• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Lil bit of advice needed hehe

TTheta

I was wondering if it would be too cheesy to go to the aquarium for a first date? 

Sometime this week I want to ask him (The guy who has respected me as a man since the very moment we met, and has probably been the most supportive friend I have had at school.) We are really close and I feel like I could tell him anything, he is always dropping hints on the possibility that he might like me.I have already decided that I like him and I am going to take my chances, he talked about liking sea animals, and I love the ocean so I thought it would be pretty cool to take him to the aquarium. Since he is still somewhat new to the area he hasn't gone yet, from what he has told me. If this goes well I might actually have a valentine for the first time haha.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

I was wondering if it would be too cheesy to go to the aquarium for a first date? 

Sounds like a great first date.  Dining on the first date is nice as you have each other to focus on but if you don’t  know the person then it can feel sort of like an interview getting to know the other person.  Having something else as the focus is great to alleviate any awkward silences during your time together.  The worst first date IMHO is going to a movie where you’re both passive observers with little or no communication until after it’s over.

I think the aquarium idea is good.  If the date is into it, why not?

Good Luck,

Susan R?

Aiden, that sounds like a good outing. Zoos are good to.

Be aware that the penguins smell awful, and it's a smell that you continue to smell the whole time (unlike many things that stink but olfactory fatigue sets in so it doesn't smell so bad).

I think most aquariums with dolphins or killer whales do a lot of splashing the audience, so I don't how you feel about that. Could be fun.

I think since it seems there is an interest there that it would be a really great idea!  My adult friends and I took my adult friend to one for her birthday once because she had never gone before and it was absolutely the most fun we have ever had.  I think you see things from a different perspective as you get older and aquariums are a great place to recapture some of the fun and innocence of childhood. Also someone who has always been supportive and willing to listen is probably the kind of person who would enjoy doing something more unique. And you can always get a plushy from the gift shop to snuggle. 

I hope all works out for you! 

• Forum Moderator

That sounds like fun! The first place my spouse and I went together was the beach... well, technically it was the garage, but that was a "two friends" thing and where I asked her out. I think he'd really enjoy it, especially since he dropped hints. Also, he constantly wants to hold your hand. In my experience, that's not what you get from a guy who isn't in to you.

The two of you sound so cute together! I hope everything works out just how you hope!

Hugs!