• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Packing

Guest Sergei

I was just wondering how many transmen actually pack? For me, I find it a really important part of my identity. It's not like anybody even knows if you do it or not, but I do it just for me. Even at night time when I'm sleeping. Crazy I know. I am curious to know if it's just me, or if you other guys find it as important as I do???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zufrieden

• Flint

I was just wondering how many transmen actually pack? For me, I find it a really important part of my identity. It's not like anybody even knows if you do it or not, but I do it just for me. Even at night time when I'm sleeping. Crazy I know. I am curious to know if it's just me, or if you other guys find it as important as I do???

i think its incredibly important as well. If I could find the perfectly comfortable pair of underwear to hold it in I'd wear him always =)

I pack as often as I can. Its vital for me on some days (especially if something has gotten me too close to unwanted fem stuff). I wish the act itself could more natural feeling...sometimes the harness feels real contraption like....and tho the right pair of underwear is more comfy than the harness....nothing quite gets u feeling like 99%.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I want to get a more functional packer, i.e. one that looks more like a biological boy thing, but still works for urinating standing up and stuff. Few and far between they are, unfortunately...

Packing is definitely something that makes me feel better though. I have "phantom boy thing" sensations often and packing seems to help reconcile those feelings with my head... but it's still not the same as a real one and sometimes I angst over not actually HAVING one, per se.

I too pack at night. Sometimes I pack when I go out, but I couldn't agree more that it doesn't feel a part of me like the real thing. I just get so angry lately that I don't have a real boy thing down there. I really wish it would just come out, and I have a strong desire for the surgery, but not enough income for something like that. I did order one from mangoproducts and I am still anxiously awaiting.

I want to get a more functional packer, i.e. one that looks more like a biological boy thing, but still works for urinating standing up and stuff. Few and far between they are, unfortunately...

Packing is definitely something that makes me feel better though. I have "phantom boy thing" sensations often and packing seems to help reconcile those feelings with my head... but it's still not the same as a real one and sometimes I angst over not actually HAVING one, per se.

Guest Sergei

Ok, now another question about packing. So those of you who pack, when you first began doing it, did you find it self explanatory how to do it???

Maybe I'm just a bit naive but when I first got my packer I was confused. I didn't actually understand how it fitted into underwear such as briefs. So I actually asked a biomale friend of mine who explained about how you pick a side it feels most comfortable and kind of tuck it up to that side. He laughed at the thought of me thinking you wore it hanging straight down. Am I the only person who was confused at first??? Also does anybody else pack, and wear underwear other than briefs? For example boxers? I would still actually be confused as to how to wear it in them, and make it look natural.??? Any thoughts guys????

Guest GoldenKirbichu
Ok, now another question about packing. So those of you who pack, when you first began doing it, did you find it self explanatory how to do it???

Maybe I'm just a bit naive but when I first got my packer I was confused. I didn't actually understand how it fitted into underwear such as briefs. So I actually asked a biomale friend of mine who explained about how you pick a side it feels most comfortable and kind of tuck it up to that side. He laughed at the thought of me thinking you wore it hanging straight down. Am I the only person who was confused at first??? Also does anybody else pack, and wear underwear other than briefs? For example boxers? I would still actually be confused as to how to wear it in them, and make it look natural.??? Any thoughts guys????

Well, since I had always been highly interested in male anatomy (because I wanted to have it) I would pay close attention to how other biomales with their bodies and ask them blunt questions about it. (They were most helpful when I explained why I was asking.) The main reason most guys don't have it hanging straight down in briefs is because it usually puts uncomfortable pressure on most of the regions of the shaft and glans and it tends to be easier to wear it hanging to the side instead. That's what a tailor asks if he asks whether you dress "left" or "right" - it refers to the direction you tuck the glans in. Also, left handed males tend to tuck it to the right while right handed males tend to do the opposite. I would expect that ambidextrous males wouldn't care - it probably has something to do with brain side/body side dominance issues. I have male friends, however, who don't tuck it either way in briefs and just let it hang however. I imagine those are the minority though.

So I wasn't really confused by virtue of having a lot of males explain concepts to me beforehand. And it seems logical enough, I mean you wouldn't wear something that smashed your body in an uncomfortable position WILLINGLY unless there was some reason to do it (like breast binding or tucking). But I suppose it would be confusing to us because we were never instructed on it.

