• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Packing

Guest Sergei

Jeez, is this a confusing subject or what? I guess everybody (including me) presumed that they were normal.

Thanks Isabella for an informative overview.

I have never even considered wearing a jockstrap. In regular physical education today it was discretionary.

Probably today, in organized school sports like baseball, it's required, along with a "cup", the plastic insert.

This was to protect your testicles from a marauding baseball. I knew a girl who wore one for hockey.

A hockey puck there could hurt either gender, though how my friend found occasion to tell me this, I forget.

Just go to your local sports store or big box store and check out the baseball section, you'll find it there.

I have always felt this to be a really disgusting article of clothing.

Going without underwear is known in the vernacular as "going commando". See Wikipedia.

As I said, I've always worn briefs ("tightie whities" or "Y-fronts"), my orientation in this particular has always been up.

Sometimes, in days gone by, when wearing low jeans I would have an uninvited guest peeking over the waistband.

And, no, I'm completely average in that department, it's just that the pants were low.

Well all this has confused the heck out of me. I guess the only way out is SRS! :lol:

Z.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zufrieden

• Flint

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KyleMicheal
ditto any one wanna trade lol
Oh! ME! ME! PICK MEEE! XD

Anyway...

When I pack, I wear briefs. I can't stand boxers! ARGH!

I guess I'm weird. When it hangs, I direct it lower, so the head is near my...girl thing. It's usually laying in between the testicles, though it's to the right sometimes.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I have no idea what I want to get. Mostly stupefied by the variety I suppose, and I'm just generally an idiot about this sort of thing.

I don't really want to wear briefs. If I MUST, I suppose I can, but I don't really like them... however if not wearing them is a bad idea then I suppose it would be better to go with the briefs.

There are harnesses for it. But I'm so heavy. I wish I had the advice of a really heavy transman to go on but most of you guys seem to be healthy weight.

I don't really want to wear briefs. If I MUST, I suppose I can, but I don't really like them... however if not wearing them is a bad idea then I suppose it would be better to go with the briefs.

There are harnesses for it. But I'm so heavy. I wish I had the advice of a really heavy transman to go on but most of you guys seem to be healthy weight.

I really don't understand what all of you guys have against briefs??? Look at womens underwear, and then look at mens briefs, they really are completely different. Also, consider that nowdays they make womens boxer briefs, that are very fasionable, I know lots of women that wear them. So any type of underwear could be classed as feminine. In my opinion, if there i room for a boy thing then it's manly underwear.

I'm a pretty big transguy, maybe a bit taller than you, well you've seen my pics on facebook so you can judge but I'm 15 and a half stone. When you buy a harness from Mangoproducts (http://www.mangoproducts.net/PackAndPee.htm#mangoHarness) They ask for your size, and make it specially to fit you. This is where I got mine from.

I've been talking this week with my good friend and tutor (I'm sure you've all heard alot about him by now. My hero) about sizes. I found out he is the same weight as me. Although he is 6"4, and I'm only 5"11. But I found it interesting to compare sizes, because I do have trouble finding clothes that fit well, and hope this will change on T.

He looks massive next to me, but I was interested to learn, he only has a 36inch waist, where as I am 42inches!!!! A big difference, that makes it really hard to buy trousers.

Guest matthew41

Hey Sergei,

When I first started transition I too wore my packer to bed many nights. But I found it was important to wash it, towel it dry and place it in a bag of corn starch overnight at least once a week or the surface would become sticky from body heat and lint would collect on it. It didn't come with instructions and it only through trial and error that I found how to wear it.

I prefer briefs and I don't use the waist band with 'sock' that it used to hang in. I am active and had a problem of the band riding up, pulling my packer into an unnatural location. Its more comfortable just dropping in my briefs with the shaft up to the right when I am wearing jeans. When I wear baggy pants like Dockers, I have the shaft going down otherwise it doesn't look like I have anything down there.

I don't wear it everyday anymore because my jeans hang well on my body, the front of my pants appear as if I have male anatomy without the packer. Sometime over the last 2 years, while I have successfully passed, I stopped being worried that I was being judged as not being a real guy based on the bulge in my pants.

Matt

Guest GoldenKirbichu
I really don't understand what all of you guys have against briefs??? Look at womens underwear, and then look at mens briefs, they really are completely different. Also, consider that nowdays they make womens boxer briefs, that are very fasionable, I know lots of women that wear them. So any type of underwear could be classed as feminine. In my opinion, if there i room for a boy thing then it's manly underwear.

I dunno. I don't really have anything against them per se. It's just the feeling of them hugging your body like that is a turn-off, at least to me... it bothers me personally.

I'm a pretty big transguy, maybe a bit taller than you, well you've seen my pics on facebook so you can judge but I'm 15 and a half stone. When you buy a harness from Mangoproducts (http://www.mangoproducts.net/PackAndPee.htm#mangoHarness) They ask for your size, and make it specially to fit you. This is where I got mine from.

