• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kitty

Help! im confused

Kitty

im confused

ive questioned if im genderfluid, or bi gender but im not sure

i like wearing feminine clothes and masculine clothes 

i like have guys and girls as freinds and i have an equal amount

one day a puton a out fit looked in the mirroir and thought this outfit makes me look tough , like a boy , i love this outfit

i also love my feminie outfits with a v neck and jewlery 

i like skirts but not dresses

in ive been throught periods of time where i dressed feminine for a few years, and kinda masculine for a few 

i wear masculine and feminine clothes 

i dont like my full name and i think it sounds  too feminine 

what do you think ? im counfused and im looking for help 

VickySGV

Welcome to Transgender Pulse, good to have you with us.

You are definitely NOT Cis gender from what you describe here.  Genderfluid or Non Binary are the real possibilities I see in what you describe.  Both categories (or maybe they are the same) have come to fall into the Trans circle of life, and that is not a bad thing.  You need to find a Therapist who understands gender diversity and Gander Dysphoria, and really carefully work with them to find the best niche for you, and develop a program of what you need to make your life right.

Kitty

I would find a therapist but i am a teenager and too afraid to ask my parents 

Kitty

whats tough is that i think that i might have social anxiety and last year i was not  able to wear things that made me happy without being scared about what others think.This year i have been able to wear what i want to. I feel quite confident and nice in a v neck t shirt flanned , jeans, and jewlery but i also feel confident in boys clothes.

VickySGV

I am a sneaky old grand parent, so here is a suggestion:  Gender Dysphoria can disguise itself in many things that make it hard to do school work, get along with friends and generally find yourself depressed because of the pressure it puts on you. The counseling can also help you with the other anxiety A counselor can work with you on those issues and since as a teenager they cannot tell your folks everything you tell them, you can put in the gender issues as you get help for the other issues.  Gender Therapists started out as the garden variety therapist but most therapists are becoming aware of the problems and may be happy for you to help them improve.

ShawnaLeigh

Welcome to our family.  I guarantee there are folks here that feel the exact same way and hopefully they chime in.  
I was going to suggest a school counselor too. To get some help up front and get the ball rolling.  Work in the gender topic when you feel comfortable.
Good Luck! 

Kitty

Ok thats a good idea

TammyAnne

Hi and welcome Kitty!

I cannot add anything to excellent advice given above, except to say talking with a counselor can make a huge difference - at least it has for me.

SaraAW

Welcome Kitty. I too can’t add anything to the great advice above. Just know you’re not alone in what going through. Many folks stories, while unique, have a lot in common too. 

Speaking to people, especially those with training is usually of great help to many. I know that once I found my therapist and was able to start to open up and share, I have felt better. Still have a long road ahead, but at least I’m walking down it and not frozen in place in fear. 

This is also a great place to ask questions, share and see that you’re definitely not alone. 

*hugs*

Kitty

When i put on guys clothes im sorta like another version of myself thats always been there but i rarley act like. when i wear guys clothes im more confident, i feel tough and there even is a kid who is scared of me cuz i tell him not to mess with me.

Kitty

im confused as im starting to see myself to like more guy like stuff and less girl like stuff

Kitty

I feel to scared to talk to any adults irl about this

ShawnaLeigh

Kitty,  There is no quick fixes or guidelines we can tell you to make your life as you want it to be right now.  We can only support and encourage you as best we can and try to give advice but in the end it will be up to you to decide and do for yourself.  Up front you need most of all to be calm and try to be understanding about how what you are saying effects others.  Being all upset all the time and yelling or getting angry serves no one and may make things worse for you.  It is easy to feel its all about "us" but it is also about everyone in your life who cares and loves you too.  It can take time for them to understand. 

Unfortunately as a youth you have more constrains then just society too.  Its a shame your family does not support you as things would be so much easier in your home life.  For you in general, but no crying over spilt milk as they say.  Keep trying to communicate with your family.  Over time they may see the light and what you are going through is not just stage.  But pain and emotional hurt. This takes time too.

For you it will be an up hill battle but you can only fight it one day at a time.  Maybe hour by hour some days as you live your life and grow.  You can do it.  I suggest giving yourself some long talks or serious time to think about what it is your are feeling and how to fix or heal it.  To try and make a plan to get to where you want to be,  Try to fix the things you do have control over first.  There will be a lot you don't due to your parents it sounds.  But there are many you can if you think about it.

