• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Viv Element

Pictures

The Viv Element

I wanted to save a monthly photo of myself on here so I can see the improvements I make over the years but i'm not sure where i would save them on here. I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out lol unless there isn't an option then whoopsies

Jackie C.

I'd make a gallery and date them. Simple and to the point.

Hugs!

TammyAnne

The gallery feature allows you to save images that aren't available to the general public. If you have questions, I'll try to help, or Jackie (or one of the other mods) can probably give you a quick tutorial. I'm only marginally competent.

TA

The Viv Element

LOL thanks guys, I made this post and then saw the gallery tab right after 🥴 Ignore this post! 

Jani
2 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

Ignore this post! 

No!  It will help others who have the same question.

The Viv Element

I can't seem to make my pictures private, Like i saw the privacy option but the only privacy option it had was "Everyone can see this album", there is no "only me" & i tried clicking on it because I thought it would 'uncheck' the option but it didn't do that either.  

VickySGV
1 hour ago, The Viv Element said:

I can't seem to make my pictures private, Like i saw the privacy option but the only privacy option it had was "Everyone can see this album"

Only actual members of the Forums can see the pictures in your albums unless you import them into these posts here.  Non Members get a warning that they do not have permission to view them, that is why I tell members to "LINK" the pictures into these posts instead of inserting them.  Mod's and Admins are "All Seeing" in the Galleries anyway.  I saw your picture and it looks like you have something to show off.  If you are following our rules about what you can put in the Galleries you should not have any problems, and if someone gives you a problem, let the Mods or Admins know via PM and we have ways of fixing things.

The Viv Element

I'm removing my album then... since some photos won't necessarily be appropriate down the road since i'll eventually want a reminder of what my bare body looked like at one point... I think instagram has an archive for photos to keep them out of public hands so I'll try that. 

Also, I may have something to show off but it's the personality that counts ❤️ Thank you Vicky!!

2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I saw your picture and it looks like you have something to show off.

Jani

Can't you just keep them in a specific folder in your phone?  That way they're not out in the inter web.

Alex C

Good Call Jani. Viv put into a folder in computer or phone that way only you see then. You put then on gram and they easy to hack into

The Viv Element

Yes I've already done that, I even have an 2.5" 750 GB HDD dedicated to my entire life photos with family and just everything, even some brainstorming for projects and such are on there still haha. But the problem is i'm afraid of my storage devices potentially becoming corrupted/water damage/lost, like i lost a phone with some invaluable pictures and video on a road trip about 3 years ago before i could back them up to my HDD 😭 So I wanted an online storage for my albums that way if anything happened to them, i can get them back. So i made an entirely new account on instagram, where as it's private & i'm not going to add anyone with that account. Then i'm going to archive the photos so it's like another wall from the public, i set a 2 factor authentication and an entirely new email account just for the account. I feel 99% confident they'll be safe now! 😋 

VickySGV
2 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

So I wanted an online storage for my albums

I have a couple of external hard drives for that reason, and one of them is in a fire resistant lock box except when I am synchronizing it with my HD.   Google has a storage place on the Cloud for that, as well as Adobe apps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)

• ShawnaLeigh
    • Jackie C.
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Yurian Ariake
    • TrIIIy
    • KathyLauren
    • Iamrhonda
    • Bree76
    • MaryMary
    • A. Dillon
    • WaxingPoetic
    • Stacie
    • Miss Bunny
    • secondlook
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Carrie Davidson
    Newest Member
    Carrie Davidson