You're WAY taller than me. I'm a midget next to most guys here. *sigh*

What happens if you lose a lot of weight? Granted, I probably would wear it out before I needed a drastically smaller waistband.

I've been talking this week with my good friend and tutor (I'm sure you've all heard alot about him by now. My hero) about sizes. I found out he is the same weight as me. Although he is 6"4, and I'm only 5"11. But I found it interesting to compare sizes, because I do have trouble finding clothes that fit well, and hope this will change on T.

He looks massive next to me, but I was interested to learn, he only has a 36inch waist, where as I am 42inches!!!! A big difference, that makes it really hard to buy trousers.

I have a very wide waist because of all the weight focused in the area. It's impossible for me to buy jeans and most fitted pants won't go on me. *grimaces*

And all the bigger sizes are like drapes on me. Augh. I even had this problem when I was still wearing fem clothes.

I need to lose weight. Argh.

I have a question -- would a sock work for a temporary packer? I don't have the money to buy one (and having C-D cups I can't hide never helps!) and wanted to just have a feeling of it when I'm at home. Maybe two pairs of underwear with the sock inbetween? :o

Guest GoldenKirbichu
I have a question -- would a sock work for a temporary packer? I don't have the money to buy one (and having C-D cups I can't hide never helps!) and wanted to just have a feeling of it when I'm at home. Maybe two pairs of underwear with the sock inbetween? :o

A sock is pretty much as basic as you get. It does work to give a sort of impression of volume. There are other methods that work similarly, like the hair-gel-and-condom method.

It is easier to explain a sock than a realistic packer if it falls out, too.

You're WAY taller than me. I'm a midget next to most guys here. *sigh*

I have a very wide waist because of all the weight focused in the area. It's impossible for me to buy jeans and most fitted pants won't go on me. *grimaces*

I need to lose weight. Argh.

Aah, yes. I'm incredibly short compared to you all! 5'3". I feel your pain, GoldenKirbichu. Height shouldn't make a difference, as I've seen bio males even shorter than myself, but it does feel degrading. I, too, have a lot of weight right above the hip area, so size 36 is too tight, while size 38 is too loose. The one problem I have with boy pants is finding a pair that doesn't fall off of my hips and also doesn't bag the crotch and butt part down to my knees. ._.; I know men wear their pants generally looser, but my thighs (which is where female genetics loves storing fat ._.; ) usually fill up the pant legs. Augh! So frustrating.

Let's go lose weight together.

Oh! And thank you, by the way, for answering my question. Yes, I suppose a sock would be easier to get off with, but I can't do it in public yet because having boobs and a bulge just wouldn't work out. (My binder won't fit me. ;~; Paul from the chatrooms offered me a home-made binder so I'm going to try and synthesize that soon!) It would be nice to just have the sensation at night when I'm falling asleep.

Should I prevent it from touching my skin, though? That would feel kind of weird, and my parents might notice if a ton of socks start piling up in the basket. XD!

Guest GoldenKirbichu
Aah, yes. I'm incredibly short compared to you all! 5'3". I feel your pain, GoldenKirbichu. Height shouldn't make a difference, as I've seen bio males even shorter than myself, but it does feel degrading. I, too, have a lot of weight right above the hip area, so size 36 is too tight, while size 38 is too loose. The one problem I have with boy pants is finding a pair that doesn't fall off of my hips and also doesn't bag the crotch and butt part down to my knees. ._.; I know men wear their pants generally looser, but my thighs (which is where female genetics loves storing fat ._.; ) usually fill up the pant legs. Augh! So frustrating.

Another short guy like me, whoo! I'm not so alone anymore.

Granted, I have a lot of pep, which makes up for my short stature, but you're right; it's sort of degrading to be shorter than your sister.

One lucky thing about me is because of all the natural testosterone I produce my fat tends to gravitate to the "male" storage areas (abdomen). Of course, that increases my risk of heart disease... hooray! But as for wearing pants I tend to fill them up too well... and the seams press against my genitalia if I'm not packing and remind me of the fact they exist. >_<

Let's go lose weight together.

I call dibs on the ladies (and some of the men) at the pool! ;D *shot*

I do wish I had someone to go work out with. Another more passable transguy or an understanding bioguy would make things a lot easier, especially in places like changerooms.

Oh! And thank you, by the way, for answering my question. Yes, I suppose a sock would be easier to get off with, but I can't do it in public yet because having boobs and a bulge just wouldn't work out. (My binder won't fit me. ;~; Paul from the chatrooms offered me a home-made binder so I'm going to try and synthesize that soon!) It would be nice to just have the sensation at night when I'm falling asleep.

Should I prevent it from touching my skin, though? That would feel kind of weird, and my parents might notice if a ton of socks start piling up in the basket. XD!

Ugh, I feel your pain with the binders... so far I have yet to find one that fits me. *grimaces* The last one I tried wouldn't even go over my body and acted like a disturbing fabric collar. A homemade one sounds interesting... I'd like to hear about it.