You as a trans youth will have to summon a lot of courage to be who you are inside.  It will be hard and scary.  Well past your years living with your parents.  But eventually you will get to a point where you can triumph over your fears and tell those that can help and encourage you.  It may take quite some time to reach this place I'm not going to lie.  It took me about 4 decades so I feel your pain.  Though my story is way different from yours.  I only wish I had the courage to come out when I was young. 

Please don't give up on yourself.  In the end you are the only one who can take care of you in this journey.

Kitty

ok

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • _x.anime.x
    • VickySGV
    • ElizabethStar
    • Shay
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

_x.anime.x
    Newest Member
    _x.anime.x

1. Mia
      Mia
      (28 years old)
    • _x.anime.x
      Hey so im katherine 15 (I know I'm young I hope thats okay) I'm struggling with gender identity some days i just want to snap my fingers and change my body completely (as in no vag or breasts to having a p and some times neither) however im happy with using she/her terms but I feel like im wrong in the way that I don't experience high levels of body dysphoria which from my understanding please correct if im wrong is what kind of tells you in a way what gender you are (sorry if that was incorrect) its really stressing me out and some days I just feel so distant from my body and its not like I want to instantly have the "male" body its just like I don't want anything (but sometimes male or female and even both) but the term genderfluid doesn't sit well as even when I feel like a male i still wear stereotypical female clothing which i know sounds like a stupid excuse but from some if the gender fluid people i have met they have said thats how they deal with it sorry if I'm not making any sense however i was wondering if anyone is going through something similar and how they are coping with it
    • KymmieL
      Holly, Welcome to Transpulse. We are all family here. a nonjudgmental place to express yourself, ask questions, find answers, and be who ou need to be.   Kymmie
    • Ryan
      Welcome, Holly. 👋
    • Holly92
      Hi everybody, nervous and excited to join the forum!   My name is Holly, I'm 27 AMAB and have just started seriously exploring my gender dysphoria. I think I have known for a long time that I am a bisexual woman, however I have only just come out to my girlfriend and nobody else yet. I am still exploring how I want to progress going forward, but I thought a simple introduction was a great place to start. I'll probably be posting a lot on the other forums, but if anybody that has had a similar experience to me, please feel free to contact me and have a chat :)   Much love, Holly
    • ElizabethStar
      I got clocked and openly misgendered today. I had to take my wife to the hospital, she has ongoing health issues that require occasional visits. This time it turned out to be an overnight-er. I went home to get a few things for her nights stay. When I returned I had to got through the, now typical, Covid questions and temp check. Before I ever open my mouth or changed my mask one of the two woman behind the desk started calling me sir. And did it repeatedly. I feel I should have said something but I also had to show my ID. My wife had literally just gotten to her room so I wasn't on the visitor list. But she called me sir, like 6 times. I would have thought that somewhere between the strappy sandals, mini back pack, boobs, and purse she would have possibly just seen another woman. It just burnt me straight to my core to have this happen. I really want to call and complain but I'm scared of any back-lash.   Sorry for the rant. I just had to get it out.   💖~Liz~    
    • A. Dillon
      This might just be a tad too late, but have you ever heard of compression shirts? There are men's compression shirts which are meant to give your body a more masculine shape, and while it doesn't completely flatten your chest, it does greatly reduce your hips and if you wear a dark shirt no one can tell.
    • KathyLauren
      I agree with Jackie and Susan that you are not in the best situation right now, being dependent on your parents.  You might want to wait until you are more self-sufficient.    When the time comes, remember that confidence comes from experience.  Waiting until you are more confident, when you have no experience, you might end up doing what I did, and not coming out until you are in your 60s.  I don't recommend that.  At some point, you will have to step a bit outside your comfort zone.  That's how we make progress.   But right now might not be the time to do that.
    • Carolyn Marie
      First of all, Nolan, welcome to Trans Pulse.  I certainly empathize with your situation there; Poland and too many other European countries are getting to be terrible places to be in as an LGBT person.  I hope you can survive and thrive there, even if you have to stay more in the closet than you would like.   I don't have any experience related to what you are feeling, and what you fear.  I can't be much help.  One suggestion is that anyone you meet or want to date, please do so in a public place, like a coffee shop, where there are others around, and never go with more than one male.  Make sure someone knows who you are with and where you are going, and arrange a time to call them to tell them you're safe.  That will offer some protection.   I don't know if there are still LGBT centers in Poland, but if you can find one then maybe they can help with advice or help you find a therapist or counselor.  