• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jackie Goes For Bottom Surgery

Jackie C.

• Admin

As @Jackie C. said, we have a profanity / objectionable word filter on this thing that was populated for substitutions by a highly imaginative developer on the Admin staff.  I may go see how this one was set up if I can keep from laughing too hard.   We can refer to our Feline friends as Kitty cats with no problem. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackie C.

• Susan R

• ShawnaLeigh

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I spend a lot of time doing this, so I thought I'd include a picture.

You look happy.  It is great to see.  It also looks like you have a buddy is concerned and trying to help you through the healing.

• Forum Moderator

It’s always nice to read your latest goings on, Jackie. Yes, it’s not only very informative, descriptive and blunt but I can’t tell you how much you make me laugh with your writing style...you pull no punches..lol.  You’re truly a gift!

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

We can refer to our Feline friends as Kitty cats with no problem.

Well of course I could. If I did that, the joke wouldn't have worked though.

2 hours ago, michelle_kitten said:

You look happy.  It is great to see.  It also looks like you have a buddy is concerned and trying to help you through the healing.

It's hard not to be happy with Oggie purring away in your ear. I also get the grins whenever I just stop and realize that I have what will eventually be a vagina now. Sure, it's technically a vagina right this second, but it looks more like an in-service rock quarry or maybe a geological vent. Sometimes toxic spooge bubbles up out of those too.

Though a deposit of cobalt crystals around the edges would be kind of cool. Probably super uncomfortable. I have more than enough chafing from the pads. It would look awesome though.

Hugs! 

• Forum Moderator

Week Six of the 4-6 Week Healing Process OR Four to Six Weeks My Pasty White Backside

And so the saga continues.

Activity. I went back to the gym this week. For a day. Unfortunately that very day the governor closed all gyms, restaurants, theaters, and amusement parks. So the lesson here is try not to schedule your surgery immediately before a global pandemic outbreak. In the meantime I can do most stuff around the house. I'm still swollen in my pelvic cradle, but I can do most things that don't require me to bend at the waist. I was surprised how much muscle my body cannibalized while I was healing though. Just six weeks had me struggling to do two-thirds of my workout and I cut the cardio short because of a doctor's appointment.

Appearance. It looks better. It's still pretty raw, but I can see the shape of things to come coming together. I'll probably need a little outside revision for asthetics, but we're a long way off from anything like that. Anything could happen.

Dilation. Is pretty routine at this point. I've figured out the positions that work the best and how to achieve them. The largest dilator is still uncomfortable, but I can manage. I will never be a size queen. Of course I'm also not sexually attracted to men, so that probably wasn't on the table anyway.

Feminine Wash. This is a new thing I'll be trying this week (On doctor's orders, it's a week six perk). The idea is that it helps populate your new vagina with the appropriate bacterial fauna and helps to balance your PH. Today is the first day I'm allowed to scrub down there but I'm putting it off until I have my new shower head. I purchased a variable speed wand. While I've been told by several cis women that this device is an excellent masturbation tool, I was thinking it would be good to loosen slough tissue in hard-to-reach areas. I suppose it can be two things.

Healing. Still coming along. While the doctor says four to six weeks, I'm going to be a special snowflake and take a little longer because of the slough tissue. That's a lesson to be learned: My tissue wasn't as high quality because of all the weight I've lost. While it's going to fill back in, I've got some extra healing to do because of it. Be in the best shape of your life before you go in for surgery. You will not regret it.

In the meantime, I've still got bleeding from where the slough pulls away from the healthy skin. I'm applying an ointment to the slough to help dissolve it and move things along. I've been told that there is another product to help everything heal back in once the slough is gone, but I have yet to see it.

Pain. There's still some pain. I'd call it a one, but my pelvic cradle is still pretty swollen and I've got bits of dead tissue stubbornly hanging on. Sitting is uncomfortable, but bearable. I'm very ready for the hurting to stop, but I'm made of old shoe leather and grit. I can take it.

Slough. I lost a giant glob of tissue Saturday morning. I mean it was going, but I somehow didn't expect it to slop off all at once like that. Mega disgusting, and a bout of panic with, "ZOMG! What the frelling heck is that?!?" but my sleep addled brain put the pieces together pretty quickly.

Unless something super interesting happens, this is probably going to be the last update for a while. The next milestone is at least two weeks off. Probably more like six. I'm always happy to answer questions though.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you are getting through all this as well as you are.  Time will make everything seem right.  

Funny how the terrible scar i had from open heart surgery has become just a part of me.  It actually looks like some extra cleavage now.   

It sounds like your doing great.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C.  I appreciate you updates.  As I am only a few weeks behind you, everything you write about (okay, except for dilations) is relevant to me.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

So the lesson here is try not to schedule your surgery immediately before a global pandemic outbreak.

