• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Something cool

TTheta

I decided it was time for me to come out to my brother who is in the Marines. I was terrified, but I did it. I told him about it and he did his best to understand, he isn't perfect but it's more than what I can ask for from him :) He told me "It's your body, you know what you want." I was very cool of him. 

Later that night we were all sitting in the living room and he was playing with the baby and he was saying

"I love my baby sister, because she is the only one I have." 

It means so much to me gah, The little things in life make me happy

Also!

During my last therapist appointment, my therapist officially diagnosed me with Gender Dysphoria and now my parents can stop thinking that I made it up for attention :)

Things seem to be going in my favor, I know it won't last forever but I can enjoy it while it's here 

• Forum Moderator

Congrats Aidan...small steps...big impact on your life!  Good for you!

• Forum Moderator

It's good to hear - positive progress :)

Congratulations Aidan!

Tracy

I can't wait to go the the therapist and get that official diagnosis; my parents are in denial too, and it must feel so good to have a professional back up the feelings that you have had for so long. Good for you!! ?

6 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Later that night we were all sitting in the living room and he was playing with the baby and he was saying

It means so much to me gah, The little things in life make me happy

Now THAT sounds a lot better for a family member to say.  THAT is validation.  Congrats!

6 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Things seem to be going in my favor, I know it won't last forever but I can enjoy it while it's here 

Focus on the good part of this sentence!  Grab on to every win.  They are important to us.  If you think negative you will get negative.  Something someone told me a long time ago and they were right.  Be Positive!

• Forum Moderator

My brother has supported me.  I think he likes having a little sister at this point.  It means a great deal to have acceptance from family.  Tomorrow will take care of itself.....enjoy today.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Aidan,

It's so good to hear that your brother is accepting you!

Lots of love, 

Timber Wolf ?

• Forum Moderator

That's fantastic news Aidan! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm old, boring and usually in bed by nine. ?

I love that your brother is accepting as well. Hopefully, your home life will get a little easier now that you've got some allies to help drag your parents kicking-and-screaming out of the dark ages.

I'm so happy for you! Seriously, this just made my day.

Hugs!

51 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm old, boring and usually in bed by nine. ?

Gotcha beat I am in bed by 8pm.  LOL

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

That's fantastic news Aidan! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm old, boring and usually in bed by nine. ?

I love that your brother is accepting as well. Hopefully, your home life will get a little easier now that you've got some allies to help drag your parents kicking-and-screaming out of the dark ages.

I'm so happy for you! Seriously, this just made my day.

Hugs!

I think my family is around the time for a turning point :)

Also that's makes me happy that this made your day 

Thank you :))

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2019 at 11:24 PM, Aidan5 said:

So subtle, yet so powerful!  I'm so happy for you!