• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair Removal

WendyPeer

I have been trying this permanent hair removal cream. You have to apply it, and then scrape it. Right now my face is red and burns. I am hoping this goes away. Does anyone know why you would need electrolysis if there is cream which can get the job done. So far I have had just  a little stubble grow in, so I applied the cream again. What's you experience with permanent hair removal cream, does it work, can it work?

• Forum Moderator

All I can say is...This sounds very dangerous.  Battery acid would have the same effect I believe.  This to me, even without doing a single search, reminds me of snake oil salesman of old and their promises of quick and effortless cures for almost everything.  There’s a reason people spend thousand of dollars for electrolysis and laser hair removal...they are proven to work.  If this was a real working solution, I presume these expensive but proven methods would be out of business by now.  It sounds way to good to be true despite the side effects so it more than likely is.  Look at the ingredients and see what you’re putting on you face. If it doesn’t list the active ingredients, don’t put it on your face.  On that note,  did you test a small sample area or go for broke and cover your entire beard area?

I truly hope you have not done any permanent damage or scaring to your face.

Susan R?

To date I know of no creams that will "permanently" remove facial hair.  I know there are a few that slow growth after very prolonger use but it does not claim "permanently".  Working as a Biomedical Tech I do have access to a lot of information on such things.

If there was such a product I would do some serious research on it because facial hair is my biggest trigger for dysphoria... Sigh

I'm a strong candidate for electrolysis since I have mostly white to grey beard hairs and laser does not do well unless the hairs are darker.  So I have been told.

My big hang up is it is very expensive and takes a while but more so its the one thing I need that my insurance does not cover.  Gggrrrr...

I also know of nothing anyone can apply that will permanently remove hair.

I'm in the process of having laser hair removal done, and I was surprised how ouchy the treatment is. If there were something effective available in cream form I'm sure I'd have heard of it by now.

As others said, be careful. You don't want to scar yourself!

TA