• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

questioning if i could be transgender

Kitty

i first started questioning my gender in november

In the end of december i started identifying as bigender but im not sure that label fits me anymore.

i dont wear feminine clothes anymore

ive been asking my close friends to use Sam and male pronouns for me insted of Josie and female pronouns

i hate my shoulder length hair and am getting a boys hair cut on saturday

dressing masculine makes me very happy

i bind to make my chest apper flatter

i felt uncomtrable when i was in a room filled with girls and we where told that we would be going on a girls only feild trip

i find it weird to look at myself in the mirror

i wonder if i am and am just scared that the people i care about will treat me diffrent if i am

• Forum Moderator
59 minutes ago, Kitty said:

i wonder if i am and am just scared that the people i care about will treat me diffrent if i am

@Kitty You’re likely a little unsure of what others will think and how they’ll treat you.  Just because they may treat you differently doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.  They’re making mental adjustments to your changes too.  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t consider what others thought but it certainly no longer dictates what I do with myself, my time, or anything else that is important to my well being.

You can really benefit by concentrating on your destination and less of how it will affect others.  That way of thinking is a trap that kept me in a tiny box for years.  I realize how hard it is during the moment but if you take slow steps toward your goal it’s not as daunting.  If making some modifications in your presentation is making YOU feel better about yourself then why not focus more on this positive?  Its OK to be You,

My Best,

Susan R?