• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Astrid

Tell Me

Astrid

Tell Me

Don't tell me "you're effeminate"
Don't tell me "you're wearing...a... barrette???"
Don't tell me through your widening frown that you've spotted my nail polish
Don't tell me how I don't meet your expectations -- that I should
Just
Be
Others

Tell me "you seem happier now"
Tell me "you're wearing sparkly shoes!!!"
Tell me through your widening smile that you accept the difference in me
Tell me with your hug that I am accepted -- 
Just
As
I
Am

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)

• KayC
    • Billy
    • Billie
    • Charlotte Sparkle
    • Katharina
    • Christinajane
    • KathyLauren
    • DeeDee
    • Shay
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

GreyingRaven
    Newest Member
    GreyingRaven

1. benzenemess
      benzenemess
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🐀   Happy birthday benzenemess!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Liam da potato
      I meant "not aligned on the.. line" XD Can I ask how u did that?? OoO
    • Liam da potato
      I don't know how u did that but it's really impressive if your ok with comments I' say that the nose with mouth are not really on the vertical line that separates the head in 2, if you understand what I mean. (not my drawing) Mouth and nose are like that \ and eyes like that | But seriously that's really good!
    • Liam da potato
      nice ^^, how about Loic? Stephen? Mathew Michael argh I can't put my eyes away OO
    • Chrysalis
      Bless you Sweetie. . .hang on 'til the sun comes back up!
    • Chrysalis
      I dressed someone else's feeling about that very same sort of thing. What i said then and strongly suggest now is that you find a gender therapist! Like alcohol counselors, it is most typically Gender Therapists are trans themselves and so have been through the early stages of doubt and confusion and come through with experience and the knowledge that provides.  Hope that offers you some hope and help?
    • jae bear
      Thank you girls for all the really kind and hilarious comments, a few of those I laughed out loud so hard I think it shook the walls! I’m sure I’ll get through it just fine, I’ve already mixed up the jug of horribleness and have everything ready for tomorrow morning. Not my first rodeo so I’ll just “go with the flow”! Hugs to you all! Jackie
    • KayC
      THANK YOU @Susan R.  Yes it DOES❣️❤️❤️❤️
    • KayC
      Hi Charlotte!  Yes, I might say that, but I guess what I was really saying is .. .You can identify however you want (or not).  Its your life .. your identity .. and don't worry if it changes as you discover more of yourself.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07/critical-resources-help-transgender-seniors-face-challenges-growing-older/   There are a lot more of us calendar-challenged sorts than many people realize.  Good info here.     Carolyn Marie
    • ToniTone
      Thank you Kay 💕   Tw/cw: so much. Sexual harassment, alcoholism, drug mention, suicidal ideation... I'll keep anything triggering I mention brief and vague. I don't really want to talk about it anyway.    So I haven't been active here for almost two weeks. I just caught up with all the posts I missed. Didn't introduce or say anything helpful to anyone. I've been so stressed, busy, tired... Anyway, sorry.    Transition wise I've been great. I feel more like a woman than ever.    Life in general not so great. My last paycheck, despite working 2/3 full time, was pathetic. I think the state is finally collecting on all my traffic violations. I'm dead broke.    The past few months I was in a poly relationship with two trans gf's and a cis bf. I more or less broke up with all of them on the 4th of july. Gf #1 just used me for money and had no desire to be intimate with me so I ditched her in the middle of the day. Gf #2 ghosted me like a month ago enough said. The bf and I had a wonderful 4th of july, neighbors setting off fireworks and magic everywhere, one of the best 4ths ever. But then later that night he assaulted me for lighting a cig in the house (like jumped on me and ripped it out my hand). It was pretty terrifying. So anyway that's done. Me and him still live together as roomates. We made up and are being civil. But he still kinda scares me. I dunno.   Another roomate, a 60 yo man, came onto me. Grabbed my butt and boobs, said he wanted to have sex later. I froze and just let it happen (the grabbing, not the sex). Anyway, he hasn't brought it up since. But between him and the ex-bf, being home is just scary. A couple nights later I went out to a nearby bar bc it was sunday and I was shook up and wanted a drink. Right away another 60 yo chaser started hitting on me and tried to tempt me with crack and meth to come to his place and do dirty. I slammed my drinks, let him talk his talk and walked out.    Then just the other night on the train on my way home from work, some homeless guy crept up right next to me, whipped out his peni and started jerking it while staring me down. I got up quick and ran to the other end of the car, then ran to the next car at the next train station.    I've been spending most of the past few weeks crying and not sleeping, hoping I don't become a statistic. I feel like I aged 15 years in two weeks. And I'm drinking again. And no, I don't want to talk about that in some sort of intervention kinda way. If I ever do I know there's the section on alcohol and substance abuse. It's the only solace I want or need right now. At least it hasn't violated me like the government or men have.    Anyway, I'm polishing off some rum and seltzer, cuddling with my cat and chilling to some vaporwave, so life is tolerable in this moment. Here's to another day...    ~Toni
    • Billy
      Hi everyone,  I have come out to my wife, brother and my close friends about being trans. It went quite well, maybe also because I felt I really need their help to get through this. My wife is a bit detached though.  Now what I was not so sure about when coming out was who exactly I am. I started with I think I am non-binary. But as I am trying to practice self-acceptance in these very low moments when I think my body is wrong and that I cannot get through this, it helped me to accept that I am a trans man.  Now I am not sure what to do next with this? I am feeling this great pressure to get better again as I am barely getting through the day (which is not good with two small kids). Also, I have not told my wife about my new findings.  Any advice would be very welcome.  A big hug to all of you!  Billy  
    • ElizabethStar
      I had a pretty good day today. Woke up at 4am (it's been happening a lot lately) made watermelon sorbet. I never tried making sorbet and I don't like watermelon. Must be a good combination though, cause I love it. Than I felt confident enough to strip down to a sports bra and short shorts and lay out to get some sun. after I woke from a short 20 minute nap and rolled over I found myself watching the clouds. A lot of them looked like dogs 🐶. I haven't done either in decades. And then I ran a few errands. I'm still getting used to people opening doors and asking me to go first when I'm out shopping. Oh, and I got new sandals. Now I can paint my toenails. Just not sure if I should paint them in the Helms flag pattern to match my fingers or something different.
    • Susan R
      Ah! Thank you Dinaki darling! My wife and I are sitting down getting ready to watch Greyhound tonight along with Visible Out On Television...and some Tortilla chips, sour cream and Pico de gallo salsa. Mmmmm! I wrote down these other shows too. Looks like maybe it’s a binge night..lol😜   Thank you, Susan R🌷
    • Cyndee
      That's an inventive six squared Jackie
  • Upcoming Events