• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Miss Bunny

Please be critical of me

Miss Bunny

Hello all, you have not been tainted by meeting me in person before, so I want brutal honesty.

If you are not honest, you won't be helping me.

I want to hear, precisely how old you think I am in this undoctored picture taken in my kitchen last year. And I want to know exactly how well you think I pass in the view offered.

I am so well known in town, that I have NO idea if what I am being told is accurate, or merely 'nice'.

So have at it please. What do you think.

20190308_104639.jpg

A. Dillon

I think that you look in your late thirties, looking good for 40+, and that you pass really well. I have neighbors that look more like a man then you do, I would immediately think "she"

TammyAnne

I "read" your photo as she/her without any hesitation. Wish I had your eyebrows. Mine look like bushy caterpillars parked up there!

TA

KathyLauren

I would guess your age as 40-ish.  You pass really well.  However, the tiara would be overkill in most social situations, and could 'out' you, if it was not in keeping with the dress code for the occasion.

Miss Bunny

Yeah, I'm told my tiara likely screws up the illusion.

MetaLicious
1 hour ago, Miss Bunny said:

I want to hear, precisely how old you think I am in this undoctored picture taken in my kitchen last year. And I want to know exactly how well you think I pass in the view offered.

I'm going to be honest - I'm a terrible judge of age, but I'd guess you were in your mid-30s, thereabouts.  As for passing, were I to have run into, I'd have no cause to think you trans.  Your face has a feminine roundness and softness to it, and the smile brings it together.

(Now that I have made my judgement, I read the other posts.  I wanted to put my own thoughts forward before I was biased by anyone else's...)

I agree on the tiara - it is totally not needed.  Unless you're playing Princess Bunny, of course!

Jackie C.

Woah, you look almost exactly like my favorite nurse from GCS. I mean if you were wearing blue scrubs and lost the tiara. I don't think I ever saw her wear a tiara.

I'm terrible at judging people's ages, but I'm going to say late 30's to early 40's? I'm going to say again that I'm terrible at this. I pegged my friend Rosanne at about my age where she's about ten years my senior. You never can tell. We all age differently.

Hugs!

Maid In Bedlam

You want brutal honesty? Be careful what you wish for.

Heres my opnion for what its worth.

makeup is great. You have got that sorted well. How did you archieve the standard?

As mentioned Tiarra in some circumstances looks perfect however it really does depend on the situation. If your over 25 then it really isnt a good look unless your royalty.

Face shape is good.  and its lovely to see a nice shaped set of eyebrows. It can make you break the overall look.

Age wise. I would say if i see that picture between early 40,s max 45 years

My critisisms and the only ones would be as mentioned above. The tiarra. Also i think maybe  bangs would suit you face shape. Bangs hide a whole lot and can make your face look more softer. Not that it needs it but i think it would make you look younger.

Overall a very good representation. Its hard with just one picture but thats the conclusion i draw from it. I cant see anything that screams Maleness

I hope that is some use to you.

ShawnaLeigh

I see a women.  Yes to passing.  
I do agree with the tiara.  

Belle

I have a little bit extra since you want us to be critical. First I would probably only clock you if I was looking for it. But I would clock you if I was looking. Here's why:

1. The glasses are masculine IMO. I have that issue myself as mine are very similar.

2. The upper lip is thin. Try to plump it up with lipstick, lip plumper, and/or other techniques.

3. Pay attention to your hooded eyes and apply eye makeup accordingly. I have found Pinterest to be very helpful.

4. If you're not already, make sure you highlight and contour your nose to make it look smaller. We pretty much all have that issue. In particular I have a gigantic honker (yours is much smaller) and I will have to get rhinoplasty if I ever want to pass. But the right makeup helps tremendously.

You do look great, and I'm being picky 🙂

Belle ❤

Belle

Oh, and you have lipstick on your teeth.

VickySGV

Be ready here:  This link is part of my reply it is a pinned post here on the Forums that I made shortly after I came here 8 years ago. It applies directly to what you are asking. ---https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/43991-public-vs-picture/

A regular head band would be fine, even one with "blings" on it.  I did a little bit of adjusting to the picture and some of the lip issue seems to be camera exposure, but I would suggest just a darker shade of lip liner and maybe aa little deeper color.  I do not refer to or like the ideas associated with Passing, but the picture does present an acceptably female  person (the range of female looks is so very wide that it is easy to look acceptable even though we doubt that we look that way)   The point to me is how I will see you and think of you after speaking to you for 20 minutes or so.  Again, do read my link, and see what it really says.l

MaryMary

the saying that we are often our own worst critic is very true. I don't think I've ever looked at a photo of me and not cringe like... a lot. So the very fact that you post this photo and ask for critics is very courageous. And then on top of this Vicky dissect the photo like a pro (as always) god... as we say in my home town "tu es très courageuse" ;)

I love the picture. I think it's safe to say that I live in a different culture over here and the tiarra would not fly in any circompstances. Also, I'm a big glass fan and yours are not the most feminine, I think. You could get some pair that would be soooo much more cool :D Then we enter the even more subjective zone. The necklace is too small, too near the neck. If you could wear a longer one it would attract less attention to your neck? Maybe? I'm not seeing enough of the whole picture so it'S hard to say. I know that I'm always very aware of my big neck and head so maybe it's just me, lol Another thing that is very important is movement. I've seen (IRL) trans woman that "passed" very very well but were wearing high heels and walking in a very manly manner with them. I think it's important to be aware of that also : learning to move at the correct gracefullness level, lol

again, nice picture :)

Dana Michelle

I guessed 35 before reading others replies. After reading the other replies, it looks like most people guessed a few years older than that.

Jani

I also love this photo.  I don't have issue with your lipstick application and your nose is just like my spouses so no issue there.  I would go with either barrettes or the tiara (headband) but not both.   There are nice headbands without too much bling that would look nice.  Your glasses aren't bad but could be more feminine.   As to age, I'm terrible at this so I'll say younger than me! 

Jani

Robin68

Yeah, maybe 30 something. Your charming smile lights up your face with femininity. In so many of my photos, my expression is too serious. I guess I am not sure what "passable" means. I think if I believe I am attractive, I generate attractiveness. That's something I need work on but you appear to have that quality.

Hugs,

Robin68

Firenze

Definitely think you pass. As for age, I'd guess you are in your 40s. 

I don't know what the occasion is, but I think the tiara might be a little much, and may make you look a little "childish" in certain situations. Other than that, I think you pass quite well. 

Alex C

Hey 30ish no Tiara, mk up looks good. I don't believe in the word or statement of the phrase "PASSING". You look like a woman, you r woman, thus yr a woman, wish I had your hair, Great smile.

Krista
On 2/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, Miss Bunny said:

Hello all, you have not been tainted by meeting me in person before, so I want brutal honesty.

If you are not honest, you won't be helping me.

I am so well known in town, that I have NO idea if what I am being told is accurate, or merely 'nice'.

So have at it please. What do you think.

20190308_104639.jpg

I think you are pretty.  Just need th watch the lipstick on teeth.