activities we are unfamiliar with but if you try a few on for size I think you’d be surprised how many activities you never realized you enjoy.  For example...Try volunteering somewhere....there are endless opportunities in most metropolitan areas.  Pick one and get information...make a few calls and see what they need.  That way you help not only yourself but possibly someone else in need.  It’s a great feeling.   Susan R🌷
    • Belle
      I'm glad you have such wonderful support Claire!   Belle ❤
  • Upcoming Events