• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cheating boyfriend

emily the wolf

emily the wolf

Welp I thought that j finally found a good relationship... Turns out that since I was too insecure for anything NSFW he decided to cheat on me... Apparently this has been going on for the past like 2 months... And with my closet friend... I don't know what is worse how much I don't care about him anymore or how hurt I am...

ShawnaLeigh

I'm sorry to hear about this Emily.  I know how it feels to be cheated on and it is a terrible thing.  Especially when it is a spouse doing so.

There is nothing I can say that will make you feel better but I can give an old gals advice. 

Stay true to who you are.  Do not change for anyone just to get them to like you or get them back. 

Don't negotiate with anyone either on how you are or how you should be in their eyes.  

Be respectful at all times.  Especially important for us trans folks as being a vengeful "jerk" can only make things worse.

The hardest part is letting your heart heal.  Do not jump right into another relationship to lesson the pain of the one you lost. It mostly never plays out well.  It is not fair to your hurting heart and troubled mind nor the new person who is going into it with an open and hopefully honest heart and mind. 

If you do have someone who is a potential boyfriend then be honest about where you are right now and let them know to not expect a super slingshot into a romance.  Take your time and be friends first.  Close friends and then get to know a person before you commit your heart to this again.

Ok so this is great advice and about none of us ever follow it when we are hurting.  This is life and love is truly a battlefield at times.

I have been guilty of not doing any of these things in my past and I am on divorce number four.  So when I say "I've been there and done that".  I have.

Good Luck hon.

TammyAnne

Sorry this happened Emily.

It's possible he was insincere from the outset. It's also possible he is just being driven by hormones and will mellow out in time.

Either way, you have to look out for yourself and do what's right for you, including taking care of your heart.

(《(HUG)》)

TA

Maid In Bedlam

It sounds like you got lucky.

You found out he was a proper wrongen before it went any further.

Also I guess you also found out who your freinds are.

Sorry but Girl code clearly states you dont cheat with your freinds partner. Well is in my book anyway.

be glad to be rid of and find yourself someone who isnt such a bellend

Use it as a postive learning expreiance and dont get fooled again.