• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

VickySGV

Found An Old Diary Type Thing I Wrote

VickySGV

I am actually going to use my Stay At Home Time to pull some things together that I have written over the years and maybe try and make it into an actual book about special parts of my Transition.  In doing this I ran across a memory I wrote two years before I actually came here on the forums that I think may be fun for some of you to read.  11 years ago I was where many of you are now --- LOL

==================================================================

Written May 20, 2009

I have been working on Vicky's public appearance for a few weeks here, and I think I did it too well this past weekend!!! I had a moment when I surprised myself BIG TIME.

BACKGROUND
For about 3 months here I have been having "cravings" to be in female mode that have made me a little reckless in some of my outfits and some of my makeup techniques. This has resulted in some "feedback" from the people I have been out with that has actually been helpful, but at the time was pretty harsh. (OK, I looked pretty awful now that I think about it too.) The positive item is that I have found that my earlier fears about going out in girl mode at all have disappeared for the most part and I am no longer feeling as conspicuous as an elephant in a tea parlor.

THE DAY
On Saturday at about 2 pm I actually put on a new sun dress, and did my makeup in a MUCH MORE subtle way than usual, and found myself liking what I saw much better. I have a very nice breast length streaked blond wig that I bought about 3 weeks ago on a day when my hair choice had been a short red wig, that was bit clown fluffy. Since our weather was running in the mid 80's I tried putting the blond wig into a banana clip pony tail that got the hair off my neck. I thought it looked very good, and it was quite comfortable. I went out the front door of the house VERY confidently (feeling wonderful) and drove back to the scene of my fashion crimes, a "T VERY FRIENDLY" store in North Hollywood. The fun started when I walked into the store where I am known in both male and female mode. The owner herself first asked "May I help you miss?" and did a double take and then realized who I was. Even two of the other girls I know had to look twice to be sure I was their "sister" Vicky. The only critical comment on my makeup was to try just a slightly more brownish color of eye shadow. My hair styling came up for a little more comment, and I got a lesson on how to pin up that wig, since "the banana clip can tear up and tangle the hair". I liked the result actually. It was more formal than the pony tail, and still felt great.

None of the girls were going out to dinner that night, so I called a couple of "family" members that know both of me and asked if they could take a visitor. The answer was yes, and they did not care which of me came. As I started to go, I handed the phone back to the store owner who also knows them, and heard her telling them they would not believe how good Vicky looked!! When I got to the house, about 60 miles away in the high desert area north of LA, both of my "family" members were happy with how I looked too.

We actually went out to a neighborhood Persian restaurant as three ladies, and were treated that way. I was having such a good time talking that I actually forgot how I looked. I felt so darn good and natural, just clothed and not "dressed". Two glasses of iced tea though, and it was restroom time!. One of the other patrons of the restaurant pointed me over to the Women's room on his own call!!! I had gotten too close to turning toward the Men's restroom for his comfort!!!

My real shock was when I opened the door to the Women's rest room and saw what I thought was another very nice looking blond woman coming out!! WRONG -- it was a mirror facing the door, and it took me about three seconds to recognize MYSELF. WOW!! This was a "high" so much greater and more wonderful than ANYTHING I ever got off of alcohol or stuff of that nature. I am still getting little shivers of happiness when I think about it. (About 4.8 on the Richter earthquake scale since these are "aftershocks".)

I'm not on HRT, but if that is what you get on hormones, get out of my way, here I come!!!!

==================

At the store I went to, we had a "sorority" that the regulars were inducted into, hence the "sister" comment up there.

I actually began my HRT three months later on July 6, 2009, but did not go full time until March 2011, and even then not in all places.

Alex C

wow Vicky that a pretty amazing tell. I remember that feel. God I wish it would last for ever, but it doesn't. Ty for share really like..Be careful 

Susan R

@VickySGV, What an interesting glimpse into your life way back when.  I guess we all start similarly...less confidence than now, inexperience, and it sounds like there was a newness to it all.  You’ve come along way since those days.

10 hours ago, VickySGV said:

My real shock was when I opened the door to the Women's rest room and saw what I thought was another very nice looking blond woman coming out!! WRONG -- it was a mirror facing the door, and it took me about three seconds to recognize MYSELF. WOW!! This was a "high" so much greater and more wonderful than ANYTHING I ever got off of alcohol or stuff of that nature.

This is a great story, VIcky.  I understand perfectly what you mean by the “high” after it happened.  I’m sure we all eventually have that feeling when this happens. 

