• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Aidan5

Lil bit of advice needed hehe

Aidan5

I was wondering if it would be too cheesy to go to the aquarium for a first date? 

Sometime this week I want to ask him (The guy who has respected me as a man since the very moment we met, and has probably been the most supportive friend I have had at school.) We are really close and I feel like I could tell him anything, he is always dropping hints on the possibility that he might like me.I have already decided that I like him and I am going to take my chances, he talked about liking sea animals, and I love the ocean so I thought it would be pretty cool to take him to the aquarium. Since he is still somewhat new to the area he hasn't gone yet, from what he has told me. If this goes well I might actually have a valentine for the first time haha.

Susan R
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

I was wondering if it would be too cheesy to go to the aquarium for a first date? 

Sounds like a great first date.  Dining on the first date is nice as you have each other to focus on but if you don’t  know the person then it can feel sort of like an interview getting to know the other person.  Having something else as the focus is great to alleviate any awkward silences during your time together.  The worst first date IMHO is going to a movie where you’re both passive observers with little or no communication until after it’s over.

I think the aquarium idea is good.  If the date is into it, why not?

Good Luck,

Susan R🌷

TammyAnne

Aiden, that sounds like a good outing. Zoos are good to.

Be aware that the penguins smell awful, and it's a smell that you continue to smell the whole time (unlike many things that stink but olfactory fatigue sets in so it doesn't smell so bad).

I think most aquariums with dolphins or killer whales do a lot of splashing the audience, so I don't how you feel about that. Could be fun.

Tristantulaine

I think since it seems there is an interest there that it would be a really great idea!  My adult friends and I took my adult friend to one for her birthday once because she had never gone before and it was absolutely the most fun we have ever had.  I think you see things from a different perspective as you get older and aquariums are a great place to recapture some of the fun and innocence of childhood. Also someone who has always been supportive and willing to listen is probably the kind of person who would enjoy doing something more unique. And you can always get a plushy from the gift shop to snuggle. 

I hope all works out for you! 

Jackie C.

That sounds like fun! The first place my spouse and I went together was the beach... well, technically it was the garage, but that was a "two friends" thing and where I asked her out. I think he'd really enjoy it, especially since he dropped hints. Also, he constantly wants to hold your hand. In my experience, that's not what you get from a guy who isn't in to you.

The two of you sound so cute together! I hope everything works out just how you hope!

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh

I give it 👍👍

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 181 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
    • A. Dillon
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • KathyLauren
    • Jackie C.
    • Cyndee
    • VickySGV
    • Petra Jane
    • MaryMary
    • Ms Maddie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mike P
    Newest Member
    Mike P