I don't wear briefs, because they remind me too much of panties... but briefs are the easiest to pack in. Unfortunately boxers tend to be too loose and the packer will sometimes fall out. >_< Unless you're wearing it with a medical adhesive or a waistband to hold it in place, it will usually fall down. So briefs tend to be the way to go with packing (which sucks because I really wanted to avoid wearing any clothes that were unisex in any way). Jock straps apparently work okay but they look really uncomfortable. Stay away from little thong-type-things unless you feel like being outed really fast.

Huh? I'm confused or somebody's confused.

Haven't you ever seen a guy in a Speedo bathing suit? Haven't you ever seen an add for men's briefs in the newspaper?

With boxers everything dangles. With briefs the direction is up, the same direction it would go when rigid.

Consider how a dog would look if you pulled a pair of briefs on it.

Historically (maybe Victorian times) they used to go downward, left or right.

And then there's always the eponymous "Prince Albert" which anecdoctally was used by P.A. to maintain downward position in his trousers.

MTF's who want to "tuck" pull it down and backwards, sometimes quite forcibly. If it was to try to become rigid it would be really uncomfortable.

Z.

Guest Sophie Jean

Haven't you ever seen a guy in a Speedo bathing suit? Haven't you ever seen an add for men's briefs in the newspaper?

With boxers everything dangles. With briefs the direction is up, the same direction it would go when rigid.

Consider how a dog would look if you pulled a pair of briefs on it.

Historically (maybe Victorian times) they used to go downward, left or right.

And then there's always the eponymous "Prince Albert" which anecdoctally was used by P.A. to maintain downward position in his trousers.

MTF's who want to "tuck" pull it down and backwards, sometimes quite forcibly. If it was to try to become rigid it would be really uncomfortable.

Z.

Okay, maybe I was weird or something; because my man-thing has almost always been in a flaccid and scrunched up state, where it just lays downward against sack. In the advent I were to feel a little excitement, the pressure of the shorts holds it downward, forcing it to travel rather embarrassingly down a pant leg. :blush:

- Sophie Jean

Guest Sergei

I don't think it's necessarily that obvious. Me and my biomale friend went shopping for underwear (yes, everybody laughed at us for doing this activity together, especially his girlfriend), and I picked up a packet of briefs and looked at the picture on the front of the guy modelling them. I couldn't tell wear his boy thing was, left or right. I would imagine it wasn't hanging straight down, unless it was really small. I asked my friend, and he couldn't tell either, and he's defiantly more of an expert in these matters than me.

You must remeber that until I started packing I was extremely unknowledgeable in this area. All my male friends have penises, and all of my female friends (well the straight ones) have, or have had boyfriends with penises. Everybody seemed to have more idea about how these things work than me.

I am now sooooo confused... I have always worn mine down laying against "the boys"... I can't even imagine this left or right tuck, tuck it where? Do guys only tuck it somewhere in briefs.

Can a biomale please explain this? Like how stuff works in each type of underwear... I prefer boxer briefs, spandex like ones to hold my guy in the right place(cause I refuse to wear brief type things those are female underwear to me.) But I'd still be interested to know for boxers, briefs, and boxer briefs how you're supposed to wear it...

Guest Sergei

I couldn't imagine wearing it in briefs hanging straight down. It would be too big for that. I would also think this would look too big under clothes?? I generally tuck it up to the right, and leave the testicles hanging down in the centre. Bio-males have told me this is how it's done. All of my friends tend to wear briefs, so in other underwear I'm not sure. I prefer it in briefs, because then you don't have to use a harness, which I find uncomfortable. I have also been told that "bigger" men tend to wear briefs because they are more supportive, there is defiantly nothing feminine about them. Unless this is just my male friends boasting. :P

Guest Lethalia

Hey there. OwUB? IBOK.

Having been with a few men (okay, maybe more than a few), I've seen a variety of things and have spoken to them about it too. Here's what I've discovered…

Basically, a male wears it any way that is most comfortable. There doesn't seem to be any rules or customs on the matter. Then that male grows accustom to wearing it one particular way or another. I have heard many males complain about erections because suddenly everything needs to be adjusted… which in public, can be a quite embarrassing.

