• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Robin68

Weight Loss

Robin68
On 2/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Astrid said:

Well, first of all, keep in mind that as a non-binary person, my goal was to try microdosing estradiol (patches) as a way to address dysphoria, not to do MtoF transition. 

This is an important point. I certainly relate to the feeling of dysphoria and it just may be that I need to talk out this self-identity question before I proceed with HRT. Thank you so much @Astrid for providing all this excellent detail. It is good to know you are satisfied with what you are getting. 😊   It sounds like you have an excellent doctor. 

Hugs,

Robin68

ShawnaLeigh
On 2/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, JoniSteph said:

My Electrologist doesn't recommend going any further until we see if HRT will thin my facial hair somewhat

Im waiting on this too for the same reason.  Plus I cant afford it out of pocket right now.

JoniSteph
4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:
On 2/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, JoniSteph said:

My Electrologist doesn't recommend going any further until we see if HRT will thin my facial hair somewhat

Im waiting on this too for the same reason.  Plus I cant afford it out of pocket right now.

I can't afford it either right now. I am looking at too many other potential costs to even get started on HRT and rid myself of some of self-destroying dysphoria. One of which is multiple sessions with a psychologist @$180-200 per hour. Income is fixed so trying to watch the expenses knowing what is ahead. Just in a bad spot atm emotionally trying to do 1 day at a time.

I am so happy to read of others progressions and can offer offer nothing but great support in their trials as well, even if I dont respond very much. I am lurking, reading and cheering you all on. Have faith in all.

Big Canadian Hug

JoniSteph

Robin68
On 2/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Astrid said:

I have male pattern baldness to contend with, and have been using Minoxidil and Finasteride (the latter via prescription) for about 8 months now.  With the additional boost of estrogen, I'm beginning to see hints of fuzz.  It will likely never be fully restored, but it's a nice feeling, and a further reason I'd like to continue microdosing, if I can.

Predictably, because I am near your age, I also am developing patches of baldness primarily on the back of my head. I also have a receding hairline in front. But despite this, I still have quite a bit of hair on my head. It is encouraging to know that you have experienced some restoration of "fuzz" as an apparent result of taking estrogen. However, when I have cross-dressed, I have always worn a wig because it greatly enhances my feminine look. This was always true even when I had tons of natural hair in my 20's. 

Hugs,

Robin68

Astrid
8 hours ago, Robin68 said:

I have always worn a wig because it greatly enhances my feminine look. 

It's been my conscious decision not to wear a wig thus far, primarily because I currently *want* to feature non-binariness (for me, that means aspects of both male and female appearance) rather than attempting to pass as a cisgender woman. Sometimes that means recognizing there are incongruities that come with that, like the humorous definition of an optimist as a balding guy with a ponytail 😎.  Only...I'm no longer a guy...

But sometime down the road I will take a serious look at a quality wig, if only because it can substantially change how I'm perceived. 

Hugs 

Astrid 

Robin68
3 hours ago, Astrid said:

But sometime down the road I will take a serious look at a quality wig, if only because it can substantially change how I'm perceived. 

I certainly believe it does for me and of course, what's right for me may not work for you. I might be reaching for something you don't want, at least not as a total transformation.

I am feeling my way along this path so I am not ready for GRS yet, and I may never be. But I think I am interested and ready for HRT and am looking into BBL right now also. This is my journey and it may not match yours exactly. 😊

Astrid
12 hours ago, Robin68 said:

This is my journey and it may not match yours exactly. 

...which is exactly as it should be! 😊

Best of luck on your journey.

Astrid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• Ronin82
    • Astrid
    • Willow
    • MaryEllen
    • J.Ryan
    • Markjvp
    • MaryMary
    • Aidan5
    • Cyndee
    • Mike P
    • KymmieL
    • KathyLauren
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mike P
    Newest Member
    Mike P

