• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Aidan5

Under Eating?

Aidan5

For about 5 months now I find myself eating less and less, it's not that I don't like food I just stopped eating as much. It started with skipping breakfast and eating lunch and dinner, and a little later it became skipping breakfast and lunch. But I am not feeling Hungry during this time, the thought of food makes me feel like I ate to much and can't take another bite despite not eating. My dad recently noticed that I stopped taking lunches to school, my brother asked me about it but I told him I just eat at home. I don't feel worse than before, this can't be my medication because it came before I started taking it. I am pre-Everything and only bind. I don't know what this could be, if anyone knows that would be helpful to know, thank you for your time :)

Jackie C.

That's not abnormal for teenagers. Keep an eye on your weight, just in case. If you start dropping a lot of weight suddenly, then see a doctor. Otherwise, don't eat if you're not hungry. That's a good way to develop an eating disorder. Your appetite will likely come back when your body decides it wants to put on another growth spurt.

Hugs!

Aidan5

Alright thank you! I will keep an eye on my weight. 

I haven't grown since 6th grade :')

A. Dillon

Yeah, I have the same thing. For a long time I thought "well, I never want to look like an attractive girl" so I would overeat and do nothing, but I pretty recently decided to do something. I lost about 15 pounds in a couple months and now have a pretty regular routine. Over time though, I realized that I wasn't really hungry, just stopped eating breakfast and have an apple for lunch. As long as you are listening to your body, and not starving yourself, then you should be fine.

Donnie_1961

I really didn't used to think about eating much. Sometimes I'd totally forget. I'm 6' 1'' tall. Currently I tip the scales at 179 lbs.So I guess I'm doing better than I used to. It's OK to be a little fluffy. My lowest weight was 129 lbs but that was during my cross country bicycling days.  I only ate high energy bars and drank a lot of water back then.  I'd faint from the lack of calories. Regaining consciousness laying on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere is certainly a wake up call that I should take better care of myself.

My advice to you is remember to eat. Your body needs the energy for what you are going through.

Stay healthy, Kiddo.

Stay Safe. Be smart.

FB_IMG_1542016135966[1].jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 109 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • 1brokegypsy
    • Alex C
    • Willa
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Emily michelle
    • Cyndee
    • Jackie C.
    • Karen1973
    • Ms Maddie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Gmc14
    Newest Member
    Gmc14

1. Chris Gabi
      Chris Gabi
    2. Lorry
      Lorry
    • Susan R
      It’s another beautiful day today here in the Pacific Northwest. I’m having my lunchtime coffee break and getting ready to head out for my walk soon.  Not much to do around the house now.  We’ve done so many small projects around the house that we’re taking a break from changing things around for the sake of “do something” to keep busy..LOL You know you’re in isolation when you look forward to your late afternoon therapy appointment as the major highlight of your day.  Oh, the wonderful times we live in...   Hope everyone’s in good spirits today, Susan R🌷
    • Jani
      Hi Drago.  If you are still concerned this is something to discuss with your dermatologist first to get this issue addressed correctly.     From all I've heard, going on testosterone can cause acne so again, talk to your doctor before you ask to start HRT.  They may have an answer for you.   Jani 
    • drago
      Hello everyone! I have a question because I'm a little bit concerned. I've always had bad skin with acne. Last year I got an allergic reaction and I ended up with a face full of pustules and cysts. My dermatologist prescribed me Accutane. I've been on Accutane for 9 months. Now, it's 4 months after this treatment, and I have some relapses but they are still rare, small and disappear fastly. I'm 22 and I want to start hormone therapy, but I'm afraid I may experience the same horror again and don't know what I can do about that. So my question is - Has anyone else experienced such a problem?  Any information will be very helpful. Thank you!
    • Jani
      And Denise too since she was the OP.     Jani
    • Jani
      I'm sure you are feeling much better by now!!    Jani
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🦄   Happy birthday Lorry!🎂 Happy birthday Chris Gabi!🎂 Hope you have a beautiful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Jani
      When it happens you'll be thrilled.  It's amazing to hold a baby again after all those years.  They do grow fast though!
    • Carolyn Marie
      Still waiting for my first grandchild.    Carolyn Marie
    • Emily michelle
      Hmm i will have to look into that thanks Jackie.
    • kelly sinclair
      If feels different  I'm can put it into words it unsuspected . I thought  the worst  would  happen .  Hugs to all 
    • BrandiBri
      I'm happy that she's ok with it. Maybe she can go shopping and help you with your new wardrobe. I never had anyone to help me with that and now I have a mishmash of dresses and skirts that I don't dare wear out of the house.  Wishing you luck as you come out to others in your family and friends.   Hugs from my fortress, Brandi
    • Jackie C.
      Maybe not, I did all my speech work online with a therapist in California. I'm told I got good results. There's a couple other packages you can purchase online to help out.   Hugs!
    • KymmieL
      The big one I know of personally is blood clot history. Because of that I will not go on HRT through the VA. Maybe from a Doctor outside VA but they will probably not do it either. OH, Well. I am on blockers and they seem to be working.   Kymmie
    • BrandiBri
      There are gender therapists that do it online or even by phone. For me, I was hesitant to seek help, but it was the best move I made. I understand the confusion, for me, it came after I began transitioning. The thought that I wasn't a boy because I didn't think or want to act or talk like a boy, but that my body gave me away not being a girl. I identify as female, but I still sometimes wonder...  Imho, I tend to think that we are to some extent genderfluid. This goes for cisgender people as well.   Hugs, Brandi
    • Emily michelle
      Thanks kymmie. I need to find a speech therapist now but that will probably have to wait until the world opens back up.
  • Upcoming Events