• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A. Dillon

Bi Trans guy struggles

A. Dillon

There is a girl that I am close with and really like, and while she accepts and sees me as a guy, I am always worried about her liking me as a girl. She is bi, and I have wanted to tell her for a while now, but I can never work up the nerve because I am terrified that she might be attracted to me for my feminine feature and not my masculine ones, if she likes me at all. I have been held back for a long time because whenever I consider asking someone out, I could never get over the fact that I would have been a girl in that relationship (if that makes sense). Plus, seeing girls who have some similar features to my own makes me a little dysphoric, and adding that to my fear of just being seen as a butch lesbian makes it hard for me to be with a girl. Does anyone have any experience with this, because I definitely don't know what I am doing.

Charlize

I don't know if this is simply too trite but "nothing ventured, nothing gained."  In my experience overthinking issues and outcomes can stop any movement.  Maybe a gentle move forward with acceptance of how thing go will work out even if not perfectly

( whatever that may be)

Hugs,

Charlize

Jackie C.

That's the great thing about dating: None of us know what we're doing. Every relationship is different. Every woman is different.

Also, congratulations! Being completely stuck in your head because you're afraid of what might happen if you ask a girl out is a total guy experience. So milestone achieved!

So yeah, here's the thing: It doesn't matter. If she likes you for you, that's the beginning and the end. Assuming you get intimate at some point, there are some things she's going to have to deal with that she wouldn't with a cis-guy. There's work-arounds so no worries there. You're never going to have to deal with "Little Dillon" just not feeling it that particular evening for example. Not to mention a whole host of other performance issues that cis-guys have to deal with. I got off topic there for a minute. My point there being that mechanically, you'll be fine. There are all kinds of things you can buy to get the job done.

So back on track now. If you like the girl, ask her out. You should be up front with her about what she's getting into, but if she likes you for you, nothing else matters. I cannot tell you how many opportunities I missed out on because I was too afraid of rejection to even try. I mean honestly, what's the worst thing that could happen? She says "no" and it's weird for a little while, but you stay friends. Beyond that, who cares? What people think isn't a good reason to give up a chance for happiness.

Best of luck! I know nothing about this girl, but you seem to like her so...

Hugs!

A. Dillon

Well, I told her, and she has a boyfriend.

Jackie C.

Of course she does. Sorry sweetie. I know that one always hurts a bit.

Even so, you told a girl. You asked her out. The world didn't end. That's progress too. You learned something and next time you'll have a little more confidence. Also part of the "standard cis-guy experience."

You did good Dillon. I'm proud of you.

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Of course she does. Sorry sweetie. I know that one always hurts a bit.

Even so, you told a girl. You asked her out. The world didn't end. That's progress too. You learned something and next time you'll have a little more confidence. Also part of the "standard cis-guy experience."

You did good Dillon. I'm proud of you.

Hugs!

I fully agree and I too am proud of you.  I recall being so afraid to talk to a girl I liked being young.  Ok it was last week too. And I am married to her. 

But its still tough!

Way to go on a milestone for being a guy!

A. Dillon

Thanks for the support. She says that we can still be friends, and I am glad about that, but it is still kind of weird. I am really glad I said something though; the last 3 people I liked, I told them via text 3 months after I would never see them again

Jackie C.

That's part of it too. It'll be weird for up to a month. That'll slowly fade as you go back to just being friends together. You earned the "I have a boyfriend," badge. Wear it proudly. It's part of growing up as a guy.

Hugs!

Spencer

Something interesting to add- we're drawn to the people we like because they have qualities that we want within ourselves. It's not the person that's special. It's her qualities. Qualities that you, too, can gain. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• J.Ryan
    • Debra Michelle
    • MaryMary
    • ToniTone
    • A. Dillon
    • Astrid
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Destiny444
    Newest Member
    Destiny444