Your story reminds me so much of one I experienced Jan. 2019. My wife and I went to our first PFLAG meeting and I needed to use the restroom at the church.  I was presenting somewhere between androgynous with a touch of femininity at the time.  I thought it would still be better to use the men’s room. This may have been the last time I stood at a men’s urinal.  When I turned around, there was a mirror right behind me that I hadn’t seen coming into the restroom.  I did not recognize myself immediately.  I saw a woman staring back...for the first time.  My jaw dropped.  I have thought about why this might have happened and haven’t come up with an explanation.  I know it has something to do with not expecting to see anyone at all in that moment but that couldn’t be the only reason.  When I know I’m about to look into a mirror at home, I think my mental expectation for what I’m about to see helps me prepare for what is actually seen. In short, I know what to expect.

Thanks for sharing a little of your history,

Susan R🌷

VickySGV
1 hour ago, Susan R said:

When I know I’m about to look into a mirror at home, I think my mental expectation for what I’m about to see helps me prepare for what is actually seen. In short, I know what to expect.

This is also one of the places where we have trouble seeing what others see.  We have a preconceived notion of what we will look like at home and other places and we are so anxious that we do not see it and are so critical of ourselves.  I am glad you enjoyed it and I hope it helps others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• Jackie C.
    • Jamey braley
    • Emily michelle
    • Susan R
    • luke_b
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • Jani
    • nobitaro
    • JJ
    • KymmieL
    • Traci Lynn
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Addie1312
    Newest Member
    Addie1312