1. Carolyn Marie
      Carolyn Marie
      (66 years old)
    2. Makayla2019
      Makayla2019
    3. SteamGirlEva
      SteamGirlEva
      (30 years old)
    • KymmieL
      Good Friday morning everyone. Well my Friday anyway. Actually slept good last night only had to get up once to pee. I wore sleep pants and seemed to help keep me warm. vs what I usually wear which is very little. Then again We didn't have a cold wind pounding on the bedroom wall all night.   Now I know the reason I hate closing. It can be boring. which it was last night. Got most of the closing done early then nothing.   Everyone stay warm as normal.   Kymmie
    • Aidan5
      Welcome to the forum!   I think it's awesome that you are here and my dad is also a navy chief!! I find it really cool. 
    • TammyAnne
      Good morning everyone! Beautiful sunrise this morning, coffee is finished and I'm feeling energetic. Well, a little anyway. Been sleeping well the past few nights. But also having interesting dreams in which I go in for Orchidectomy surgery. One dream had me having three testicles to remove! I'm about to get my day started, so let me wish you all well! TA
    • TammyAnne
      Aloha chief! Welcome to our little ohana! TA
    • Charlize
      As an old Tom Baker fan i couldn't help but share this.  What fun!  Maybe a long pink, white and baby blue scarf?   https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/02/23/doctor-who-rebecca-root-first-transgender-companion-boy-meets-girl/?fbclid=IwAR31VTt3aSUTETpbz2AmIojGk3Kf4M4XXgCwOS9dH1svrMc5Es4cPKl859c   Hugs,   Charlize    
    • secondlook
      I have a new problem now. When I came out to my wife, I had only been aware of my true self for a couple of weeks. My thoughts up until coming out had been dominated by how I would explain it to her, how I could be sensitive and understanding and try to soften the blow as best I could. That meant that I hadn't done a lot of thinking about how I wanted to explore becoming the real me going forward.   So when she started asking me questions, I didn't have a lot of great answers, and now it seems that something I said that I thought was true at the time is now not entirely true. I told her that my need to become a woman physically wasn't about cross-dressing, that I had never cross-dressed and that I wasn't thinking about it in the future. I told her I could envision myself wearing largely the same kinds of outfits that I do now, jeans and button-down shirts.   But now as I research and come to grips with the fact that any kind of physical transformation is years in the future, no matter how well I deal with the obstacles in front of me, the idea of seeing how feminine I can make myself with my current body becomes more and more appealing. I'm reading fashion articles with interest for the first time in my life. I've got a number of feminine pieces of clothing and accessories sitting in my Amazon shopping cart.   I worry that disclosing this reversal, so soon after the shock of my coming out, will undermine the remarkable emotional progress that she has made up to now. But as long as I keep it quiet, I'm being deceptive again. This is the catch-22: my exploration of this new side of myself seems to be happening faster than she can emotionally process it, leaving me in the position of having to choose between damaging revelations or merciful deception. These seem like equally bad options. 
    • Markjvp
      Thank you for answering my first question but so far except for having someone to talk to I’ve done it my way so far is playing or watching something it works but not all the time even if I play or watch something again it can work or can fail once I can I’ll experiment more like trying art without art class but for now I guess that’s how I’ll cope or fight with the negative but that also means needing new things to play and to watch    I’ll try it soon and for what @Sarahnr1 said yea it’s a hit and miss thing hopefully when I need to replace my already comfortable pair I can find one   and for the last one thank you I’m most likely going to socially transition first once I can and if I still feel gender fluid or trans (yes the 2 feelings won’t go away and I think the feeling of being trans is rising up again so I might change my gender on the site to trans again
    • secondlook
      I agree with the others that there are going to be times where it's OK to let yourself feel negative, as long as your thoughts don't spiral into bad directions. When I do manage to pull myself out of a funk, it's usually by looking for small victories, whether it's finding joy in a moment where I feel even slightly more feminine than normal, or in reading a post here that reminds me of my life and seeing that someone else overcame the exact challenges that I'm facing now.   My dysphoria is ramping up at an alarming rate, but I'm using that as fuel. I'm a problem-solver by nature, and I'm motivated. It's just a matter of finding solutions. 
    • Charlize
      Welcome Trisha.  I found this journey much easier with the help of others on the same road.  Glad you've joined us here.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Donnie_1961
