• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello, everyone

KathyLauren

• Forum Moderator

Hi.  I have just joined.

I am a 65 year old trans woman.  I always wondered if I might be trans, but I always managed to talk myself out of it.  Until five years ago. 

I came out first to my wife.  That was a difficult conversation to initiate - it took me six months to get up the nerve - but it went well.  She has stayed with me and supported me through my transition.

I started HRT three years ago, and went full-time, a few months later.  The last couple of years, I have been on waiting lists for GRS.  It's coming down to the wire now: I am scheduled for surgery on March 11th.

My experience has been all good.  My neighbours, the other members of the volunteer fire department, and strangers are all willing to accept me as the woman that I am. 

I am retired, which certainly simplified the experience of coming out.  My main hobby is astrophotography: taking pictures of stars and galaxies.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Kathy, you are among friends here :) Having a supportive wife is such a plus, very happy for you !

March 11 will be here before you know it !! 

Hugs

Cynthia 

• Forum Moderator

Greetings Kathy!  Welcome.  I think you'll find this to be a warm and friendly group to converse with.  Please join in!

Cheers, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to the community KathyLauren! Happy to meet you.

I had a similar experience with my spouse. That was a very difficult conversation to initiate, but our relationship has been so much closer since. Of everyone in my life, she was the person I most wanted to be authentic with. She finally got to meet the "real me" in 2018 and we're still very much in love. Once you have that, everything else is secondary. There is no challenge I cannot surmount if my spouse has my back.

I had... closer to 95% acceptance. I've got one family member who isn't accepting, but for the most part the rest of my friends and family have been great. From listening to other people's stories here, I imagine it depends a lot on your community. Fortunately, I live in a good one.

So yeah, feel free to look around and ask questions, that's what we're here for.

Hugs!

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Kathy!  I'm glad you found us.  Congrats on the success you've had on your journey to womanhood, especially the fact that your marriage will continue on and your wife is supportive.  That is not as common as we all would like to see.  I share a love of the stars and space, and have a pretty nice telescope, too, although I don't take it out much lately.  It's a great hobby.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I came out first to my wife.  That was a difficult conversation to initiate - it took me six months to get up the nerve - but it went well.  She has stayed with me and supported me through my transition.

Welcome Kathy, nice to have you in our community!  I had an nearly identical experience at that stage and the outcome was the same.  It has created an even stronger bond in our marriage and I’m sure you’ve experienced something similar.  The  reception to my coming out to family was and still is mixed after the dust settled.  I’m glad yours was much more accepting.  Also, congratulations on the upcoming GRS surgery.  This is wonderful and exciting news.  My wife and I have recently agreed that I will be having the surgery with an appt. scheduled in two weeks to discuss it with my Dr.  I bet you’re having so many emotions regarding your GRS.  I know I am and it’s, at minimum, a year or so off.  Thanks for sharing some of yourself with us here.  I look forward to reading more.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Welcome to the forum Kathy! We welcome you with open arms and minds. I hope you find the same comfort I did here! :) 

• Forum Moderator

Hi KathyLauren,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Interesting hobby. I used to have a telescope.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug, 

Timber Wolf ?

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear.   I'm glad you have joined us here.

Hugs,

Charlize