• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jackie C.

Jackie Goes For Bottom Surgery

Jackie C.

The profanity filter is a strange and mysterious beast. Much like I didn't type <water balloon>. He's a cute little guy. He's "helping" his mother get ready for noon dilation in that particular shot.

Hugs!

VickySGV

As @Jackie C. said, we have a profanity / objectionable word filter on this thing that was populated for substitutions by a highly imaginative developer on the Admin staff.  I may go see how this one was set up if I can keep from laughing too hard.   We can refer to our Feline friends as Kitty cats with no problem. 

michelle_kitten
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I spend a lot of time doing this, so I thought I'd include a picture.

You look happy.  It is great to see.  It also looks like you have a buddy is concerned and trying to help you through the healing.

Susan R

It’s always nice to read your latest goings on, Jackie. Yes, it’s not only very informative, descriptive and blunt but I can’t tell you how much you make me laugh with your writing style...you pull no punches..lol.  You’re truly a gift!

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Jackie C.
2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

We can refer to our Feline friends as Kitty cats with no problem.

Well of course I could. If I did that, the joke wouldn't have worked though.

2 hours ago, michelle_kitten said:

You look happy.  It is great to see.  It also looks like you have a buddy is concerned and trying to help you through the healing.

It's hard not to be happy with Oggie purring away in your ear. I also get the grins whenever I just stop and realize that I have what will eventually be a vagina now. Sure, it's technically a vagina right this second, but it looks more like an in-service rock quarry or maybe a geological vent. Sometimes toxic spooge bubbles up out of those too.

Though a deposit of cobalt crystals around the edges would be kind of cool. Probably super uncomfortable. I have more than enough chafing from the pads. It would look awesome though.

Hugs! 

Jackie C.

Week Six of the 4-6 Week Healing Process OR Four to Six Weeks My Pasty White Backside

And so the saga continues.

Activity. I went back to the gym this week. For a day. Unfortunately that very day the governor closed all gyms, restaurants, theaters, and amusement parks. So the lesson here is try not to schedule your surgery immediately before a global pandemic outbreak. In the meantime I can do most stuff around the house. I'm still swollen in my pelvic cradle, but I can do most things that don't require me to bend at the waist. I was surprised how much muscle my body cannibalized while I was healing though. Just six weeks had me struggling to do two-thirds of my workout and I cut the cardio short because of a doctor's appointment.

Appearance. It looks better. It's still pretty raw, but I can see the shape of things to come coming together. I'll probably need a little outside revision for asthetics, but we're a long way off from anything like that. Anything could happen.

Dilation. Is pretty routine at this point. I've figured out the positions that work the best and how to achieve them. The largest dilator is still uncomfortable, but I can manage. I will never be a size queen. Of course I'm also not sexually attracted to men, so that probably wasn't on the table anyway.

Feminine Wash. This is a new thing I'll be trying this week (On doctor's orders, it's a week six perk). The idea is that it helps populate your new vagina with the appropriate bacterial fauna and helps to balance your PH. Today is the first day I'm allowed to scrub down there but I'm putting it off until I have my new shower head. I purchased a variable speed wand. While I've been told by several cis women that this device is an excellent masturbation tool, I was thinking it would be good to loosen slough tissue in hard-to-reach areas. I suppose it can be two things.

Healing. Still coming along. While the doctor says four to six weeks, I'm going to be a special snowflake and take a little longer because of the slough tissue. That's a lesson to be learned: My tissue wasn't as high quality because of all the weight I've lost. While it's going to fill back in, I've got some extra healing to do because of it. Be in the best shape of your life before you go in for surgery. You will not regret it.

In the meantime, I've still got bleeding from where the slough pulls away from the healthy skin. I'm applying an ointment to the slough to help dissolve it and move things along. I've been told that there is another product to help everything heal back in once the slough is gone, but I have yet to see it.

Pain. There's still some pain. I'd call it a one, but my pelvic cradle is still pretty swollen and I've got bits of dead tissue stubbornly hanging on. Sitting is uncomfortable, but bearable. I'm very ready for the hurting to stop, but I'm made of old shoe leather and grit. I can take it.

Slough. I lost a giant glob of tissue Saturday morning. I mean it was going, but I somehow didn't expect it to slop off all at once like that. Mega disgusting, and a bout of panic with, "ZOMG! What the frelling heck is that?!?" but my sleep addled brain put the pieces together pretty quickly.

Unless something super interesting happens, this is probably going to be the last update for a while. The next milestone is at least two weeks off. Probably more like six. I'm always happy to answer questions though.

Hugs!

Charlize

I'm glad you are getting through all this as well as you are.  Time will make everything seem right.  

Funny how the terrible scar i had from open heart surgery has become just a part of me.  It actually looks like some extra cleavage now.   

