• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Markjvp

Any great games out there?

Markjvp

Just asking because I like to play games especially great ones even if they’re hard because it feels super great once I finish it even if I use some things to help (mods, tricks, glitches)and I’m asking because I can’t find any I know there’s lots, ones I have that I can remember and that’s great at least for me are a hat in time, almost all the assassins’s creed games, xenoblade chronicles x, hollow knight, slime rancher, cuphead, and all devil may cry except for the 5th one these are ones I remember right now at least. Also if darksiders games and sundered are great I’m already going to play those. So is there any more great games?

Jackie C.

You're going to have to be more specific. What kind of games do you like?

Hugs!

Markjvp

That really depends on gameplay not really the kind of game it is but games that’s like Fortnite I don’t like

Jackie C.

Because of the multi-player or because of the PvP? I like a good social MMO for example, but I hate PvP environments.

Hugs!

MaryMary

I love strategy games so I will plug Transport Fever 2, Civilization 6 and Total War 3 kingdoms :D hahaha

Jackie C.

What about Stellaris? I love it, but have yet to complete a game that hasn't ended in blood and tears.

I'd plug that along with the X-Com reboot (they were both tons of fun for me), Subnautica and Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a bit older now, but I love the art style and the combat mechanics.

Probably should have asked if we're talking console or computer games.

Hugs!

Markjvp

@Jackie C. I don’t like games like fortnite because Of the pvp but I love multiplayer and thanks I’ll check those games and @MaryMary are those great games?wether they are or not I’m going to check them now. Also there is kind of a type of game I like more than others those are games that’s open world or exploration because I just feel so free but any game except for games like fortnite I’ll still play 

YharnamDreamDaddy

I personally swing between my one true game passion: horror and farming sims (gives great balance but raises a lot of eyebrows in conversations!). 

If you're into finding some old school games I recomend: Haunting Ground, Project Zero (My favourites are the 3rd, 4th and 2 installment.) or KuOn (if you like history, this is perfect, also hello fromsoft title that got too little attention!). 

For farming sims there is a neat one on steam called Verdant Skies, it allows you to play any gender and consists of a very lgbtqa+ friendly cast! Stardew Valley is also lovely for some relaxation and I've sunk more time than I'm comfortable to tell into Story of Seasons: Trio of towns. 

Happy gaming ❤️

Jackie C.

Oh, so you like open world RPGs too? Glee!

OK, you'll enjoy the hell out of Subnautica and Kingdoms of Amalur. The X-Com franchise is awesome, but it's single-player squad tactics with a story attached. I'd also recommend  Fallout 3. New Vegas and 4. We won't talk about Fallout 76. You've already probably played Skyrim.

I'm waiting for ... what was it called, Outer Limits I think? to come down a bit before I check it out.

Hugs!

Aidan5

My personal favorites are First person shooters but I really enjoyed the Dark Souls series. It was difficult but really satisfying 

Jackie C.

I've heard good things about Dark Souls, but I'm a tulip and don't like PvP. I also heard that they're pretty difficult. I don't mind that, but I won't do PvP.

Hugs!

Markjvp

Thanks and I’m again into pretty much any game I even have some on emulators and Im fine playing a console and computer and vr  and also I think I’ve heard of subnautica and well I kind of already know it but I haven’t really reaserched it much but out of the things I know about it it’s a survival game underwater but open world so most likely I’ll never play that unless someday it’s free on something

Aidan5

In Dark Souls there is usually only PvE unless you are invaded by another player, which I believe there is a way to not be invaded. To invade, or be invaded you have to select the red soap stone, but you can also get help from other players to defeat bosses using the white soap stone. 

Markjvp

Also I have heard of Skyrim but never played it 

Markjvp

Oh yea I don’t really like fornite because of the pvp but as long as the pvp is great enough (like it would have been in assassins creed but unfortunately they never put it) I’ll still play it and I’ll still play the game if there’s someone fun playing the game with me

Jackie C.

Never... played... I didn't even think that was possible. Again, older now but awesome open world RPG. Really that whole series is good, I've been playing since Arena in the... 80's? Maybe the early 90's. I remember playing it while I was working nights.

Stay away from the Elder Scrolls Online though. I beta tested that and it was hot garbage.

Hugs!

Aidan5

Highly recommend Skyrim :) 

Markjvp

Ok I’ll play skyrim someday but it might be the next game I get if it’s on steam and is there anymore great games? If you know mirrors edge I know it too and I’ve played both games and finished both but catalyst I played on someone else’s computer (I don’t really want to say their name) so I don’t have it

MaryMary
2 hours ago, Markjvp said:

@Jackie C. I don’t like games like fortnite because Of the pvp but I love multiplayer and thanks I’ll check those games and @MaryMary are those great games?wether they are or not I’m going to check them now. Also there is kind of a type of game I like more than others those are games that’s open world or exploration because I just feel so free but any game except for games like fortnite I’ll still play 

Open world? did you play Zelda Breath of the wild? it's an amazing open world game IMO. in my humble opinion it's a masterpiece of open world games. I'm personnaly a big big fan of fallout, they are good open world games I think, if you like the style.

MaryMary

the single player fallout, not fallout 76! lollll

Jackie C.
50 minutes ago, MaryMary said:

the single player fallout, not fallout 76! lollll

We do not speak of Fallout '76.

Honestly though, Bethesda did the same thing with that as they did with the Elder Scrolls Online. "Hey, let's take years of lore and excellent gameplay and squeeze it into a frustrating but generic MMO that nobody likes!" Both those games would be brilliant if they did something like Conan Exiles and set up a good game (like Fallout 4 or Skyrim) and give it a shared world option so you could play with friends.

In a modern MMO, lack of instancing or an option for solo players is just unforgivable to start with. Nobody should have to deal with 100 other players to get to level 2.

Though Fallout '76 had the "collectors edition" swag that could actually kill you IRL, so there's that.

Hugs!

Lucca

If we're talking open world western RPGs that are on PC (but that I've personally played on Switch), Skyrim is the obvious choice. It's huge, albeit somewhat clunky control-wise, and I could never quite get over how lifeless the NPCs seem. The dialogue and voice acting is fine, but the characters never change their facial expressions from neutral, no matter what they're doing or what mood they're in, and they only have a few stock poses and positions their bodies can be in.

Dragon's Dogma is very good, and I'd probably recommend it before recommending Skyrim. It's a lot smaller and the story isn't that great, but it has way better combat and more fluid control. It also has an extremely good character creator that I absolutely loved.

Witcher 3, though, is the best of the best. It's almost as large as Skyrim, but with a way better story, and cinematic cutscenes that actually show the characters emoting. You don't get to make your own character, but because of that, the character that the game gives you is a lot more fleshed out and interesting than the blank slate you normally get in this type of game.

TammyAnne

I have to confess that I like strategy games.

But I still play Diablo II Expansion. As an Amazon named Tammie of course.

TA

Markjvp

thank you everryone and @MaryMary im planning to play legend of zelda breath of the wild but i either need to somehow play it on my pc (which i think my brother knows how i can do that he played it before on his pc) or get the right console

Markjvp

is legend of zelda breath of the wild on wii u? because if it is i might be able to get it online

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now