• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I’m late to the party but finally got my ears pierced today.

Susan R

• Forum Moderator

Today my wife and I went to a local mall and she surprised me and said we’re here a few days earlier than planned but you’re getting your ears pierced right now.  It is hard to believe I used to wear those painful headache-causing clip-ons for all those years back in the 1980’s. Back then, I was afraid of being outed at work so I continued to put up with the lack of variety and style options and stuck with clip ons when I went out at night.  My friends used to to tell me it was not a big deal...you’ll have no problems but I never listened.  They thought I was crazy for not getting my ears pierced.  So fast forward to a few months ago, my wife and I decided I’d finally get them pierced on Valentine’s Day, of course my wife had other plans.

There was a cute little 8 year old girl getting her ears done right before me.  She was a real trooper and teared up after the piercing but did not cry.  Her parents were so proud and the little girl was so happy.  So I was next, and luckily with two employees there, they were doing both ears simultaneously.  I sat down, they wiped down my ears with alcohol, drew on a dot and “bingo” the deed was done.  I absolutely love them.  They feel like they add a little extra femininity to my presentation.  I can’t  wait until I’m able to wear other styles besides these studs.  Now I have a whole new thing to shop for when I’m in the mood.

Here’s a pic of my ear so you can see the style I picked.  I got the 14ct. Gold studs so there’s a reduced chance of infection or reaction.

7BE1798C-84A3-46A2-ABB8-D04A7BFE4174.jpeg

AdriannaB

I was 8 when I had my ears pierced for the first time.Had studs put in that no one noticed.One thought I had was it was going to hurt bad.My mom said it was not going to hurt bad at all.I learned she was right,sat like a trooper and took it.Stung a just for a second

soyangela

Congratulations Susan! I got mine pierced back in October. I went this past weekend to the piercing place to get them removed so I can start wearing different earrings. They told me I need to wait for 6 months to make sure my ears are completely healed. I was a little bummed to hear that. But I've waited this long what is another 2 months.

Hugs,

Angela

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, soyangela said:

I got mine pierced back in October. I went this past weekend to the piercing place to get them removed so I can start wearing different earrings. They told me I need to wait for 6 months to make sure my ears are completely healed. I was a little bummed to hear that. But I've waited this long what is another 2 months.

Thanks Angela.  The people who did mine told me something similar.  They said I could change them out after six weeks but had to leave them in AT ALL TIMES for six months.  Morning noon or night they could not be removed except to change styles.  I have a lady that lives down the street who makes some beautiful custom earrings.  I told her I’d soon be a customer once this six week window ended.

Angela, what kind of studs did you end up getting?

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

I forgot to add...one of my biggest worries was sleeping with earrings on because I sleep mainly on my stomach.  I was pleasantly surprised that I never had a single issue last night sleeping. I couldn’t really feel them against the pillow unless I slid my head across which is not something I do normally.

The only noticeable behavioral change I’ve made is being very careful when toweling off my hair around my ear.  I forgot about having my earrings on and immediately felt a little soreness on my earlobe while drying my hair today at the gym this afternoon.

Other than that, it’s business as usual.

Susan R?

Congrats Susan they look great...

soyangela
16 hours ago, Susan R said:

Angela, what kind of studs did you end up getting?

My Best,

Susan R?

Hi Susan, I got small hoops with a little compression ball. I didn't like any of the studs they had at the piercing place. I religiously did the hot water and then dial antibacterial soap to make sure they healed fast.

Hugs,

Angela

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, soyangela said:

Hi Susan, I got small hoops with a little compression ball.

The place I got my piercings done had a choice of yellow gold or white gold 1/2” diameter hoop as a starter and I really wanted those over what I got.  I was concerned about sleeping with them on being that I’m a stomach sleeper most of the night.

TC,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Nice ! 

Enjoy Susan :)

Cyndee 

• Forum Moderator
56 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

Nice ! 

Enjoy Susan :)

Cyndee 

Thanks Cyndee.  You’re a sweetie!

soyangela
1 hour ago, Susan R said:

The place I got my piercings done had a choice of yellow gold or white gold 1/2” diameter hoop as a starter and I really wanted those over what I got.  I was concerned about sleeping with them on being that I’m a stomach sleeper most of the night.

TC,

Susan R?

The ones I got are surgical steel (silver). I sleep on my side and at first they hurt a little bit. But I think they were just healing from being pierced. I can't even feel them now. The ones I have are about 1/2" diameter. I want to get new hoops a little larger and wider for everyday use since I haven't fully transitioned.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Susan.  I'm sure you're happy.  Don't worry about your sleeping position as you'll get used to the sensation at your lobes.  Its never bothered me except when I've forgotten to swap out some larger hoops or dangles for the studs I wear at night.

Hugs, Jani 

• Forum Moderator

@Jani thank you!  Yes, I am happy...and just like my transition, I wish I had done it years ago.  Oh well, we do what we can, when we can.