It sounds like your doing great.

Hugs,

Charlize

KathyLauren

@Jackie C.  I appreciate you updates.  As I am only a few weeks behind you, everything you write about (okay, except for dilations) is relevant to me.

Susan R
5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

So the lesson here is try not to schedule your surgery immediately before a global pandemic outbreak.

LOL, I’ll remember this sage advice. I’ll have to order my crystal ball off amazon soon...the stores seem to be all out at the moment!  Seriously, it could be worse.  I have a friend going into surgery soon and it doesn’t seem to be the best time to be doing anything in a hospital.

Slough. I lost a giant glob of tissue Saturday morning. I mean it was going, but I somehow didn't expect it to slop off all at once like that. Mega disgusting

Jackie, is this excess hyper-granulated tissue coming off.  When it comes off does the area from which it came look like ‘a large scrape with the scab removed too early’ in other words...a very bright red thinly lined skin area?

I've got bits of dead tissue stubbornly hanging on.

Are you able to wear regular ladies undergarments with pads yet or do you still need the adult full protection undergarments?  How does whichever one you wear at this point in your healing, keep the skin from irritation, itching, and rubbing against these areas?

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'll probably need a little outside revision for asthetics, but we're a long way off from anything like that. Anything could happen.

These revisions are seemingly very common...more common than I was hoping.  I know several woman that have needed multiple trips back for various surgeries.  What’s interesting is that some women have these revisions done years later.  Very often it’s just an issue to adjust their urine stream or simply removing excess scar tissue in one area.  How long did your doctor say it would be until you know whether or not you’ll need a revision?  Are there some telltale signs you’re seeing with your own surgery that makes you fell you may be a candidate for an upcoming revision?

Thank you for the update,

Susan R🌷

Jackie C.
1 hour ago, Susan R said:

Jackie, is this excess hyper-granulated tissue coming off.  When it comes off does the area from which it came look like ‘a large scrape with the scab removed too early’ in other words...a very bright red thinly lined skin area?

Yup, exactly like that. Though there's usually a little blood around the edges. I'm OK with the blood. I've had eczema forever. The lump of ick was not as welcome however. Still, I smell better. 😋

The lump of ick was getting pretty powerful.

Are you able to wear regular ladies undergarments with pads yet or do you still need the adult full protection undergarments?  How does whichever one you wear at this point in your healing, keep the skin from irritation, itching, and rubbing against these areas?

Regular panties with pads during the day. Full on diapers at night for the sake of the sheets. Also I seem to bleed more then. That's probably going to continue until the slough part is done as that seems to be where most of the blood is coming from. I've got one more bothersome patch in the front. After that, it's just little bits here and there.

Rubbing hasn't been much of an issue besides my inner thighs. I keep the rough spots there medicated with the same skin cream I use to treat my eczema.

I should also mention that the night sweats seem to have mostly cut it the heck out so I'm not waking up inside a moist sponge anymore when I have to go pee. That has done wonders for my sleeping. No more getting back into soggy sheets and having to navigate warped floorboards.

These revisions are seemingly very common...more common than I was hoping.  I know several woman that have needed multiple trips back for various surgeries.  What’s interesting is that some women have these revisions done years later.  Very often it’s just an issue to adjust their urine stream or simply removing excess scar tissue in one area.  How long did your doctor say it would be until you know whether or not you’ll need a revision?  Are there some telltale signs you’re seeing with your own surgery that makes you fell you may be a candidate for an upcoming revision?

I'd include a picture, but that violates just SO many forum rules. I've got a couple of crevices that don't look to be going down any time soon with a little scarring around the edges. It's a little like a double hair lip on either side of the neo-vagina. I'll have a better idea what I'm going to need when the swelling finally goes down. Again. I'm a special snowflake. My immune system tends to over-react to literally everything.

I'm not sure about the urine stream because it's right under some of the slough tissue so I have no idea what the final results are going to be like there until I heal some more. It's dissolving, but it hasn't given up quite yet.

So yeah, healing. Maintaining contact with my doctor. Staying indoors because there's a super contagious virus stalking the streets and, as an asthmatic, I'm in the at-risk group... Regular stuff. At least I'm getting some writing done.

Hugs!

Susan R
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm in the at-risk group... Regular stuff. At least I'm getting some writing done.

It’s sounds like you’re keeping on top of it though. Being active as possible and keeping everything clean is probably helping you heal faster. You’ll be just fine, I’m sure.  And yes...The writing is nice for you to pass the time and very informative for all of us here on the forum.

Thank You,

Susan R🌷

Laura76

We’’re still with you. Thank you so much for your updates. I still blow coffee through my nose when I read your colorful descriptions.

Laura76