I wish you all the best, Nolan.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      Actual talk of sex and sex acts are beyond the things we can discuss here since we do have members under 18 years old here.  Relations to people in general are fair game to be talking about but not how you will have sex with them. None of us on staff or membership are licensed therapists, so my first thought for you is to find a therapist who is comfortable talking about both Gay Sex and Gender Dysphoria who can help work you through your anxieties, which are real. You are probably going to have to go our of Poland on the internet where you may be able to find counselors who can help you from Germany or Holland.  Short of leaving Poland I see no other avenues, so for now, let your LGBTQ issues take a back seat and work on finding a way to get into a surrounding culture where you can be accepted. Those are based on my best vibrations based on being a California USA person.
    • Dinaki
      I am glad you fancied watching Greyhound dear Susan.
    • Susan R
      I watched Greyhound too. Great flick but it seemed so much shorter than “Saving Private Ryan“. One thing I enjoyed was the sound effects/music used to create suspense. It was the same sound effect used in some of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns which I absolutely love.😘   I then watched the first two episodes of “Visible Out On Television“. It was done so well and brought back so many memories. I remember watching almost every referenced TV episode that featured a trans character growing up. I completely related to these characters although like the theme of these episodes paraphrased...these characters were good for exposure of the LGBT community in most ways but they always had to give up something in order to get on public broadcasting. Most of the time they were unrealistic or shallow as compared to the cis characters.   I recall watching Robert Reed (the Brady Bunch dad) play an MtF back in the 70’s. My family watched Medical Center regularly and remember I was riveted to the couch when this first episode came on. The very next week part two was going to air and I had something planned that evening with a friend. I remember telling myself there is NO WAY that I’m going to miss that episode. Back then you might have to wait a few years before seeing a missed episode again. I cancelled the outing with my friend and stayed home to watch it. I watched as my favorite TV dad at that time became a woman he so desired to become. I was so jealous of him/her although it had a very somber ending. Oh! the memories.😂   Susan R🌷
    • Dinaki
      I watched the film last night and it was very good. I had to buy the movie since it was available to rent, now Downton Abbey is in my library and I can watch it again later. When you buy a movie from iTunes, it comes with some extras as well.
    • Susan R
      Welcome @K-pop. I think your counselor is wise. Doing this while living in a restricted time under the roof and control to a limited extent of your parents would be pushing it. These are hard enough times and this may create a very difficult situation if things went sideways. At 26 y.o., you have a little time to get your house in order and do this on your own terms.   Glad to have you on board.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Jackie C.
      Well that's unfortunate. You had a good plan going on there. I would be careful until you're out of the house. Depending on how your parents react, you could suddenly find yourself homeless in the middle of a global pandemic. That's not an ideal situation.   You should definitely have the conversation as soon as you're ready. It just gets harder with time, but you also need to be in a situation where their rejection, if it comes to that, doesn't leave you vulnerable and scrambling for a place to stay. You need to get this off your chest, but at the same time you need to keep yourself safe.   Hugs!
    • K-pop
      Thank you everyone for the kind welcome and support!   To respond to Kathy and Jackie, I guess what I want, for the moment at least, is to become more comfortable expressing myself as female and exploring my femininity. I want to be able to be open with my family about all of this, but I have so little experience with actually seeing myself as a transwoman, let alone actually presenting myself as such, that I'm afraid I'll come across as disingenuous or that I won't be able to speak with confidence to them that this is what I really want.   Between my currently living with my parents and brother, all of whom I haven't told about this, and the covid situation, finding opportunities to explore this side of myself has been difficult to say the least. I just don't know if I would be better off waiting until after I have more confidence in myself or if I'm overcomplicating things and should just bite the bullet and have the conversation.   I had recently talked this over with my counselor, and she agreed that if I was uncomfortable with the idea, I'd be better off waiting until I felt more confident; but when had talked about it, I had plans to move out and rent a place with some friends (who I have told) at the end of the summer, so I'd have some space to myself and could, at the very least, live as a woman full time at home and maybe gain the confidence I needed to be able to tell my family. Unfortunately, my friend decided to bail a few days ago, so it looks like I won't be going anywhere for a while. So I guess right now I'm feeling both physically and metaphorically stuck and I'm not really sure what my best move is...  
  • Upcoming Events