• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

made the mistake of watch Contagions and Outbreak

Lexi C

Well if you haven't seem these movies DON'T. I was scared S.L  that I could not sleep. Today I was so paranoid and overwhelm with anxiety that over shop on food and essentials …...Dirty Dance now there's a feel good or the Irish Man bye the time that  movie is over so will the pandemic. BECAREFUL AND SAFE

• Admin

That is one reason I do not watch movies unless I or friends are in them. 

• Admin

Yeah, I rented Contagion too.  It didn't upset me, but it was very informative.  I actually saw a doctor on T.V. in the last couple of days use the term R-Naught, which is discussed in the movie.  It was pretty cool that I knew what it meant.  The fact that the movie script depicted the exact same cause of the pandemic as that of COVID-19 was very sobering.

Carolyn Marie

Outbreak is based on a real event. Fortunately it didn't happen in reality quite like Hollywood depicted it. But the current pandemic could clearly be worse. If it were as infectious as chickenpox and as deadly as bubonic plague civilization would crash to its knees.

Personally I'd recommend something a little more light hearted, such as "When Harry Met Sally" for example.

TA

I'm not sure Contagions or Outbreak are the movies to watch right now. Maybe something more uplifting such as an Ari Aster film like Midsommar or Hereditary. My kids got me those for Christmas. I loved both films as horror movies go, but it makes me wonder about the state of Ari Aster's mind. Or maybe mine for having watched them. 

• thanks but nothing but comedies and Christmas movie from this point on