• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ok! Well in the spirit of sharing.....

ShawnaLeigh

So to keep it somewhat short. A lovely young , well younger then me, lady sent me a message early this AM.  She asked me if I knew Jeff. Who is my brother so I say I do and ask her who she was?  I have never met her but she knew me through my brothers.  So she introduces herself and we chat for like two hours. Just sharing things but nothing to deep.  We grew up in the same town and she apparently knows both my brothers and my sister.  A ton of the same people so I felt comfortable sharing.  
So she then asks me what my story is she would love to know.  I assume about me being trans.  So I said what the heck and shared.  She asks me a ton of good questions as was in general very kind and very interested in it all.  
So it’s getting on in the morning and we both had stuff to do so she asks me if it would be ok to get a friend request from her.  Yes I’m ok with that.  She then asks me out on a date.  
?????
Of course it is delayed until the virus lets us all out again but I accepted.  ?
I admit I find her very attractive.  She had mentioned how young I look and how very pretty she though I was.  She couldn’t believe it was really me. 
I said it really was and then we had to go.  

Wow is all I can say.  Ive said I’m not ready to date now and that’s true.  But this virus could delay that for quite some time so I thought why not.  By then my divorce will be final so I’m free game.  Lol

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations!

May the two of you at least become good friends. Have fun you crazy kids. ?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

What a nice, refreshing story!  Too bad about having to wait out the virus, but I hope you have a good time when you eventually get together.

53 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

We will see how further conversations go.  I don’t want to get to excited yet.  Lol

That's really nice! Congratulations.

TA

• Forum Moderator

Hate to thrown water on the fire but it sounds fishy how she came to know you and then asking for your "story".  Weird to me.  A flag would have gone up.  

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

Hey ShawnaLeigh,  This sounds interesting and who knows what possibilities it may present down the road.  I’d be a little cautious though, as Jani mentioned but there’s no reason you can’t get to know her a little (virtually) during this pandemic.  I would be a little concerned about giving her any personal information before checking her out a bit more.  Have you crosschecked some of the information she provided you with your brothers?  Look for discrepancies or vague details. You’re a big girl so I’m sure you know all this. I’m just always over-cautious and it’s done pretty well for me over the years.  Not having a Facebook or Twitter acct. has probably saved me a lot of trouble over the years.

My Best,

Susan R?

1 hour ago, Jani said:

Hate to thrown water on the fire but it sounds fishy how she came to know you and then asking for your "story".  Weird to me.  A flag would have gone up.  

Jani 

I certainly put folks to the question Right up front now.  I just don’t friend them. I was satisfied how she knew me through my brothers.  I was fairly stuck up in high school bring a popular jock type  so I never knew half the people tho knew me. Sad but true.  I admit it.  
I have run across so many people from high school Over the years and  I have no idea who they are.  My company director is one of these people.  Lol

oh he knew exactly who I was when I came into interview.  Lol

Thank you for your suspicion though.  It’s healthy for us to have them.  

Th  as no you Susan.  Yes I did. First thing I did was check with my brothers.  They confirmed who she was and one brother got a tad jealous over her being interested in me. Lol

Apparently he tried to date her once upon a time.  But she Wouldn’t give him the time of day.  
Dhe never came off as to nksey nor just fired question after question.  She talked about herself d as Nd her grand kids a lot.  Cute little buggers.  
it was a pleasant talk AAC Nd fun to get to know her as it is now.  I did not expect her to ask me out though.  I never see these things coming.  Though I’m my defense I did not get the benefit  of eye and body language either. Just texting.  

• Forum Moderator
31 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Omg I hate autocorrect!?

Oooh, I thought you were just practicing typing with your elbows, hon..lol ? I put your post through google translate and it came back with an error “can not distinguish language” so I gave up...<kidding>

Seriously though...sounds like she is the real deal but might be just a little curious..maybe she had a crush on you back then while dating your brother.  This girl you’re texting with could become a potential friend...who knows...maybe more.  I would also be cautious about getting too deep while your still living with your wife.  That stuff never goes over well with spouses....even if you‘ve become roommates, so to speak.

Susan R?

32 minutes ago, Susan R said:

would also be cautious about getting too deep while your still living with your wife.  That stuff never goes over well with spouses....even if you‘ve become roommates, so to speak.

Certainly!  I am not ready to date nor able to currently.  As exciting as these occurrences have been this past week I simply can not pursue any of them right now.  I’m in a failing and slowly fading marriage but I still love her.  Which obviously makes thing hard for me.  I do not want anything like this to hurt her even though others say its her own fault for not wanting me anymore.  i don’t see things like that.  It not fair to think that way.  Jmo

13 hours ago, Susan R said:

Oooh, I thought you were just practicing typing with your elbows, hon..lol ? I put your post through google translate and it came back with an error “can not distinguish language” so I gave up...<kidding>

Seriously though...sounds like she is the real deal but might be just a little curious..maybe she had a crush on you back then while dating your brother.  This girl you’re texting with could become a potential friend...who knows...maybe more.  I would also be cautious about getting too deep while your still living with your wife.  That stuff never goes over well with spouses....even if you‘ve become roommates, so to speak.

Susan R?

That goes double from me.

My roommate complains bitterly if guys call me, stating she doesn't like when men are hitting on/flirting with me. Which is really frustrating, because I rarely get any attention from anyone, and guys paying any attention to me really picques my curiousity.

TA