• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Claire 1960

Think I maybe transgender

Claire 1960

Hello people    I am nearly 60 and lived my life as a Male. However when I was about 9 used to sneak  in my mothers room a and try on some of the cloths. When puberty came i felt i wanted to be a girl. I got married but the feelings just got suppressed. I got divorced in 2011. I met my new partner in 2010 and 3 months ago told I wanted to be  a woman.  She has supported me totally

Jackie C.

Salutations Claire!

Welcome to the community! I hope we can help you find what you're looking for. Poke around and feel free to ask questions. We're only here to help.

Hugs!

Claire 1960

Sadly I will only be  closet  my family would not approve     I want to be a woman so much but sadly it will never happen 

Jackie C.

That's unfortunate. The closet is warm and safe, but it's also dark, and there are spiders.

Still, never say never. There's always hope and the light at the end of the tunnel isn't always a train. Your partner is supportive, and that's huge! Take comfort in that.

Hugs!

Susan R
40 minutes ago, Claire 1960 said:

Sadly I will only be  closet  my family would not approve     I want to be a woman so much but sadly it will never happen 

Welcome to our community Claire. It’s nice to have you but it’s difficult to read about the suppression you’ve put on yourself all these years.  I took a chance of losing everything including my wife and family when I finally decided to live my life to its fullest.  I suppressed it for 22 years before deciding to refocus.  It was worth it for me.  Before you close yourself off completely, why not take yourself and your partner to a counselor with a gender focus if at all possible.  This may give you a completely different perspective.  You could be missing out on a wonderful journey with them. Remember, it’s your life to live...no one else’s.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

ShawnaLeigh
45 minutes ago, Claire 1960 said:

I thought the same thing.  Everyone I have told has been accepting and supportive.  Except my mother.  My wife (mostly) siblings kids work everyone.  
This includes 4 of the biggest toughest long beard lumberjack looking male friends of mine.  Which frankly blew me away.  
You will never know for sure until to tell them.  If they reject you then you pretty much know how much they cared in the first place.  You don’t need false friends and love.  

Claire 1960

Thank you Jackie C  hugs back x

Jani

Welcome Claire.  Despite limited ability to come out to all you, are free to speak here.  Please join in the conversation.  

Cheers, Jani

Claire 1960

Thank you Jani     I just want to be a woman   x

Jani

Well, you are.  You just can't let others see the fullness of your presence.   

Timber Wolf

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug, 

Timber Wolf 🐾

Charlize

Welcome Claire.  Like you i simply wanted to be a woman. I was 63 when i went full time.My family certainly wasn't happy but i am and they have grown to accept.

Hugs,

Charlize

Claire 1960

Thank you ladies   Hugs

Claire 1960

I work all day as a Male    I come home now and dress full time as a woman   my partner has allowed this

Belle

I'm glad you have such wonderful support Claire!

Belle ❤

Claire 1960

Love wearing my skirts and dresses    just wish I could do that outside    sadly will never happen 

Jackie C.

That's not ALL bad. I have a lovely, white peasant skirt that I fear for whenever I wear it outside. It's light and breezy, but the white always makes me nervous. I know SOMETHING is going to stain it forever. The only solution is constant vigilance. That wears on you after a while.

Hugs!

Sally Stone

Welcome Claire.

20 hours ago, Claire 1960 said:

Love wearing my skirts and dresses    just wish I could do that outside    sadly will never happen 

You might be surprised to know that even when a certain part of your life is closeted, there are opportunities to express your feminine side outside with the rest of the world.  I have made it work for a long time, Claire, it just takes planning and a smart approach to presenting in public.  Attending a trans conference can be a perfect opportunity to spread your feminine wings. It does sound as though you are getting to express yourself at home, and clearly that is safer.

Hugs,

Sally

Claire 1960

Thank you Sally   hugs

Claire 1960

Just a bit of info   I'm from England

Sandra6sandy9sand

Hi Claire, I’m 75 years old and have been coming out for a very long time. My wife is somewhat tolerant to my feminine side. I wear panties and bra everyday; I shave my body; sit to pee and wear woman’s cloths as much as I can.  All of this helps me reveal my feminine side. A lot of woman’s cloths pass for men’s. 

I’m trans feminine and have no plans to begin HRT or to have surgery. I fear loosing my family and wife.  Right now I’m happy the way I am.  Good luck and take life one step at a time.

Hugs

Sandr