1. Carolyn Marie
      Carolyn Marie
      (66 years old)
    2. Makayla2019
      Makayla2019
    3. SteamGirlEva
      SteamGirlEva
      (30 years old)
    • Jackie C.
      Neat! Technically, my first Doctor was Pertwee (Spiders of Mars), but Baker is the Doctor I imprinted on.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Just because your day to day look is much the same, it doesn't mean that you still can't dress up for special occasions. My "uniform" most days is jeans and a t-shirt. The same as it's been since high school. Back in the stone age. When giant lizards walked the Earth, cell phones were about the size of a briefcase and computers ran on punch cards.   OK, PC's were starting to become a thing, but seriously, 5K of RAM.   Anyway, it's kind of expected for women to wear different outfits depending on the circumstance. I wouldn't wear jeans and a t-shirt to a funeral... well, not anymore. I'd add some accents and wear something nice. Maybe one of my pairs of uncomfortable shoes. A nice top with either a skirt or some pants.   In any case, Shawna's right. A big part of this journey is discovering what kind of woman you want to be. There are a lot of options. So many more choices than men get. You need to explore a bit. Nobody gets to figure out who they are right out of the box. Once you explain that to your wife, I'm sure she'll understand. After all, this is a learning experience for you too.   Hugs!
    • A. Dillon
      My dad was in the navy working with submarine's nuclear reactor, stationed in Honolulu, for 4 years. Thank you for your service, and welcome to out community!
    • Jackie C.
      I am SO tired of the hot flashes. They didn't start until I'd been off HRT for about two weeks preparing for my bottom surgery. They're mostly at night but I sweat through EVERYTHING. I've been back on my regular dose for a week or so now, but it can take up to two months for hormone levels to normalize so...   At least my sweat doesn't have the smell it did before I started transitioning. If I was living in a cloud of the musky stuff, I'd probably die. At least I'd shower and do the laundry more.   Hugs!
    • Cyndee
      @KathyLauren gotta love it when that happens    @Donnie_1961 wonderful pictures Donnie, thanks for sharing    Rain here today, what else is new ? Coffee tastes great though.   Have a lovely day all   C
    • ShawnaLeigh
      OMG women you are gorgeous! No wonder you are so confident. Very nice smile.  
    • KathyLauren
      We had to take the hound to the vet to have a growth on her tail removed.  Since she had to be there early, we had breakfast out.  Strawberry waffles, Mmm!   Since we were in town anyway, I went to the government office to get new license plates for the car.  They lent me a screwdriver to remove the old ones, but it didn't fit the bolts.  A nice young man in the next parking stall got out a wrench and removed them for me.  He was still there when I came out with the new plates, so he helped again with his wrench.   I don't mind a bit when men are chivalrous.   Regards, Kathy
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I have struggled with this myself when first coming out to my wife.  I had no clear answers and the "time line" questions that kept coming up I answered based on generic time frames for certain physical changes due to HRT.  I had no real idea what my time lines were or even are right now as my body and mind continue to change week by week.  But I threw out answers before I was clear on what the true answers were to try and defuse the situation back then and give her something to chew on.      I had to explain this again just last weekend because she threw it in my face that I was saying a year or two until I would feel comfortable presenting full female and 6 months into it I am saying now is a good time.  I truly did not think I would be ready or had the right mind set to do so this quickly but I can not be blamed for how my transition is effecting me.   Try to think of it this way. Yes you knew something was going on with you for a very long time, years even, but you clearly did not know "exactly" what it was and your journey begins with discovery of certain things dealing with transition.  That's after you have accepted there is something going on and its real.   Explain that any time lines or feelings from a few months ago may not apply now because you are changing both physically and mentally.  Again you have no idea how fast or slow these changes can occur Try to set it up as "I will tell you as changes and mind set changes happen asap and keep you informed as best I can." I mean you can not expect to explain everything up front and answer questions when you don't know what it all is yet.   I understand you want things to go smoothly and with as little drama and stress but you are learning so give yourself time too.
    • Willow
      Good morning everyone    had two cups of black dark roast this morning.   @Donnie_1961 those are wonderful pictures you posted. Very natural.   my stress level is rather high right now.  And when my stress level gets this high I tend to freeze.  No, not cold temperature but unable to do the things I need to do.  I’m in the middle of a project at home and I just can’t get going on the next step.     Stress also makes my dysphoria worse.  This much stress over whelms my anti depression meds, but even if I could take an extra, it takes a week to make a difference and usually by then I’m naturally better.  I just have to find a way to push through this.    Willow
    • KymmieL
      Good Friday morning everyone. Well my Friday anyway. Actually slept good last night only had to get up once to pee. I wore sleep pants and seemed to help keep me warm. vs what I usually wear which is very little. Then again We didn't have a cold wind pounding on the bedroom wall all night.   Now I know the reason I hate closing. It can be boring. which it was last night. Got most of the closing done early then nothing.   Everyone stay warm as normal.   Kymmie
    • Aidan5
      Welcome to the forum!   I think it's awesome that you are here and my dad is also a navy chief!! I find it really cool. 
    • TammyAnne
      Good morning everyone! Beautiful sunrise this morning, coffee is finished and I'm feeling energetic. Well, a little anyway. Been sleeping well the past few nights. But also having interesting dreams in which I go in for Orchidectomy surgery. One dream had me having three testicles to remove! I'm about to get my day started, so let me wish you all well! TA
    • TammyAnne
      Aloha chief! Welcome to our little ohana! TA
    • Charlize
      As an old Tom Baker fan i couldn't help but share this.  What fun!  Maybe a long pink, white and baby blue scarf?   https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/02/23/doctor-who-rebecca-root-first-transgender-companion-boy-meets-girl/?fbclid=IwAR31VTt3aSUTETpbz2AmIojGk3Kf4M4XXgCwOS9dH1svrMc5Es4cPKl859c   Hugs,   Charlize    
    • secondlook
      I have a new problem now. When I came out to my wife, I had only been aware of my true self for a couple of weeks. My thoughts up until coming out had been dominated by how I would explain it to her, how I could be sensitive and understanding and try to soften the blow as best I could. That meant that I hadn't done a lot of thinking about how I wanted to explore becoming the real me going forward.   So when she started asking me questions, I didn't have a lot of great answers, and now it seems that something I said that I thought was true at the time is now not entirely true. I told her that my need to become a woman physically wasn't about cross-dressing, that I had never cross-dressed and that I wasn't thinking about it in the future. I told her I could envision myself wearing largely the same kinds of outfits that I do now, jeans and button-down shirts.   But now as I research and come to grips with the fact that any kind of physical transformation is years in the future, no matter how well I deal with the obstacles in front of me, the idea of seeing how feminine I can make myself with my current body becomes more and more appealing. I'm reading fashion articles with interest for the first time in my life. I've got a number of feminine pieces of clothing and accessories sitting in my Amazon shopping cart.   I worry that disclosing this reversal, so soon after the shock of my coming out, will undermine the remarkable emotional progress that she has made up to now. But as long as I keep it quiet, I'm being deceptive again. This is the catch-22: my exploration of this new side of myself seems to be happening faster than she can emotionally process it, leaving me in the position of having to choose between damaging revelations or merciful deception. These seem like equally bad options. 
  • Upcoming Events