      Good Morning! I just got home from work. I started the coffee maker. (It's programmable. But that's kinda like programming your vcr. It's a no brainier to just hit the record button.) I let my cell phone at work yesterday. But I survived a day without. I'm not one of those people who would have a nervous breakdown if I didn't have my phone. Good night at work. Nobody died. Didn't have to send anyone to the hospital. And nobody fell out of bed. All my patients slept. With the exception of one patient who is as much a night owl as I am. He just visited with me all night, drank coffee and I allowed him to go outside for the occasional cigarette. He also had some laundry for me to do. I usually do about 7 loads of sheets and bedding a night when things are quiet. Then I fold bibs, napkins and table cloths. I'm not much for sitting around  doing nothing. I like to keep busy. I do my patient rounds every two hours and make sure everyone is ok.  I received a nice gift from the members of the resident council. A brand new coffee cup. I'll get some use out of it.   I've got a few thing to do this morning then I'll catch some shuteye before going back in tonight. Y'all have a wonderful day!   Be safe. Be smart.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Welcome to TP and I love the enthusiasm!   Your will make a great addition to our family!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      You certain did not do anything to me or made me feel uncomfortable whatsoever.  I chose to tell you (and everyone) all on my own.   I am proud of the young man I was trying to be and I was successful at it.  But I am not one to boost or brag and that is the only thing that makes me feel odd as what I tell people of my past does come off that way   To me anyways. Like I mentioned.  My life between high school and now is a very different story and most of it was horrible.  I made so many mistakes that hurt so many families I was a part of.  I have asked forgiveness from everyone and had received it and I eventually had forgiven myself but it still all happened and I try to just move on from it all. Being myself now is truly what I needed and work hard to achieve. But the struggle is real.  
    • Chrysalis
      Good morning and what a good topic!   I began HRT just over 3 years ago. I wear Estradiol patches******mg w/ ****mg. Twice Weekly). As well, I've on a T Blocker for some time now.   My first recollection concerned how my heart reacted. On the first morning after filling the script, I applied a single **** patch and then went about drawing away at the computer. In very little time, my heart suddenly thought it was Ginger Baker and began the breakneck drum solo called 'Toad' from Cream's 'Wheels of Fire' album. I went into a sweaty panic over that! A number of medical people who seemed to have a less than positive views towards my gender aspiration had tormented me with tales of how HRT in a male bodied patient often leads to heart attacks. I do know one very opened minded nurse who, when I asked about this replied: "So? Wouldn't you be willing to risk that to become the real you?"   Obviously I survived quite nicely.    I am in my 60's and was already becoming thin skinned from age; the estrogen has only enhanced that and now, if not careful, I'll peel like an onion.    I don't recall when it began, but at some point I found myself waking up in the night and having to throw off the blankets and just lying there in a sweat and wondering what the heck. I'd read on line about the possibility of 'hot flashes' but thought that I might just be imagining things. I thought of Edith Bunker on 'All In The Family' going through the change and new that I wasn't as tragicomically daffy as she was. I have both sleep and emotional issues and was sure the problem came from there.  Finally, at my therapist's one session, I suddenly felt flushed all over and asked if she'd turned up the heat? She looked at my strangely and simply said 'No'. However. She was staring at me as if though a microscope.  (And btw: there are no thermostats in Providence exam cubes!) I complained abut how hot it had all at once gotten and began unbuttoning my winter layers. My therapist's eyes smiled as her hand went up to cover her mouth.  I glared back with watering eyes and in a cracking voice yelled:  "This isn't funny!" (Expletive omitted.) She removed her hand and with a laugh snapped back: "Well, welcome!"   Chrysee
    • KathyLauren
      The international agreements that govern passports allow the X, but they do require some kind of gender marker.    Canada also allows an X on passports, but they do warn that this is considered unsafe in some countries, and that travellers should be cautious about going to those places.
    • Sarahnr1
      1 )  lets just say i had to learn and accept and adapt  that this  is part  of  my  MANY  diagnosis (Severe  Anxiety /Severe  Depression  etc.......  . But  i would say you need to find a goal /perpouse  in life prefably something you actually can achive  some day somehow and  when things feel tough  think of that goal perpouse .   and last try to find  something  you can do  and that you love doing  and that makes  you happy  doing  (obviesly legal ) that will be youre breathing  hole. For ex  i LOVE animals  its my whole reason to breath  .well due to certain unfortunate circumstances   beyound  my control i was recently   last  year   forced to stop  having own pets   and i was  devistated and ready to leave this earth (thats when i was  upgraded to Severe  on the above diagnosis  + Severe  on sucidal  as well from being  Sucidal  all my life ) ANYWAY   long story short   i searched all around for something  new  to live for  and  i found  out i was  resonably  close  (by car )   to Swedens  BEST  Zoos  so i now  have  switched from having to have my own  to the GREATEST   animal heavens  possible   and go on two  tripps  EVERY month  and THATS what is my breathing  hole (and  TRUST me  NOTHING i had or could have at home  comes even close to what i get on this tripps  )         2 ) Shoes  are a tough one  and  its  usely a  hit and miss   so the best advice i can give is  you have to  try and  hope  it works   (ive lost count on how many misses i had thru the years         3  )  I agree with J. Ryan here you DONT have to go all the way to transition many decides to stop  whenever  on the road due to many different  reasons and thats  okey as well so no rules  about that.           
  • Upcoming Events