Thanks again,

Susan R?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)

• Emily michelle
    • KendraML
    • QuestioningAmber
    • VickySGV
    • Dana Michelle
    • Shay
    • DeeDee
    • Jackie C.
    • DonkeySocks
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

alexhimari
    Newest Member
    alexhimari

1. Kendra Chelsea
      Kendra Chelsea
    2. Lou Lamoureux
      Lou Lamoureux
      (19 years old)
    3. Petra Jane
      Petra Jane
      (60 years old)
    • KendraML
      Last night was great,met some new girlfriends last night.They are like me,have lived their lives as happy males that enjoy living and dressing as women fulltime.Did get to know me more and went very well.Meet up every Monday night.They are also married with supportive wives.Wife is coming next week with me to meet them and they want to meet her
    • QuestioningAmber
      @Shay I am sure you will find outfits that you will look cute in, it will take time and finding what fits your style
    • Dana Michelle
      I had my first session of genital electrolysis today. Today I had the hair around the base of the penis treated and on Thursday I will have the perineum treated. I actually found the pain much milder than on my face. My electrologist said most clients find genitals more painful. It was difficult to apply the numbing cream (today I put it on both the perineum and penis because I didn't know how much the electrologist could get done during the appointment). On the perineum I can't see where I'm applying it while I'm applying it. I have to go back and forth between applying and looking in a mirror. Also, walking and sitting cause the cream and plastic wrap to move around so I had to reapply it. In another thread I talked about the possibility of getting erect https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/81268-electrolysis-while-erect/ . Unfortunately, I did get fully erect at the beginning of my appointment. However, the electrologist didn't react to it or seem offended. Around the beginning, she told me not to get embarrassed and that she's done this many times before. She probably said this before noticing that I was erect. It was while I was on the table without pants but while she was preparing. The erection was the part I found embarrassing. Hopefully being noticeably embarrassed made my electrologist realize that I didn't want the erection. She also found the diagram unclear. It said to clear a strip 2.5 inches wide starting 1 inch above the anus but didn't say how long of an area to clear. I e-mailed my surgeon and hopefully will get a response in time. It's 3 1/2 hours after the end of the appointment and I still feel numb in part of my genitals. It doesn't last nearly that long on my face. I hope it's not a problem. I have the least feeling in the glans of the penis but didn't put any numbing cream on that area. Strange.  
    • Shay
      @QuestioningAmber glad you look cute in the outfit.   Sadly that's a feeling I will never experience but I sure am glad for you. 👍 thank you for your kind words about my brother. I wasn't that close but mortality is something that hits closer when one losses a sibling.
    • MomTGDaughter
      Hello Margie, how are things going with your daughter. has she started to transition?  As a mother in the same position as you. I am here to support you.  
    • KymmieL
      I don't visit for a day and things happen. @Shay sorry for the loss of your older brother.   @Emily michelleLike everyone else. Hope your wife gets through this soon.     Well as I said earlier, yesterday was my 35th wedding anniversary also the 14th anniversary of my father passing. I think he passed on that day to spite us. everything was nice. We both worked and went for a beautiful dinner. I do believe that my wife may have alzhimers She said something last evening that I knew was totally wrong. Of course, I cannot remember what.   So today the FNG got Chinese delivered. He tosses me a fortune cookie. It is totally correct for me. "A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"   Hugs, to all.   Kymmie
    • KathyLauren
      I voted in our municipal elections last week.  They had online voting, and it was pretty painless.  I had to talk to the returning officer and send a copy of my name change certificate, to get my name updated on the voting register.   Definitely get out there and vote, y'all.
    • QuestioningAmber
      @Shay My condolences on your loss, I know losing a loved on is hard, and the closer you are the harder it is.   @Emily michelle Hopefully you come up negative and your wife bounces back quickly and well.   @Willow I concur on the remembering the guidelines and getting your vaccinations.   Today has been strange, I have felt good and kind of cute with the outfit I am wearing. I am still feeling calm since starting HRT, which my therapist was kind of surprised by because she said too much can cause anxiety, so I don't know. I have two remaining family members to come out to, then I have come out to everyone that I will do until I socially transition and go full time. My mom is already trying to talk about what my plans are for Thanksgiving, and we aren't at Halloween, lol.
    • KathyLauren
      @ShayI am sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.   @Emily MicheleI hope your wife has a speedy recovery, and that you stay healthy.
    • Aidan5
    • Jackie C.
    • Jackie C.
      Voted at the city clerk's office two weeks ago Thursday.   Also, had to move this to a more appropriate topic area. Sorry 'bout that but rules are rules. I went with general because this thread is non-partisan in any way. It's just, "Please do your civic duty." I'll move it again if it gets political.   Hugs!
    • TrIIIy
      Great hair style. Seems to fit your head shape well.
    • TrIIIy
      @Heather NicoleI’ve been on testosterone for nine months, and I have noticed more physical changes than mental or emotional ones. I thought that I would feel different on T, but for the most part, I just cry less easily and am preoccupied by certain types of *thoughts*. That in itself is a pretty big change, though, since I’ve never had much of a libido.    I imagine that I appreciate the physical changes more than your average cis male, since I have always wanted them but was given a different type of puberty. I admit that the sheer amount of hair is a lot to process as someone who used to shave their legs. The voice change is my favorite aspect of the second puberty by far.    Overall, I look more different on the outside than I feel on the inside, which I like.
    • Teri Anne
      Cruise the plus sizes rather than trying to make your gut fit in reg sizes.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.