• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

shelly_koleva83

Thoughts on LGB Alliance and their "non" transphobic questions for potential MPs

shelly_koleva83

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/11/13/lgb-alliance-questions-candidates-general-election-anti-trans-rights/

LGB Alliance. the new transphibic star in the list of LGBT especially T-phobic organisations is asking 12 questions and non of them related to the claim:

“We are pro-LGB and we are advocating for LGB rights,”

Well, we get it! They don't like trans people, but why do they need to do harm?

I don't know if you have read that article - those of you who are not from UK or Europe, but it reached me here, in the forgotten Bulgaria and I was like "Hm, okay! Another battlefield! More complexed people who we don't want to fight, but here they are!!!"...

So, here is what they are and what they are asking. I don't have a lot lesbians and gay friends so this here is not helping me a lot. We already have some issues in here - LGB against T... so it's hurtful, hurtful for all of us!

Share some thoughts!

Charlize

The gay community has a history of having difficulty accepting the trans. community.  At the same time many do support us.  Unfortunately others would rather we fade into the closet again.  I have dear gay and lesbian friends who accept me as myself but i also know others who don't.  Fortunately there seem to be more of the accepting ones.  Thea almost sounds like the straight community.  Most accept but a few simply do not.  I can't control that so i try to let it go, hoping that they can see me as a good person and not a threat.

Hugs,

Charlize

Robin

The internet has made it extremely easy for the small minority of trouble makers in society to publicise themselves.  These people claim to have many more supporters than they probably have.  The average person, gay or straight, probably doesn't even think about trans people, and certainly has no strong views about them.

This hate group is probably generating as much of a negative image of LGB people as it is of trans people.

Robin.

Jackie C.
3 hours ago, Robin said:

The internet has made it extremely easy for the small minority of trouble makers in society to publicise themselves.  These people claim to have many more supporters than they probably have.  The average person, gay or straight, probably doesn't even think about trans people, and certainly has no strong views about them.

Exactly, the article makes sense of some static I was getting about "Gay leaders who think Trans people should go their own way." I read his little manifesto and he was so very full of equine excrement. At its best I feel like the LGBTQ+ movement is about inclusion. That's really all I want. I'd like to sit at the big table and have the same rights as everyone else. I'd also like everyone that isn't me to join us. Of course, I might be biased. I identify as L and T so I'm not even sure how that would work. Self-loathing maybe? I've been there. I'm not going back.

There's a push right now to subdivide ourselves into smaller and smaller groups. I suspect it's largely manufactured by groups that would prefer to keep the dissenting voices small and powerless. Unfortunately, those groups own media outlets. All we can really do about that is push to come together in spite of them.

Hugs!

tracy_j

A personal view but really, except for being a similar minority group exactly how similar are we to the gay community? In my opinion we are not at all. It has always been stated that sex and gender are different things. My view is that there is some corealation but that would need extensive research.  I won't elaborate further as I know it is a hot subject but just my opinion.

To me it's not to me an us against them at all, it is for the world living in harmony. If we are banded together we should help each other.

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now