• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

success!

luke_b

So my study abroad program got canceled because of corona and I had to return to the states, but at least I got 7 weeks out of the 18. When I cam home on Monday, my mom greeted me with a "WHERE IS MY SON" and I was gonna almost cry I was so happy. She's been trying pretty hard to call me my name, my pronouns, and to everyone (my sister and my dad). My sister remembers when convenient for her and my dad is sorta trying ig, but its more than I could have hoped for! I started a tiny workout program today to try and reduce the size of my hips naturally, so we'll see where that goes, and since school is online now I got all the time in the world.

congrats..Fam seems supportive and that's always big hurdle to jump. Be safe, BE Proud and KICK ASS

Good for you man, good for you! My mom will call me by the right pronouns, but still stops at kid and never goes to son. Take that victory and run with it! Also, I would suggest trying to do upper body strength exercises more, it really gives you that Doritos shape...

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, A. Dillon said:

that Doritos shape

Cheesy?

Congratulations @luke_b! Supportive family is just the best. Or so I'm told anyway. Then again, my family is terrible. I am, however, glad you're happy and that your family is at least sort of trying.

Dillon's right though, an upper body/back workout will do a lot to build up your arms, shoulders and back to give you a blockier, more masculine appearance.

Hugs!

10 hours ago, A. Dillon said:

that Doritos shape

that what im aiming for, ill give that a try

9 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

your family is at least sort of trying

its been pretty great honestly, ive been out since 2018, and im finally making some real progress