1. Emmacd
      Emmacd
      (43 years old)
    2. Fish(i just want answers)
      Fish(i just want answers)
    3. Rainford
      Rainford
    • Astrid
      Waving to you, Ivy!  Good to see another non-binary person join us!  We're all here for each other.   Best wishes on the journey ahead,   Astrid
    • Astrid
      I began HRT on Dec 4th, 2019, less than 3 months ago.  Everyone's timetable will vary.   Mine certainly did:  breast soreness began at 3 weeks, breast buds formed at 4 weeks, and tissue growth began in earnest.  I understand why my doctor said that growth usually doesn't begin until 3 to 6 months in (because that's the average response she sees in her patients).  As I've remarked elsewhere in other posts, I've actually reduced my patch size/daily dose to slow growth down, as I'm non-binary and don't have significant breast growth as a goal.  I'm a living experiment in whether, for me, I can continue with microdosing.  The coming 6 months or so will tell, I think.   Body hair (for example, on legs) is now smoother.  Chest hair isn't, because I'm at the stage where electrolysis has removed almost all of it 😊.   Since an initial flurry of questions (via the health portal for my HRT facility), I've personally found a less stressful approach for me is to chill a bit and not be super-anxious about every small little thing I might notice.  It will happen when it happens, if it happens.  I'm just happy that estradiol really IS addressing my dysphoria -- I now have positive developments that I can dwell on, even small ones, and that's a good thing!  And, yes, I cherish being more emotional, too!   Astrid
    • ToniTone
      Welcome Ivy! This forum is a very supportive place with lots of friendly people. Glad you are here with us 💕   ~Toni
    • Charlize
      Welcome Ivy. My time here certainly has helped me live as and accept myself. Hope you find the same!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MaryMary
      I spent a lot of time learning to talk with a deep voice and a lot of time learning to "retalk" with a higher voice, lol This puberphonia thing earned me a lot of abuse, lol
    • Charlize
      I have never heard of that.  Interesting for sure.  Perhaps wiki should add another possible cause?  I remember when my voice was going through change.  I hated that time.  I've only spoken to one voice "expert" and she notes that my voice fits well into the female spectrum for someone who spent years smoking.  That's me, unfortunately.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • TammyAnne
      The VA adheres to the most current WPATH standards. If you go to a VA healthcare facility you can either contact the LGBT facilitator directly, or go to Primary Care Mental Health and ask to be referred to a Gender Therapist. They are caring, professional and discreet. There are some limits to what can be covered, cosmetic procedures are not covered, but counseling, HRT and all associated care including medications, endocrinology, etc. are all covered. I am a VA client and was actually referred to this website by my VA gender therapist. TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hi and welcome Ivy. Glad you're here. TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hi Dearheart, I'm northeast of you in Searcy County. Arkansas can be such a mixed bag, mostly people tend to live and let live. Like you I am non-binary (well really gender nonconforming tending towards feminine). While I would love to present as totally female, for me it is a bridge too far. However, as Jani suggested, I wouldn't be too concerned about your size or bone structure. I've met some farm girls who could easily crush me and I'm not little. As to voice, that too is a spectrum. Mae West had a very husky voice. No one ever presumed she was male. I am proud of you, glad you found us, and hope things continue to go smoothly with your classroom. TA
    • MaryMary
      I discovered something tonight... what I had when I was a teenager actually has a name! After the word transgender I discovered at like 31, at 38 I discover this. I was laughing when reading the potential causes :   Emotional stress[12] Resistance to pubertal changes[3]   lol... in other word... gender dysphoria 🤣 I'm happy to know this because I always struggled describing it and explaining when I had to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberphonia
    • Taylor
      Thanks for the responses so far. I realize it will take some time. More curious than anything, about people who may have experienced thing rather early on or later than usual.     It hasn't quite been a week yet, and some of it might be in my head, but over the weekend I did have a rather short tingling-itch in my chest. I also felt like my skin may have been a bit softer after my last shave, but it may have just been a closer shave that made it feel smoother.       Yeah. I know age can be a big factor. I'm glad I'm able to start transitioning now, at 25, than it being much later. Of course there is the part of me that wishes I would've realized things earlier in life, but it's not really productive to dwell on the past like that. (I would assume plenty of people here feel similarly about coming out, transitioning, etc.). Personally hips aren't really a big concern, a little shape would be nice... but not a big deal. I am kind of looking forward to the emotional stuff though, though I feel a bit weird for that.   Hope you do you your visit from the boob fairy though, Jackie.
    • Suzanne1
      OOPs, sorry; the main title is Woman's Evolution, what's I wrote above is the subtitle.  Sorry, it's been awhile.   Best wishes to the new member.
    • Jani
      OK.  I would suggest if you want to be looked at as female then I might suggest you are not non-binary.  Something to talk with your therapist some more.   You can be transgender and not want or need GCS.  It's all a personal choice.  As to never being properly MtF,  never say never!      Don't worry about bone structure as there are lots of larger women, just as there are lots of men.  Your size could be to your advantage, from several larger women I know.  You can work on your voice to bring it into a higher range but also focus on inflection and cadence when you speak.  IMO this is more important than tone.   Work on making yourself happy, not others.  You're the one who matters.    Cheers, Jani   
    • Suzanne1
      Interesting observation.    Don't know if this is still in print, but this was an interesting book:  From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchical Society (by Evelyn Reed, I think). I  had the experience of hearing her speak once.    Certainly the book's a feminist treatment of the subject, which can be something of a stumbling block for lots of TG's.
    • Dearhart
      I'm looking into that, now, too. From what I know so far, the state law only cares whether I get bottom surgery in regards to changing the sex marker on documents like birth certificate and social security card.    Oh, I'm sure they know something is going on, but aren't bothered enough to either say or do anything regarding it.  Also, I only really say non-binary as a kind of placeholder until I figure the ideas and definitions out better. I know I'd like to pass publicly as female, but I have no intention of getting bottom surgery. That's just way too expensive and I've never really associated those parts with my gender identity.  Honestly, the biggest thing I see preventing me from presenting more traditionally feminine is my voice and bone structure. My current vocal range has my lowest  notes flirting with the mid-low end of Bass, but I can belt out a low baritone like Tennessee Ernie Ford or whoever sang "Through Heaven's Eyes" in the Prince of Egypt movie. And my bone structure is largely unknown due to lifelong obesity, but I feel really self-conscious about what I perceive as a forehead large enough to make Kelsey Grammar's look dainty. I know it isn't, but it still feels like that.  I may never be "properly" MtF, because I do like mixing things up, but hearing Tony the Tiger's voice coming from someone who's trying to present as feminine may be problematic. Hopefully, though, that'll just end up as more of the "people just don't care as much as I think they do" that I'm still coming to grips with.  
  • Upcoming Events