1. Claire
      Claire
    2. CodePoetSarah
      CodePoetSarah
      (55 years old)
    • Jani
      Still this is a good indication that her perception and yours may not be fully aligned so take a look at how she is doing and work together! 
    • KymmieL
      Brandi, I too work retail. I have let my nails grow. I don't keep them long claws but longer than a mans.   Meta,  My wife thinks the same way that I can just flip a switch and turn my transgenderism off and on. That I just found the switch and turned it on one day.   almost 60 today. Of course the weather is going to be nice when I am working and crap on my days off. go figure.   Kymmie
    • Jani
      A wig on a stand, what a wonderful way to segue into a fun time!  
    • Jani
      Unfortunately I don't live in that type of environment seeing as I am in a rural setting on a street that dead ends into the woods.  But I do find it easier to strike up conversations when out (when I used to go out!) and people would walk up and start talking to me.  So yes, we do tend to be more approachable as women.  What a wonderful gift! 
    • KymmieL
      I am myself a trans-lesbian. Yeah, I'll admit there are some cute guys out there. but not in that way. I still prefer the nice curves of a lady.   Kymmie
    • Jani
      Phoenix please look for assistance.  Also know that we are here to speak with even though we're on the inter web.  Here is a recent post I made concerning getting counseling.     https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/79778-how-to-get-therapy-when-you-cant-leave-the-house/?tab=comments#comment-717039  
    • Jamey braley
      Thank everyone  ❤
    • Jani
      These are trying times.  Not just for our community but for all of us as we are asked to stay in while many places we would like to go to are closed.  This is a good article that enumerates ways to find and obtain counseling while sequestered in your home or away from loved ones.  It mentions AA, Psychology Today, Betterhelp, Talkspace, Larkr.   Admittedly I had not been aware of the last three sites.  The Department of HHS and National Suicide Prevention Lifeline links are also there.    https://www.npr.org/2020/04/03/826726628/how-to-get-therapy-when-you-cant-leave-the-house   Here's the takeaway from the article. "Let's do a quick recap. What are the most important things to know about getting therapy right now? It can feel really tempting to put your mental health on the back burner right now because there's so much happening. But you might need help more than ever. And it's not great to just constantly download that onto your friends and family because they're going through the same thing too. Therapists are trained professionals. They have confidentiality in mind. If you have insurance, you can ask your insurance company to help you find a provider or a method. And if you don't have insurance, there are lots of free options and low-cost options for you out there."
    • Sarahnr1
      Like you i am and have been Sucidal since i was  little  (recently upgraded to Severe  as well as upgraded   Severe depression and Anxiety  Disorder )  Due to some BS  in RL last year ) And i have gazilion NP  diagnosis  as well.        This said only to let you know i DO understand  you better then you might think.     First you DONT want to die thats obvius and thats good. And you SHOULD be very scared  of this route  as well as its not even close to as peacful or painless  as you are led to belive from those claiming it is. Its quite the opposite.  USE  those feelings  of  DONT whant to die  and  being scared   to take this step     What you need is someone to talk to  and im here if you want to get to know me better or give me chance either out here  / Or by Pm /or both. You also NEED to somehow get profetional  help  ASAP.     And last  belive me  i KNOW  how  down you must be right now  in youre obvius  DEEP  Depression  as i have been there MANY times  in my life BUT TRUST me on this  Suicide is NOT have not / will not ever  be the right  solution.  It WILL  get better again   so you HAVE to  KEEP ON  FIGHTING  for youre life  and youre goals   with every  breath you take   my friend  IT CAN be done   YOURE NOT  alone   my friend     
    • Jackie C.
      Unfortunately, there's no magic formula for coming out to family. You tell them in a safe way (personal safety is key) that you feel will help them to understand. Depending on their personal bias, they will accept you or reject you. Explain, don't argue and be prepared to answer questions. Some family members will accept you unconditionally. Others will be like my egg-donor, and go insane.   Sometimes friends and family come around with time. Sometimes they don't. You can't control that. All you can do is be the best, most authentic you that you can possibly be.   I live in the Midwest. I've had one family member and zero friends reject me. Your odds are probably better than you think.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Depression is a powerful thing. The kind of crushing weight that won't let you breathe. What worked for me... coming out, HRT and being myself... won't necessarily work for you. The first thing I'd do is find a therapist. Depression is a very big thing, don't face it alone.   Don't say anything about social distancing. My therapist is online and we talk via a video app. No excuses. Get some help.   Next up: Support your friend. The kind of people who bully other people aren't the kind of people who make good partners. She's going to need you when enough of the novelty has worn off that he starts acting like himself again. You don't have to pretend to be happy for her, but you also don't need to nag her about it. Express your concerns if you have to. Once. Then drop it. You don't need to be hurting her. Be there when she needs someone to help pick up the pieces. Don't say, "I told you so."   You're allowed to be sad about the money thing. A lot of people are in the same situation right now. Try to make plans for "What happens if the money runs out?" Where will you live? What will you eat? Who will pat you on the head and tell you that you're pretty? You know, necessities.   In the meantime, we're here if you need to vent. We're pretty good at the emotional support group thing. I think you know that suicide isn't the answer. You'll get through this.   Hugs!
    • Gender Phoenix
      I've spent a large part of my life on forums all over the net trying to talk people out of sucicide, why? because I feel similar to many of these people.  I too have wanted to end my life many times.   I've never carried out a plan nor made attempts, but I had gotten as far as a plan before changing my mind, not always for the same reasons.   I suffer from anexity issues, depression, and low self esteem.  I'm transgender, not transitioned yet, 32, and may have a few mental and personality disorders from years of emotional abuse.    I have 4 close friends, two of which I have feelings for, neither have them back.  I have made a lot of progress towards improving myself because of all the love and support of one of them.  I'm not always open with how I feel about much of any thing but i tell her every thing, she is one of only three people who know I've considered suicide in the past.  She's my primary confidant and bedrock keeping me sane and alive.     Today I found out she's dating one of my bullies, that's known me for all of my life and hadn't started to be nice to me till recently.  I had a crush on her, I've nearly hated him, now i feel shocked, confused, devastated, on top of being worried about my future, my friends, and on top of my already existing depression and issues I have against my own body, I now have this running through my mind too. They have only told me, because they say they can trust me, but the other group of people our other friends think their both in happy relationships with other people and this bully is bffs with one of her exes.   I don't want to think or deal with any of this, I haven't worked at all, i am running out of money because of the virus, I hate myself, I just wish I could feel happy for her, I feel like a horrible person for not being able to.  My other best friend wouldn't even talk to me for two days and does this from time to time.   I want to die, except to my horror, I've learned from the mistakes of those I know who survived or where stopped, I having spent all my life trying to prevent others from sucicide find myself considering it.   I'll tell no one any thing, shut down emotionally, and never come back, or at least that's what I'm afraid of.  A part of me still wants to live, I just don't want to feel suffering or pain any more.  but I can feel the grip of the despair growing more powerful than ever before, so I ask some one please help me, please give me advice, some one save me.  
    • Denisenj
      This is an interesting topic
    • BrandiBri
      Good Morning all. i'm just finishing my cup of joe and admiring the pics of the nails. Very nice! I work retail so I have to keep mine short. However I am now on a 30 day loa so I am going to try false ones for now. It's going to be around 60 today and pushing 80 tomorrow.
    • BrandiBri
      I agree with everyone here, It is never too late to transition. For many of us it was a matter of life or death. I began HRT at 69 and now I am at peace with myself and having so much fun!   Hugs, Brandi
  • Upcoming Events