LOL, I’ll remember this sage advice. I’ll have to order my crystal ball off amazon soon...the stores seem to be all out at the moment!  Seriously, it could be worse.  I have a friend going into surgery soon and it doesn’t seem to be the best time to be doing anything in a hospital.

Slough. I lost a giant glob of tissue Saturday morning. I mean it was going, but I somehow didn't expect it to slop off all at once like that. Mega disgusting

Jackie, is this excess hyper-granulated tissue coming off.  When it comes off does the area from which it came look like ‘a large scrape with the scab removed too early’ in other words...a very bright red thinly lined skin area?

I've got bits of dead tissue stubbornly hanging on.

Are you able to wear regular ladies undergarments with pads yet or do you still need the adult full protection undergarments?  How does whichever one you wear at this point in your healing, keep the skin from irritation, itching, and rubbing against these areas?

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'll probably need a little outside revision for asthetics, but we're a long way off from anything like that. Anything could happen.

These revisions are seemingly very common...more common than I was hoping.  I know several woman that have needed multiple trips back for various surgeries.  What’s interesting is that some women have these revisions done years later.  Very often it’s just an issue to adjust their urine stream or simply removing excess scar tissue in one area.  How long did your doctor say it would be until you know whether or not you’ll need a revision?  Are there some telltale signs you’re seeing with your own surgery that makes you fell you may be a candidate for an upcoming revision?

Thank you for the update,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Susan R said:

Jackie, is this excess hyper-granulated tissue coming off.  When it comes off does the area from which it came look like ‘a large scrape with the scab removed too early’ in other words...a very bright red thinly lined skin area?

Yup, exactly like that. Though there's usually a little blood around the edges. I'm OK with the blood. I've had eczema forever. The lump of ick was not as welcome however. Still, I smell better. ?

The lump of ick was getting pretty powerful.

Are you able to wear regular ladies undergarments with pads yet or do you still need the adult full protection undergarments?  How does whichever one you wear at this point in your healing, keep the skin from irritation, itching, and rubbing against these areas?

Regular panties with pads during the day. Full on diapers at night for the sake of the sheets. Also I seem to bleed more then. That's probably going to continue until the slough part is done as that seems to be where most of the blood is coming from. I've got one more bothersome patch in the front. After that, it's just little bits here and there.

Rubbing hasn't been much of an issue besides my inner thighs. I keep the rough spots there medicated with the same skin cream I use to treat my eczema.

I should also mention that the night sweats seem to have mostly cut it the heck out so I'm not waking up inside a moist sponge anymore when I have to go pee. That has done wonders for my sleeping. No more getting back into soggy sheets and having to navigate warped floorboards.

These revisions are seemingly very common...more common than I was hoping.  I know several woman that have needed multiple trips back for various surgeries.  What’s interesting is that some women have these revisions done years later.  Very often it’s just an issue to adjust their urine stream or simply removing excess scar tissue in one area.  How long did your doctor say it would be until you know whether or not you’ll need a revision?  Are there some telltale signs you’re seeing with your own surgery that makes you fell you may be a candidate for an upcoming revision?

I'd include a picture, but that violates just SO many forum rules. I've got a couple of crevices that don't look to be going down any time soon with a little scarring around the edges. It's a little like a double hair lip on either side of the neo-vagina. I'll have a better idea what I'm going to need when the swelling finally goes down. Again. I'm a special snowflake. My immune system tends to over-react to literally everything.

I'm not sure about the urine stream because it's right under some of the slough tissue so I have no idea what the final results are going to be like there until I heal some more. It's dissolving, but it hasn't given up quite yet.

So yeah, healing. Maintaining contact with my doctor. Staying indoors because there's a super contagious virus stalking the streets and, as an asthmatic, I'm in the at-risk group... Regular stuff. At least I'm getting some writing done.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm in the at-risk group... Regular stuff. At least I'm getting some writing done.

It’s sounds like you’re keeping on top of it though. Being active as possible and keeping everything clean is probably helping you heal faster. You’ll be just fine, I’m sure.  And yes...The writing is nice for you to pass the time and very informative for all of us here on the forum.

Thank You,

Susan R?

• 2 weeks later...

We’’re still with you. Thank you so much for your updates. I still blow coffee through my nose when I read your colorful descriptions.

Laura76

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Three Months a Lady

Like it says on the tin, this is my update at three months of recovery. I've spoken to my surgeon, addressed issues and generally gotten better. Not completely better, that'll be a minute, but way better than I was.

Pain. Hardly any. I can still pull it to the point where I feel some discomfort in certain positions, but for the most part I can sit on it all day with only a little tingling or tightness towards the front. The swelling is finally going down. It's not gone, but there's less of it than there was. I still get a little blood spotting from time to time due to a patch of granulated tissue about a half-inch south of my urethra. Very minimal, just a few drops.