The matter does not seem to be quite as important with boxers as with briefs. One basically has two choices: left or right. Because it is normally in a flaccid state, there is not as much to hang to one side or another with boxers. And since most guys I've known tend to wear their boxers a little baggy, the whole question seems a little less important. Some guys choose which side and other don't even think about it.

Briefs, now that's another story. Guys seem to have a definite opinion on that. The choices seem to be: up, down, left, right, and center. I guess each gets his marching orders from on high pretty early in life. Gavyn mentioned about it being worn down laying against "the boys". I have found this to be quite common. And during the doomed disco era, I knew quite a few biomale guys who packed to "attract the ladies". Remember, we are talking about something that is normally in a flaccid state. And that size varies from guy to guy… which has little to do with the size of it in the rigid state. Having said all that, each guy seems to have a decided preference as to the direction he wears it in his briefs. GoldenKirbichu mentioned handedness in relation to the direction it is worn. I did notice the same thing way back when. So I asked. It appeared they hadn't made a connection themselves… they just liked what they liked and thought other guys were a little odd for doing it any other way. Funny. Sophie Jean mentioned about it traveling down the pants leg. I have been with many a guy who found himself in the embarrassing spot of having it go stiff and travel down his pants leg in public. And the cause didn't have to sexually related at all. All in all, when it comes to briefs, guys seem to have a definite option on the matter… and there doesn't appear to be a standard direction. Every guy seems to think his way is the best.

In Speedo bathing suits, up or down seems most common as wearing it to the side might be a little too showy. But I haven't known too many guys who wore Speedos. So… I don't know.

As I understand it, jock straps are not uncomfortable. But I have never worn one so I really don't know. The waistband looked as though it would drive me crazy. I have seen guys wearing them though and they are not like thongs. They have the wide waistband, the cup, and a strap on each side that goes from the bottom of the cup up to the sides of the waistband… one on each side. There is nothing in the middle of the backside. The ones I have seen came with a roughly triangular, hard plastic, protective guard that slipped in and out of a pocket in the cup. Questioning guys about its purpose only got me the replies like, "To keep your cherries from getting knocked off!" and "Gotta protect the family jewels!", always as if the answer was obvious. There was clearly some kind of Duh factor going on there I just wasn't getting. I mean, I got it… but I didn't. I have no idea how well such a thing would work for packing purposes.

Finally, there have been those guys that didn't wear any underwear at all (mostly with jeans). Not as common, but I've seen it. I would treat this as boxers but with a definite preference as to which side. Interestingly, I've encountered this (along with briefs) mostly with the old school, drugs, sex, rock and roll, rock musician, types… and the Mother Nature hippie types.

Me? I have tucked (severely) all my life. There, I said it. In my day, MTF TS girls did not reveal such things about themselves (having to do with "it" at all) unless they were talking to a very close MTF TS friend. And even then… a friend today, could be an enemy tomorrow. That was our world. My how times have changed… very much for the better.

Personally, I would say be like any other guy and choose that which you prefer. And like most guys, be of the opinion that guys that do it differently are, well, a little odd in that department. Men are wonderfully funny creatures. OXO.

Reporting to you live, I'm…

Isabella Lethalia Innocenzi

Guest GoldenKirbichu
I have also been told that "bigger" men tend to wear briefs because they are more supportive, there is defiantly nothing feminine about them. Unless this is just my male friends boasting. :P

XD I know, but the similarities are repulsive to me. I'm one of those really paranoid types where I think anything the LEAST bit feminine will give me away, and I also prefer the more masculine things on top... I can't even wear women's SOCKS without feeling weird, and who pays attention to socks?

And Lethalia makes a good point; it really doesn't matter too much. I doubt anyone is actually going to notice that much. Just put it in whatever feels the most comfortable... I'm probably over-analyzing it because I want to be as accurate as possible.

Guest Lethalia

Oh, by the by… I have often heard the very same conversation (like this one) between biomales on which direction to wear it. The questions, the answers… the same. It's a guys thing. I swear I am telling the truth. OXO.

Experiencing déjà vu…

Isabella Lethalia Innocenzi