• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jackie Goes For Bottom Surgery

Jackie C.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you ladies for the information. This gives me more of an idea what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackie C.

• Susan R

• ShawnaLeigh

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/21/2020 at 3:49 PM, Susan R said:

I’ve never had a catheter...well, surgery of any kind actually so a catheter is something I wonder about whenever someone mentions it. I know I’ll need one during my surgery but I’m hoping I won’t feel the original insertion...just the removal.  Catheter insertion sounds very painful if I was to feel it. After it’s in, does one experience discomfort like periodic a sharp pain, dull pain, or a feeling of having to urinate badly? What is the feeling like...if you might describe it? Can I should ask if the pain is isolated to the insertion point or completely internal?

Susan R?

I had to have one for 2 weeks after prostate surgery. When I first came out of anesthesia, I felt like I had to pee bad, but it improved pretty quickly. It was also a different type of surgery. I think they always put it in while you are under. You get pretty tired of it after a few days, but for GCS it shouldn't be in very long. When they pulled mine out it was like pulling a bandaid off. Quick and not too painful. Of course I had the male thingy then, so I don't know if that makes a difference compared to the female anatomy. I guess we will both find out pretty soon Susan! ?

Hugs,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Twas the Week Before Christmas...

And @Jackie C. is scheduled for her revision surgery. There's no bowel prep this time around, so... Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.

Hugs!

On 9/4/2020 at 7:37 PM, Confused1 said:

Catheter insertion sounds very painful if I was to feel it. After it’s in, does one experience discomfort like periodic a sharp pain, dull pain, or a feeling of having to urinate badly? What is the feeling like...if you might describe it?

Hurts going in, but it's tolerable [sorta'] and it stays at that level until they're done. No sharp stabs of pain. When in, it feels like having to pee, but not unbearably urgent as in "beer bust." Keeps you in bed, pretty much. If not in too long, they just pull it out. Stings, but hey, it's coming out. If it's in a long time, like a week or more, they watch closely to make sure the natural plumbing starts working again.

Good luck. Hospitals suck, but it's only for a little while, then you get to go home, binge watch Netflix and eat popcorn. YMMV. 

~~Lee~~

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

Chapter IV: A New Hope

So yeah, today's challenge was paperwork! My surgeon has a new hospital affiliation so I needed to fill out absolutely everything about my medical history and sign up with the new system. Some of the questions were really invasive. I mean, why do they want to know my favorite color? And why is it important that they know when I shower?

Getting geared up for the revision surgery on December 16th. No drains and no hospital stay this time. I'll be spending a week out of state mostly by myself in a hotel room with a catheter. I guess with a catheter, you're never REALLY alone, but I expect to fill the time with writing and sketching. In a small way it'll be a relief to not have my wife hovering over me and worrying. There will be a lot of takeout and room service in my future. I'm NOT trekking all over an unfamiliar city with a catheter bag in one hand. I'm just not.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm NOT trekking all over an unfamiliar city with a catheter bag in one hand.

No one would bother you.  You'd be left alone!  

• Forum Moderator

OK, more importantly I'm not going to juggle a catheter bag and take out while trying to get back into my hotel room.

Hugs!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Well... shoot. Just got a call from my provider and, thanks to the Covidiots, my state is on the fourteen day quarantine list and my surgery is postponed to at least next year. Now I get to see if I can get a refund on my plane tickets. Yay.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Oh, Jackie, that is terrible.  I am so sorry to hear that!  Good luck with the refund, and good luck getting it rescheduled as soon as possible.

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

my surgery is postponed to at least next year. Now I get to see if I can get a refund on my plane tickets. Yay.

This is the worst. I am so sorry to read this tonight, Jackie C. I know we are all susceptible to having something like this happen at anytime during this pandemic. I had several trans friends who had their respective surgeries postponed back in April. I thought the worst was over when they eventually completed their surgeries over these past few months.  Sadly, this resurgence of covid has given me new worries and then I read your update. I hope you get your airfare refunded. That would make this news just that much worse. Keep your head up!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Susan R said:

I hope you get your airfare refunded.

Tragically, American doesn't do that. I can use the money towards a flight in the future but "finders keepers."

On the plus side, they at least called before I put myself through menopause again. The clinic says they'll be stepping up surgery days once this nonsense is in the rear-view so I shouldn't have to wait as long. Still a crushing disappointment.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. ditto from me. I know this hurts but you have so much you've achieved and an incredible role model. I hope I can but get anywhere close to your amazing history.

Hang in there.... 

Edited by Jani
wrong name
  • Forum Moderator

Thanks everybody!

I'm going to throw myself into all of my self-help stuff until my state isn't such a plague zone. Next year I am going to DragonCon in Georgia. I'm going to cosplay as the Spectacular She-Hulk and it's going to be all me under the costume. It's good to have goals.

shehulk.jpg.acfd985e117b6ee92299acfad2704308.jpg

I'm going to have green body paint just EVERYWHERE.

So their office is going to call me when they have an opening. It sucks that it puts a bunch of OTHER life-plans on hold but in the meantime I've got lots of OTHER things I can work on. Some of them are things I was planning on doing while I recover. I'll get there.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm going to throw myself into all of my self-help stuff until my state isn't such a plague zone. Next year I am going to DragonCon in Georgia. I'm going to cosplay as the Spectacular She-Hulk and it's going to be all me under the costume

Yay! You rock girl. You're gonna have to share that picture with us! :) 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Yay! You rock girl. You're gonna have to share that picture with us! :) 

Huh, I just realized I have better cheekbones than she does. Take THAT Marvel Comics!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

8 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Huh, I just realized I have better cheekbones than she does. Take THAT Marvel Comics!

Funny, we had dinner with close friends soon after I came out.  I was in the kitchen with the wife opening a bottle of wine and she made a comment about my cheekbones that I loved.  Yes some of us don't need FFS. 

11 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

it's going to be all me under the costume.

You do realize her costume is painted on, right?   

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jani said:

Funny, we had dinner with close friends soon after I came out.  I was in the kitchen with the wife opening a bottle of wine and she made a comment about my cheekbones that I loved.  Yes some of us don't need FFS. 

You do realize her costume is painted on, right?   

Well sure (I mean she's an ink drawing, her everything is painted on), but I'm wearing a onesie thanks. The people at DragonCon do NOT have sufficient clearance for my undercarriage.

Hugs!

• 8 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Yay! So things are FINALLY moving on my revision. I'll be getting my testing and the last of the paperwork done Monday. I'm taking a day off work to do it. Then it will be DONE. Surgery is scheduled for August 26th. Technically that's the doctor's BA day, but she's squeezing me in because I just need a cosmetic touch up or two.

Though if I were to wake up with bigger breasts, I wouldn't exactly be SAD.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Jackie.  You must be feeling great!

Hugs,

Charlize