• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

shelly_koleva83

What is the situation in Europe? (answers European ladies if possible)

shelly_koleva83

Hello, evryone!

I depsperately need to discus topics with my community, the whole of it, because I really feel so lost at some points, and lonely even with a boyfriend/fiance by my side (not legaly, it's impossible in here - Bulgaria).

Job search is one of the topics that I need to know more, because I am unemployed almost for six months. 

So I want to ask European ladies in the forum (as I am not excluding anyone, who wants to contribute to the topic) about the job-search process in other EU countries. If there are women from around the world who traveled to Europe to work in here I'll be happy to know about their experience. 

I also want to share that did something brave related to job search. I applied for a writer's position in a company in the USA, as I am not expecting that much that they will hire me, but I love the business where that they are recruits writers and it's my dream... so I applied! Brave and stupid. The stupid part might be that I applied with my real, preffer not assigned name. But as I wrote up there: I just needed to try! I hope if some miracle happens they don't call me to go to the USA (I am scared of the States). They have a stay at home writers, so that will suits me... But (yeah, I am dumb from time time), let's not put a lot of hope in that. It's a big company and despite their insurance that they don't discriminate I might receive a "NO" answer. (Actually, I'we wrote in the CV that I am a trans woman) 

Astrid

One way to approach a writing position (for example, as a technical writer for a high tech company) is to write about a topic that you, yourself, are excited and knowledgeable ... then, find companies that have products or services related to that topic, and send the sample along with your application. 

Good luck with your search!

With best wishes, 

Astrid 

Jani

I don't have any specific EU advise @shelly_koleva83 but I will comment on your appying for a position in the US.   Good for you!   As long as you are up front about your legal name later when and if they contact you for more information you will be fine.  Adding that you are transgender was a good idea IMO. 

Best of luck,

Jani

shelly_koleva83

Thank you! :) 

shelly_koleva83
13 hours ago, Astrid said:

One way to approach a writing position (for example, as a technical writer for a high tech company) is to write about a topic that you, yourself, are excited and knowledgeable ... then, find companies that have products or services related to that topic, and send the sample along with your application. 

Good luck with your search!

With best wishes, 

Astrid 

Thank you for the replay, Astrid!

They demanded information about the candidates writings so I gave them around 4  years + writing on the topic their product is related to. 

:)

shelly_koleva83
12 hours ago, Jani said:

I don't have any specific EU advise @shelly_koleva83 but I will comment on your appying for a position in the US.   Good for you!   As long as you are up front about your legal name later when and if they contact you for more information you will be fine.  Adding that you are transgender was a good idea IMO. 

Best of luck,

Jani

Thank you, Jani! :) 

tracy_j

Theoretically the only issue you may find are the usual issues with anyone coming from where you are to the Uk. Legally trans issues should not be a problem although they may complicate paperwork.

Tracy

shelly_koleva83
1 hour ago, tracy_j said:

Theoretically the only issue you may find are the usual issues with anyone coming from where you are to the Uk. Legally trans issues should not be a problem although they may complicate paperwork.

Tracy

Thank you, Tracy!

I don't have plans to move to UK. As I've heard the situation there is not good as well (now UK have their transphobic LGB Alliance). We know that the rise of nacism and conservaitve-religious bigotry is affecting the whole contitnent. Unluckily, part of alll of this, a huge part is coming from the USA (Alliance Defending Freedom, Family Research Council, etc.) the other part of that evelness is coming from Russia! 

tracy_j
21 hours ago, shelly_koleva83 said:

I don't have plans to move to UK. As I've heard the situation there is not good as well (now UK have their transphobic LGB Alliance).

It is perhaps only sensible for me to speak for my part of the country, the East Midlands. Here things are quiet and there is little transphobia. I cannot say I have never come across any but physical violence would be very unusual and comments are not common. There is a fairly large Eastern Europe community here but they tend to live with themselves mostly. It does irritate some people but any violence tends to be within themselves, not with the natives. I think it is rougher toward the West Midlands and in some parts of the bigger cities.

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • ElizabethStar
    • VickySGV
    • Robin.C
    • Dana Michelle
    • MaryEllen
    • Chibdeeb
    • RunValRun
    • SL
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Adelaide
    Newest Member
    Adelaide