OB/GYN. This is apparently something I need. Specifically to treat the tissue granulation south of my urethra. Unfortunately, the world ended and it's hard to find a doctor to look at my lady bits and prescribe... I'm guessing silver nitrate, but I don't really know. I'd need an OB/GYN for that. My regular doctor is asking around for me, but I'll probably have to wait for the stay-at-home order to be lifted. The current date for Michigan is May 15th, so maybe two weeks. Maybe not. I'm in the county hardest hit and we had terrorists in the capital yesterday (no joke, armed white-supremacist gunmen complete with assault weapons, and legislators wearing bullet-proof vests to session) so really anything could happen.

The point being that I'm looking for a trans-friendly OB/GYN sooner than I thought I'd need one.

Numbness. The surgical site still has considerable numbness. Some areas are still pretty numb while others are regaining normal sensitivity. I've been told to apply bio-oil twice a day to speed the healing process. I couldn't tell you if it works or not. It's a good moisturizer (bringing the count of moisturizers I spread on to four if you're keeping track), but I don't care for the way it smells. It has a sort of medicinal flowers stink to it. Like someone was going for floral, but had never really been in the same room with a flower and added disinfectant.

Of course I never liked the way flowers smell anyway (probably my allergies at work), so maybe it's lovely for someone who isn't knocked on their butt by pollen every spring and summer.

Depth. I've lost a little depth. About a half-inch. I've been given an intra-vaginal cream to help get it back. First off, I'm giddy that I get to use an intra-vaginal cream. However, I've learned that the applicator absolutely blows. I have no idea who designed this thing, but it's a lazy design. Probably chosen because it's simple to build and cheap.

I'm going to share my method for you though. This took me a couple days to get down. First, load the tube to whatever your dosage is. Next, apply a bit of lube around the top part of the applicator tube. You don't need a lot, the idea here is to keep the ointment from sticking to the plastic. Next, insert the tube as deeply as you can. Push the plunger while pulling the tube back out a little. Now as you remove the tube, make certain to rotate it and try to rub it on your vaginal walls to help dislodge any remaining ointment. If you did it right, you shouldn't have more than a dab of ointment left stuck to the applicator.

Pads. If you've been paying attention, that's three oils, ointments and creams that I'm spreading in, around and on my neo-vagina. I'm still using thin pads to keep the tsunami of glop contained.

Prior to that, I tried going sans-pad for a day. My pads had appeared clean for a while and I was hopeful I could get back to normal. I soaked through my panties by my midday dilation session. I couldn't even tell you what I was leaking but I am still, apparently, a very juicy girl. I'll repeat the experiment when I'm no longer spreading all possible flavors of gunk on my genitals and can go back to showering after my morning dilation session instead of before. Can't wash the medicine off after all.

Dilation. Still a thing. Delayed going down to twice a day until I get my depth back. I don't really miss the hour while we're all in medical quarantine. The idea being that it seems counter-intuitive to build my depth back up by reducing sessions. On the plus side, I've got my technique down and I'm using my phone to learn Japanese while I'm stuck. Might as well use the time productively, right? You just need activities you can do one-handed.

That's a silly thing isn't it? I have a computer that fits easily in my hand, but I have to manually keep my dilator in place. It seems like there should be a mechanical method to make the experience hands-free. At least the ten minutes between changing out dilator sizes. I wouldn't think it would be any more expensive to design and manufacture than my yoga strap.

Activity. I've been doing a little over an hour of cardio dance and weights in the morning. Sometimes I change that up with about an hour of yoga. I'm not really flexible enough for yoga, but I'd like to be. I've taken a couple of three mile walks to and from the pharmacy on the corner weather permitting. No discomfort from... ok, yoga occasionally hurts, but it hurts the same way it did before surgery. No discomfort from my dance routine past the normal muscle burn. I miss getting back to the gym. I miss my friends at the gym too.

Function. I'm sure this is the part you're really interested in. Hence why I kept it for last. My surgeon cleared me for sexual activity and I took things for a solo run. I had a little trouble getting into the mindset at first, but eventually got things moving. There's still a lot of numbness to work around. Did not manage to reach the finish line, but I had fun experimenting. I'd say I got as far as maybe eighty percent "up the mountain." I'll try to reach the summit again, but it might be a while before I'm healed enough to manage a clitoral orgasm. Completely clueless on my "g-spot." I know it's in there somewhere, but I haven't managed to locate it yet. You'd think it would be easy as I have long, dexterous fingers, but I don't even know what I'm looking for. I need a map and a compass. Maybe an endoscope. 

Total aside, I saw an ad for an endoscope you can hook to your phone the other day. The idea is using it to clean your ears. The camera probably isn't waterproof though.

