• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

monthy

liamorwilliam

im nearing a breakdown, it was extremely embarrassing-

i caught my sister's cycle (like always) and when I asked my stepmom for a pad she didn't have any and we had to drive all the way to Walgreens for it and i looked like -crap- and the whole time I just wanted to cry and yell and honestly i felt like an emotional out of control 4 year old

it was -crap- and tomorrow I have school and i learned how to use a tampon (I think? Is it supposed to hurt?) 

how can I deal with my monthly? i get crying it out is healthy and all but jfc i -censored- hate this, i cant go on birth control and even that wont guarantee this stopping 

I don't know what to say, honestly. I wish I could magically take your period away from you. I know how much it sucks. I used to get upset stomachs on mine, which made it even worse...

It's a good thing that you recognized how old you felt. Usually, when we're feeling wild, out of control emotions, we inch back into that child-like state. Also... are you SURE you want to be using tampons? I NEVER used tampons. I can't imagine walking with a constant reminder that you have a vagina LODGED IN YOUR VAGINA. (Oh wait. I can! Because I've used them before and they suck!) I'm laughing, but oh my god! Take it out, bro! Get pads! 

Dealing with it, ugh, well... there are a lot of piss options I could give you but nothing is going to make it feel any better, ever. 

The pain will always be there. :( 

1) Art Therapy, candles, piano music, and creating a calming, safe atmosphere for yourself (especially when the cramps arise). Find what soothes you and double down on the self-care when it's period time. Plushies, warm blankets, soft pillows. 

Does your sister know you're transgender? Your family? Talking about your pain to family members or close, safe, trusted friends will help you process how you feel and make your emotions feel more valid. I also highly recommend getting an LGBT+ therapist if you want to go into more in-depth conversations with a confidant.

2) Find something that makes you feel like a MAN, do some push-ups, build something, watch football, listen to rock music, SOMETHING, anything masculine. 

These don't actually cure what's going on, but they're the only things I can think of at the moment...

I also recommend getting a calendar or a planner (a manly one) and keeping track of your period. How long it lasts, pain levels, etc. It will help you get a general idea of when to expect that period and to be more prepared in the long-run.

Take care.

41 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I don't know what to say, honestly. I wish I could magically take your period away from you. I know how much it sucks. I used to get upset stomachs on mine, which made it even worse...

It's a good thing that you recognized how old you felt. Usually, when we're feeling wild, out of control emotions, we inch back into that child-like state. Also... are you SURE you want to be using tampons? I NEVER used tampons. I can't imagine walking with a constant reminder that you have a vagina LODGED IN YOUR VAGINA. (Oh wait. I can! Because I've used them before and they suck!) I'm laughing, but oh my god! Take it out, bro! Get pads! 

Dealing with it, ugh, well... there are a lot of piss options I could give you but nothing is going to make it feel any better, ever. 

The pain will always be there. :( 

1) Art Therapy, candles, piano music, and creating a calming, safe atmosphere for yourself (especially when the cramps arise). Find what soothes you and double down on the self-care when it's period time. Plushies, warm blankets, soft pillows. 

Does your sister know you're transgender? Your family? Talking about your pain to family members or close, safe, trusted friends will help you process how you feel and make your emotions feel more valid. I also highly recommend getting an LGBT+ therapist if you want to go into more in-depth conversations with a confidant.

2) Find something that makes you feel like a MAN, do some push-ups, build something, watch football, listen to rock music, SOMETHING, anything masculine. 

These don't actually cure what's going on, but they're the only things I can think of at the moment...

I also recommend getting a calendar or a planner (a manly one) and keeping track of your period. How long it lasts, pain levels, etc. It will help you get a general idea of when to expect that period and to be more prepared in the long-run.

Take care.

Ugh, I can't edit... but I said I'd never used tampons followed up by "I've used tampons". My mind pushed it out of my head. The memories of me trying to use them are traumatic... seriously, please don't use them. There is no worse option for something that already brings you dysphoria. Don't make the situation worse. Please, love yourself and your body and go buy those pads instead.

If it's any consolation, testosterone is at it's highest when... *ahem*... that time happens. 

Try and get your mind off it, create something, work out, do what you have to do to forget about it. I've never been able to use them, but some guys prefer them since they don't have to see anything when using the washroom. You could also ask your mom for maybe a smaller size or if she has tips for proper insertion. If it still hurts, I'd transition to pads.