• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Glad to be back!

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Sorry we have been down for a dew days.  I just lucked out and found we are back up now.  Every so often it seems servers and other issues can affect the forums.  This has happened several times over the y\ears i've been here but happily we make it back thanks to the administrators work. 

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Back on line!  It was a Server issue unfortunately.  But thanks to Dev and PJ we're back.

Jani

Nice to be back!   Thank Dev and PJ - Happy to see we have all survived an unexpected vacation.

JoniSteph

So glad to have the forums back!!! This feels like such a safe place and I'm glad we are back online! Thanks a ton Dev and PJ!! 

Juelie

Yay! ? Thank you admins for recovering the forum, and for providing it and all that y'all do ?

~Toni

• Forum Moderator

Always a bit of a worry - I am glad things are now up and running again.

Very glad to see the site up again. I've been checking several times a day since it went down. Nice to be back!

• Root Admin

Oh, don't thank me, I've been unable to access the forums for the last week over here. My god, it's good to be back though!

It's all down to Dev and Piper as far as I know.

Yeeeeessssss!   I’m so happy it is back up.  This place is therapy for me and I was getting anxious about not being able to check in on everyone that has gotten to be so important to me.  
Love this site!❤️❤️❤️

And there was me thinking i had broke it!

41 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

t not being able to check in on everyone that has gotten to be so important to me.  

You do really. in a strange way the people you follow and read there posts with great interest kind of become freinds in a strange internet kinda fashion

I read yours Shawna. So you officially have a stalker ?

That sounded far to creepy ?

4 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

And there was me thinking i had broke it!

You do really. in a strange way the people you follow and read there posts with great interest kind of become freinds in a strange internet kinda fashion

I read yours Shawna. So you officially have a stalker ?

That sounded far to creepy ?

Nope not at all.  I do the same with a few that I am following too.  I call you all friends when I talk to my wife about things on the forums and she gives me crap about using the word "friends".

She is one that looks at forums like "it could be anyone lying about who they are to use you in evil ways".  Which I suppose is true in some cases.  But I feel comfortable and safe here and read so much about certain folks that I can not see them "being evil" to me in any way.  In fact they have been encouraging and helpful.

Or maybe I am still naïve about the world in general. 

I like to think I can trust those who are going through the same things I am and confessing very hard things, online, to those they trust.

Its a risk but this place has helped me so much I am willing to continue trying to learn and grow and even help where I can.

I agree with Shawna, I feel I have made some friends here. In my line of work, you tend to develop a cynical and trust-wary attitude, yet I have never felt unsafe here to express myself or to share things that are deeply personal. I think seeing how seriously the admins take their roles and how quick they are to act when folks cross lines or break the rules really helps. 

Also, as we all know, it takes an incredible amount of effort to maintain lies or hide things.  I can’t wait until I can come out everywhere and free up a large part of my brain to just being me and living life.  Anyone looking to do harm will eventually slip up and be caught. 

Giving a little trust initially, then more as time goes by and getting to know the online person better has worked well for me. Some online friendships have turned into in person friendships for me in the past. 

*hugs*

• Forum Moderator

I think that when i found that i could be accepted here by those with no ulterior motives i began to open up.  That has certainly been a major factor in self acceptance.  It has also helped me to be able to open to the world.

I have definitely made friends, some of whom i've been blessed to share a meal with.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you for getting the servers back up! Even though I'm not a regular, I found myself disturbed that forums were down, and worried that it won't be back.

Thank you again for getting back up!

11 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

All Hail Dev, Kelly and PJ!  :goodjob:

Carolyn

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Appreciate all the effort it took to get the site back online.

I've missed everyone!

7 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

You do really. in a strange way the people you follow and read there posts with great interest kind of become friends in a strange internet kinda fashion

I agree with Maid In Bedlam that we all follow various posts who we relate closely with developing them as friends.

11 hours ago, ToniTone said:

Thank you admins for recovering the forum, and for providing it and all that y'all do ?

I felt lost without these forums and checking several times a day, only added to my anxiety. The feelings of getting lost among the monsters residing within my head again was not a thought that I found bearable. Practice time for the Therapy exercises.

So so so glad to be back where I can be me again among developing friends.

Hugs to all

JoniSteph

1 hour ago, JoniSteph said:

I agree with Maid In Bedlam that we all follow various posts who we relate closely with developing them as friends.

I felt lost without these forums and checking several times a day, only added to my anxiety. The feelings of getting lost among the monsters residing within my head again was not a thought that I found bearable. Practice time for the Therapy exercises.

So so so glad to be back where I can be me again among developing friends.

Hugs to all

JoniSteph

I have to admit I was getting all uptight over not being able to sign in and see what's going on.  I was checking like every 15 minutes all day long.  I felt very disconnected from a place that has made me feel so good about myself.  

It is scary how attached I am to these forums and the wonderful people here.  How the continued story's of some had me on the edge of my seat and then was gone.  Noooooo!!!

Even for a short while.  

Thank you to those who got the site back up! In such a short time, being here has become so very important to me.

Hugs to all,

Madelyn

• Forum Moderator

The discord server was still up (fortunately). Vicky was kind enough to let me know what was going on. I used to work in tech support, so as soon as I heard the words "routine server maintenance," I relaxed a little. (It was a sticky in the TransgenderPulse discord server. Of course IT said 18 hours.). All three of those words are a lie, there's no such thing. Something ALWAYS goes sideways. Always.

That was a bad one though. I always budgeted twice the time I thought it was going to take plus however long it would take to restore the system from backups. That's me though. I don't like fielding phone calls about, "Why isn't the server up yet?" while I'm trying to work.

It scared me a little at first though. The whole reason I found TransgenderPulse in the first place was because my old forum disappeared and shuttered its doors with no warning or explanation whatsoever. One morning it just... wasn't.

After that it was just missing all the connections I've made here. I'd say friends. Tragically, the only other member that seems to be in my state is Timber Wolf, so it'll have to be a long distance relationship. That's OK. I've got other long-distance friends.

Hugs! 

• Forum Moderator

These things happen (as you know).  The good news is we're here to stay.  Even under our old name and management we slogged through these days.