I stand corrected. $36 on Amazon. Huh.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Jackie for giving us this very thorough and descriptive update.  I’m sure much of the aftercare and healing processes for my surgery will be similar. Also, many of your tips and suggestions will be very helpful to me when the time comes.

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

I'm hoping yours goes more smoothly actually. While this hasn't been a total train wreck, it hasn't been a picture perfect example of the procedure either. It might have gone more smoothly if my surgeon was closer. I can't exactly drive out to Philly again on a whim to have her look at something. I can, and do, send her pictures though. I have sent her just SO many pictures of my crotch.

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jackie C. said:

Part Five - Unpacked 

So I got the early appointment and it was over in a blink. The first thing they asked me to do was get undressed. Seeing as how it had taken me twenty minutes to get dressed, it was challenging, but I managed. 

The vents went easy, but the packing and catheter were both very tender. They went quickly though. My urethra is still pretty swollen, but getting better. Everything is still very swollen. It's a wonder it doesn't hurt more than it does. I can see what it's going to look like in broad strokes when it's done healing. 

Then we did my first dilation. Not super comfortable right now, but I'm having trouble relaxing yet. It's a three part process: First I insert a huge dildo for five minutes. Next, we use an even bigger one for ten. Finally I have to insert a telephone pole for the last five minutes. That's my routine for the next month. 

Douching starts Saturday. 

Hugs!

This made me laugh (with you, hopefully, not at you). I’ve told my friends a few days ago: “After all my research last weekend, it’s seems like the final surgery will temporarily turn me into a bit of a -friendly person- with a medical fetish.”

They didn’t laugh. But I thought it was funny. ?

On 2/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, Jackie C. said:

So yeah, the surgical site looks like someone tried to sculpt the Sarlacc Pit Play Set out of expired stew meat.

Okay this part really got me. Your humor still shines through but whilst half-laughing I turned the side in what can only be described an as “ewww shudder.”

Your reports are invaluable to me. I’m glad I found this site and this thread.

I’m undeterred in my quest for final transition (East to say when I’m only on step 3, I guess), but oh girl I’m not looking forward to “cleanup on aisle 3!”

I have crippling OCD...so things could get very...interesting.

• Forum Moderator

Oh dear. I've left gunk on... everything. The best way to describe what's going on down there right now is "juicy." I'm sure some of it is the... let's see... lube, estridiol cream and the bio oil... but some of it is "me" too. I'm going through at least two pads a day, and there's... let's call them drippings... going down my leg without. I'm like a big ol' gravy boat. That someone tipped over. I can't imagine dealing with that and OCD at the same time. Yikes!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Oh dear. I've left gunk on... everything. The best way to describe what's going on down there right now is "juicy." I'm sure some of it is the... let's see... lube, estridiol cream and the bio oil... but some of it is "me" too. I'm going through at least two pads a day, and there's... let's call them drippings... going down my leg without. I'm like a big ol' gravy boat. That someone tipped over. I can't imagine dealing with that and OCD at the same time. Yikes!

It’s going to be a challenge to be sure. But I am setting up my house with a “contamination zone bedroom” that should help. It’s the former “front room,” that has wooden floors instead of carpet.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Jackie C.

I am grateful for so much information. You were lucky to have someone with you. I feel a little intimidated to be doing this by myself.

Again thank you so much for sharing your experience and giving the rest of us  a better understanding of what to expect.

I am so happy for you.

Lots of love

Carrie

Jackie,

thanks for sharing. It is my goal to have a limited depth vulvoplasty. At my age I do not want to have to do dilation everyday nor do I ever want or need a man to "complete me" with vaginal sex. Removing the penis and gaining the external appearance of female genitalia is sufficient for dealing with my disphoria. 

Bravo Jackie, know that each day will be better than the day before and sometime down the road your healing will be completed. 

Tanker go bønner

Erikka

3 hours ago, Erikka said:

It is my goal to have a limited depth vulvoplasty. At my age I do not want to have to do dilation everyday nor do I ever want or need a man to "complete me" with vaginal sex. Removing the penis and gaining the external appearance of female genitalia is sufficient for dealing with my disphoria. 

Same here, Erikka.  I just learned about this option.  In fact, searching/researching it is how I stumbled onto TP.  I hope that if you go before me (probable; I'm in no hurry right now) you will share all the gory details like Jackie is doing for us.  As I understand it, the procedure (tissue used and how it's moved) is different.

• Forum Moderator
33 minutes ago, Tori M said:

will share all the gory details like Jackie is doing for us.

Hey! It hasn't been gory for a couple of months now! ?

Hugs!

Hugs!

Yay! Congrats!

Hugs!

Yea, it's getting easier for me to read now {me<<<squeamish!).  Forgive me, I'm just now catching up on this long thread.  Thanks so much for sharing, Jackie.  I might never get surgery now!  ?