• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Suggestion: Dark Mode?

Pallas

• Root Admin

If you can leave it with me, I will try to emulate that dark mode as an option.

In the meantime, those with Firefox might like to try Dark Reader plugin.

40 minutes ago, Petra Jane said:

Oh that works perfectly!

• Forum Moderator

Sounds totally goth.

Hugs,

Charlize

5 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

Thanks Petra. That works great :thumbsup:

• Admin

OK, I did it, but its not for me, how do I undo it?  Never mind, I found it up in the right hand corner of the page.

11 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

Whats with Dark Mode?  It seems like a UI trend or fad.    I can see in some situations it makes for a better experience.  But does it really have to show up in everything with a UI?

Personally, I began using computers back when the only mode was dark - green or smber text on an otherwise black screen.  When they came out with graphic UIs, the trend was to go with black text on a white background, like paper.  Paper, however, doesn't emit light, and I find white backgrounds give me a headache. For me, this trend has been ongoing for thirty years!

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to see a dark mode option. Seems Firefox on android doesn't have an option for Dark Mode ?

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, KlaraTi said:

I would also love to see a dark mode option. Seems Firefox on android doesn't have an option for Dark Mode ?

That was going to be my next thought.

It's pretty difficult to figure out (for me) where to tweak the colours for some of the boxes on the right hand side backgrounds. I was kinda hoping that the Firefox Dark Mode option would resolve most issues.

Ah well, back to the drawing board. ?

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Have found a couple of Dark Mode options, which look nice at first, then as I went further into them, problems started to arise. Both had issues with white text on a white background when replying to a topic.  So not really too good.

Have found a third one which seems to cover all bases, but is not free to obtain, and the worse thing is, it only works on a beta release of the forums software, which is not generally available as yet.

When it is and the forum updates, I'll add the option for those who wish me to do so, if there is sufficent interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Okay, Dark Mode implimented, use the Themes button at the bottom of the page and choose Dark Mode.

If you find any glaring errors please let me know in this topic, specifically for reporting issues please.

• Forum Moderator

I guess it's just a matter of habit and time but that's weird to me.  I can see the appeal as well and i might try again.

Hugs

• Root Admin
32 minutes ago, Charlize said:

I guess it's just a matter of habit and time but that's weird to me.  I can see the appeal as well and i might try again.

Hugs

It's a new option, doesn't mean you have to like or use it. ?