About the sock thing... well, I'm not sure how you would prevent it from touching your skin unless you wear a double-layer of underwear, which could get very sweaty. I'm out to my parents, so I don't have to worry - but if you're not out, you could maybe consider washing your socks seperately, or designating one older, unpaired sock to be your packing sock (and wash it by itself, so that the parental units don't catch on). That way, they won't start wondering why there's all these unpaired socks in the washing machine - and why they smell so weird.

Personally I'd rather have it touch me though, it tends to dull the feeling of having labia.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, since I had always been highly interested in male anatomy (because I wanted to have it) I would pay close attention to how other biomales with their bodies and ask them blunt questions about it. (They were most helpful when I explained why I was asking.) The main reason most guys don't have it hanging straight down in briefs is because it usually puts uncomfortable pressure on most of the regions of the shaft and glans and it tends to be easier to wear it hanging to the side instead. That's what a tailor asks if he asks whether you dress "left" or "right" - it refers to the direction you tuck the glans in. Also, left handed males tend to tuck it to the right while right handed males tend to do the opposite. I would expect that ambidextrous males wouldn't care - it probably has something to do with brain side/body side dominance issues. I have male friends, however, who don't tuck it either way in briefs and just let it hang however. I imagine those are the minority though.

So I wasn't really confused by virtue of having a lot of males explain concepts to me beforehand. And it seems logical enough, I mean you wouldn't wear something that smashed your body in an uncomfortable position WILLINGLY unless there was some reason to do it (like breast binding or tucking). But I suppose it would be confusing to us because we were never instructed on it.

I don't wear briefs, because they remind me too much of panties... but briefs are the easiest to pack in. Unfortunately boxers tend to be too loose and the packer will sometimes fall out. >_< Unless you're wearing it with a medical adhesive or a waistband to hold it in place, it will usually fall down. So briefs tend to be the way to go with packing (which sucks because I really wanted to avoid wearing any clothes that were unisex in any way). Jock straps apparently work okay but they look really uncomfortable. Stay away from little thong-type-things unless you feel like being outed really fast.

you probably alredy know this but...if you don't want to wear briefs because they remind you of panties and the packer falls out when you wear boxers[awkward] then try boxer briefs. they hold the packer in, but they're much more masculine than briefs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alexander

Well I just read this whole topic, so I'll try to respond to everything. I hope I can remember it all.

I go through cycles of packing and not packing. Some times I wouldn't be caught dead not wearing it, other times I couldn't care less. I rarely sleep while wearing it, because I don't want to wear it out. (I have a Mango which I consider relatively expensive.) Actually the only time I can remember sleeping while wearing it was on a volunteer trip where no-one knew I was biologically female and I didn't want any of them to find out. (That may have been the best week of my life, ever, because I passed 100% of the time, even in the bathroom.)

I tend to wear briefs and boxer briefs (which I prefer). I don't like boxers that much at all. I pack up and to the right. That's just what feels natural to me.

To Darrel and GoldenKirbichu: I'd like to join y'all in the weight loss efforts. I'm carrying too much for my frame, and it isn't healthy in the slightest. Also, I claim dibs ... on anyone!

... I can't think of anything else I wanted to reply to. :rolleyes: Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have brought quite a few devices now. All from mango. I use the ones you can use to urinate with during the day, and then I wear just a packer with a harness usually under just shorts at night time. I don't know why but I can't not pack anymore. It just doesn't feel right. I think I have to do it for my mental wellbeing, at least until the surgery. Unfortunatly it is expensive though, and as somebody mentioned before they do wear out quite quickly.

Guest silverpetals
I picked up a packet of briefs and looked at the picture on the front of the guy modelling them. I couldn't tell wear his boy thing was, left or right. I would imagine it wasn't hanging straight down, unless it was really small. I asked my friend, and he couldn't tell either, and he's defiantly more of an expert in these matters than me.

lol, you realise he's probably packing too.

...why am i here?

• 1 month later...

the mango that i ordered just came in the mail today and i was beyond freaking out! my dad didn't know what it was and he kind of freaked out to but in a very different way :lol:

Guest GoldenKirbichu
the mango that i ordered just came in the mail today and i was beyond freaking out! my dad didn't know what it was and he kind of freaked out to but in a very different way :lol:

Well, that must've been awkward. xD

I have yet to order one. But I've been given permission to! *pumps fist* At least from one parent.

Guest 2892Bandie
A sock is pretty much as basic as you get. It does work to give a sort of impression of volume. There are other methods that work similarly, like the hair-gel-and-condom method.

It is easier to explain a sock than a realistic packer if it falls out, too.

okay, i must be so dumb but what is the hair-gel comdom method?

I tried the hair gel one. Didn't work for me. I don't think i could ask 'permission' from my parents. "Hello mum, Please may a buy a packer" "What the hell is a packer?" "A....er....well..... it's a boy thing......" All the packers seemto be in US shops :( same with binders. :(

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick

I don't know if this may help some but this is what I use...it is on the costly side of things though...I saved for a few years before I purchased it, however it is the best I have ever came across...I never leave home without it...

Nick

Packing