1. Alice
      Alice
      (30 years old)
    • secondlook
      I support this idea!
    • MaryMary
      yeah, my ex has gone trough similar things. It's not just us that transition, other people also have to adapt. I observe that often when a SO learn we are transgender there's often a kind of mourning period/adaptation period they have to go trough. It's cool that she's making efforts and it's also cool you let her process that and give her space to adapt. What she is going trough is normal I think. My ex is an expert at writing and I sometimes say semi jokingly that she should write a book for SO
    • secondlook
      This is me to the letter. I hated that guy for so long, and now that I know who I am, I have nothing but forgiveness and appreciation for how hard he tried to do something impossible. He had to invent himself out of thin air and try to function as a person.
    • Jani
      OH, don't say that!  
    • KathyLauren
      I never used MySpace, but I, too, remember Compuserve.  And what a big deal it was when I upgraded my 1200 baud modem to 9600 baud.!   OK, I'm old.
    • secondlook
      Here's a particularly relevant passage from the second link:     (I removed the citations from the original paragraph to make it easier to read)
    • secondlook
      My wife is still really upset about learning that I am transgender. Just last night she was sobbing about it. But at the same time she is trying so hard to be supportive. When I mentioned that a family member had said something transphobic over the weekend, she got mad at herself for having missed it and was truly sympathetic about how it must have hurt me.    When I noted, in hopefully a non-accusatory way, that she has at times seemed a little bit skeptical about my coming out, she admitted that she was. But then she admitted that she might just be in denial. I told her it was OK if she was in denial, it's only been a few weeks for her and I was in denial for decades!   Then this morning, she came home from an appointment and shared a story she'd read online about a young teen struggling with gender identity. So clearly she's going out of her way to educate herself and understand what's going on.   The thing she was upset about yesterday was that I had shaved my legs, and she asked me not to shave my other body hair just yet. She wants time to adjust. I think that's totally fair and reasonable. I don't want to leave her behind, I want us to navigate this together.
    • TammyAnne
      Another former smoker here. I've been quit for so long that it's completely behind me. But in the early days of quitting I was very repulsed by smoke. Now I just move away from it. But then many parts of the country smoking is becoming rarer. TA
    • Jani
      I used to skate on the lake we live on when I was younger also.  So much fun!  When I was in the Navy I worked the night shift; it has a different vibe to it than days or afternoons.  Enjoy your nap later on.  Have a good day Donnie!
    • TammyAnne
      Well it's actually just a play on the Boston accent: party is pronounced "pahty" sounding like "potty." I for one don't party in the potty. TA
    • secondlook
      I found a couple of links through a cursory search:   https://www.hrc.org/blog/new-study-reveals-shocking-rates-of-attempted-suicide-among-trans-adolescen https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/4/e20174218   I haven't looked closely at these to see how high the quality of the research was.
    • TammyAnne
      Hi there and welcome! I think lots of us cautiously stuck our toes in the water at the outset. It's okay to have confused feelings. It's okay to be unsure. It's okay to change your mind - more than once even. TA
    • Jani
      I remember CompuServe!  How did we ever survive on dial up??  I never had a MySpace account but my son did.  It was all the rage at the time.  We've come a long way.
    • Suzanne1
      I chose to place this post in the General Forum (i.e., as opposed to the suicide prevention forum), since relates more to simple academic curiosity.   "Most transgender people have attempted suicide at least once in their lives."   I've read the above quotation so many times.  It seems like a truism to be included in any casual reading about the transgender population.  However, it occurs to me that I've never actually seen reference to a study in any of the scientific literature.  I'm assuming that proper studies do exist, and that one can likely assume that I've just never run across any?  Seems like it could be a complicated subject though; lots of reasons for suicide attempts; probably lots of suicidal-ideations sans attempts; and, there are certainly co-morbid conditions that aren't just secondary to intra-psychic distress caused by gender dysphoria; also, .  Again, just curiosity on my part; just trying to learn something.   Anyone have any citations (i.e., other than pop-psych surveys)?  I'm a goodly distance from a university library, and there's a limit to what I can research through the internet.
    • TammyAnne
      First of all, I hope your surgery goes well and that you will feel all the better for it. Then comes the screed: The better overall physical condition you can be in, the better your outcome will be as far as resistance to pain. It's preached by the armed forces to the point of insanity sometimes, but there is some truth to it. A strong healthy body recovers from trauma faster. That shouldn't mean suddenly quadruple your exercise regimen. But having regular physical activity that is balanced between strength, cardiovascular and endurance will make things easier. For myself, between knee surgeries I had over a year to get ready for the second one, which included both weight loss and muscle strength gain. Recovery from the first surgery was prolonged and difficult. The second surgery I was up and around faster, more aggressive with physical therapy and recovered in half the time of the first. It's still going to hurt, but feeling healthy in your skin improves your frame of reference. TA
  • Upcoming Events