No users celebrating today
    • Dana Michelle
      I'm 38 and I haven't had my hair cut in 18 years, and have been on estrogen and testosterone blockers for 2 1/2 years. My hair goes about 1/3 of the way down my back, which is the same length it was before starting hormones.  
    • Chibdeeb
      Hello. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area! I just joined yesterday.   I'm going to get right to the point. After starting T over one year ago, my inner labia (Which were not small to begin with) Have completely disappeared. They're just gone. There's a barely noticeable ridge of tissue where they once were, and my outer labia are about 1/3 the size they used to be.    I'm not complaining, but I have never heard of anything like this happening whatsoever. I've heard about a loss of elasticity, but what the frick.   As for the other issue, I sometimes get ''cramps.'' I haven't had a period in a year, but I get cramps randomly without any schedule or predictability. Sometimes they're severe enough that I have to lay in bed with a heat pack.   I would bring this up with my doctor, but he doesn't answer my emails at all anymore and his office is hours away. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Is this normal or worrying? Thank you.
    • Jani
      Yes we endured an eleven day ice storm and the resulting outages years ago.  Furnace, water pump, water heater and refrigerator are all critical!  I have a transfer switch that allows me to swap over to the generator safely.  I'm not a prepper either but some things are a given when you live where I do.  
    • KathyLauren
      @Jani, I am glad you were well-prepared for the power outage.  Out on the west coast, a few years ago, we endured an eight-day outage caused by a major storm.  That motivated me to get a generator.    I made sure both that house and our current house are wired so that the generator can power anything on the premises.  Not all at the same time, of course, but fridge, freezer, well pump and the controls for the oil-fired furnace can all run off it, as well as the computer and the TV.    I don't consider myself a "prepper", but I do believe in being prepared for some of the more likely events, like storms.
    • claire1000
      The only person other than my therapist I told was my primary care physician, I new that because of other medical conditions she would see the hormone therapy in my blood work.I wanted to see how I felt on the hormones before I told family.At about 6 months my eldest daughter said there was something going on with me and wanted to know if I was ill, she said I looked different to her.What I had not realized that with prior weight loss the hormone therapy had started to change my facial appearance somewhat.She was the first that I told followed by her sister and my 2 sons.The girls have been wonderful but the sons not so much.But now living full time everyone knows this is going to be permanent, and whatever time I have left I am going to live as Claire.
    • Michellle
      Oh ok, that sounds easy. How do you record your files? In the studio or do you have your own recording software?
    • SL
      Congratulations! Good luck with the new path! I'm sure you'll do great!
    • Jani
      Yes our hair tends to grow dependent upon a number of factors including our genetic makeup.  Here are the stages of growth.   Anagen is the active growth phase of hair follicles during which the root of the hair is dividing rapidly, adding to the hair shaft. During this phase the hair grows about 1 cm every 28 days. Scalp hair stays in this active phase of growth for 2–7 years; this period is genetically determined.   The catagen phase is a short transition stage that occurs at the end of the anagen phase. It signals the end of the active growth of a hair. The hair detaches from its blood supply during the catagen phase. This phase lasts for about two to three weeks while a club hair is formed.   The telogen phase is the resting phase of the hair follicle. When the body is subjected to extreme stress, as much as 70 percent of hair can prematurely enter the telogen phase and begin to fall, causing a noticeable loss of hair. This condition is called telogen effluvium.
    • Jani
      @KathyLauren That is so nice that you can effectively communicate about what you love and that people respond.   Keep going!   With the storm running up the East coast we had a period of high winds and rain in the early evening.  Lights in the house flickered a few times but it seemed we were safe.  But at 8pm the winds kicked up again and power went out!  I decided against lighting candles and went to bed at 9pm.  At 11:30 it was still dark, although the moon was full and it was very bright outside.  As it had been close to 4 hours I was concerned about my refrigerator.     I got dressed and went out to the garage to connect and fire up the generator.  I pulled it out and connected the underground cable to the house.  Thankfully it still had some gas in the tank.  I went out to buy more fuel, but it was already 12:30am and I didn't know how extensive the outage was.  Thankfully I saw the streetlight was on about a quarter mile from the house and I was able to find fuel at a local station that is 24hour.      After topping off the tank I sat in my car to cool off and listen to the radio.  About 1:30 I saw a power company truck pass by looking at the overhead cables.  I went to bed and awoke at 5am to see the power had been restored.  Great!  I went out to the garage in my night shirt to turn off the generator.  We don't generally loss power in the summer but the winds were really strong.  Thank goodness for the power crews!!  
    • Jani
      Kylie I hope it all went well and you are resting comfortably when you read this.  We'll all thinking of you.   Hugs, Jani
    • Jani
      Wonderful News Emily!!  I hope it works out for you and you find your new passion!
    • Jani
      Hello Rory and welcome!  Take you time to sort out who you are.  In the meantime, please join in.   Jani
    • Jani
      Hello HollyNoel and welcome!  Jackie's site has been very interesting, she's so positive.  Great news about seeing a therapist.  As to makeup, try to experiment and remember less is more!  Please join in the conversation!! Jani
    • Jani
      Its looking much better now.  
    • Jani
      In regard to "Secret 'o Life" isn't it amazing how some songs really hit the point and speak to us in a deep manner?   I've always loved the positive message in "Shower the People". 
  • Upcoming Events