• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi there I’m new

Emily michelle

Hi I’m Emily I have just come out as mtf trans about 2 months ago. I am only out to my wife of 5 years and my sister. The response I got from my wife was amazing she has been 100% on board helping me with clothes and makeup. Along with the finer points of being a lady.

My sister has been supportive but doesn’t understand why I am the way I am. She was the one that got me to see a gender therapist and work on my issues. After seeing the therapist I realized I built this wall up around myself hiding my true self which made me miserable to the point I was ready to end it, because I was always told that you had to be like every other man. 
    After breaking down and coming out to them I feel a lot better about myself and I’m truly happy for once. I just have to find ways to deal with my Dysphoria now because I can’t hide it all inside anymore. I am not on hrt yet hopefully soon because I promised my wife she will be pregnant  before I start. Sorry for the rambling I just had to get it out there.

• Forum Moderator

Salutations Emily and welcome to TransPulse!

I'm happy to see that your wife is supportive! Many are not so congratulations! I'm also a little jealous she can help with makeup. My wife doesn't use any so that's been a part of my education that's been left wanting. Though I am going to be getting some tips from my therapist's daughter so who knows?

So yeah, feel free to poke around, ask questions and join the discussion! We're happy to have you!

Hugs!

Hello and welcome Emily. I'm very glad you found us.

The notion of hiding ourselves from everyone including ourselves seems unbelievable to many people, but I did that myself for most of my life. How could I not know? My brain was so compartmentalized that there was a total disconnect there.

A gender therapist such as you're seeing will be able to help you find your path forward, asking questions, giving you information to study, helping you understand yourself.

You're among friends in a safe space here.

TA

• Forum Moderator

Welcome, Emily!  Congratulations on finding yourself!  I am happy that your wife is supportive.  Mine is, too, and it is such a relief knowing that my best friend and partner has my back, especially knowing how common the opposite reaction is.

Regards,

Kathy

Yes it is such a relief having my wife’s support. And for the longest time I was so scared of what she would say and it turns out she knew I was trans long before I was willing to admit 

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

Yes it is such a relief having my wife’s support. And for the longest time I was so scared of what she would say and it turns out she knew I was trans long before I was willing to admit 

It's funny how our spouses know us better than we know ourselves.  Mine said, "Oh, there's so much that suddenly makes sense now!"

Mine pretty much said the same thing. It made me realize how depressed I was and how me being miserable was making everyone else miserable.

Hi and Welcome.  Omg the wife thingy is so huge!  So many here struggle with that and more then a few are in anguish over it.  
im middle road as my wife supports and helps me but won’t stay married to a women.  
Anyways I hope you find the answers and info you are seeking but watch out!  You may make some life long friends here too!

20 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Mine said, "Oh, there's so much that suddenly makes sense now!"

Yes I too had this told to me.  I was like duh I couldn’t drop anymore signals!   Lol

• Forum Moderator

Hi Emily,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

Welcome to the forum

Emily. latin for Rival  Derived from the roman name Amelia

Michelle. hebrew and French .means "Who is Like God"

Interesting compination to be sure

I look forwald  to reading your posts

MIB

Wow I never knew the meaning of the names I picked very interesting. I had picked Emily because I had always liked it and I used Michelle is reference to my grandpa whose name was mike and I thought the world and all of him so I wanted to give a little tribute to him that’s how I came up with Michelle 

Aren't you glad you found this site will you could come out I'd be open to others.I'm not even sure if you can have private messaging with people on this site cuz I'm learning myself. Good luck in the future

• Forum Moderator

@Denisenj   Yes you can PM here.  At the upper right hand corner of the page is an envelope that opens the utility.  You can also hover over a poster's name or avatar in a thread to see the envelope icon there to send a message.  Hope that helps!

Jani