• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Time Wearing A Dress

Guest Emily_MI

Guest Emily_MI

Well I bought a dress online (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=369594&CategoryID=14514) that I thought looked really cute and tried it on for the first time, and honestly I thought it looked really cute on me even though I am on on HRT yet. I just tried to look at the dress itself(avoiding the face area) and how it looked in the mirror and was really surprised how well it really looked on me(in a good way). I can't wait till I get on HRT and wait to see how the dress will look down the road when those changes start to take effect.

Emily,

Do yourself a favor, wear the dress whenever you feel like looking pretty, just around the house for now but don't put off all of the good things until you start HRT - you have a lot of time before the results get really obvious, so start enjoying now.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

My Dear Emily!!

Yes!! Your first dress!! What a feeling that is... right!! Dear, now your hooked. There will many more dresses to follow!! I am so glad that you look great in your dress. My first dress that I bought... totally botched the size (way too small, wishful thinking on my part :) ).

Good going!!

LOL

bernii

Guest Donna Jean

That's wonderful, Hon!

A brand new dress! You wear and enjoy that dress! And you'll always remember that for years to come!

As a male I never owned a suit....now I don't own a dress...LOL...

Just big gypsy skirts and puffy blouses...Hippy chick....

You got the right size, too....good for you!

Huggs...

Donna Jean

Guest Charlene_Leona

Yes your first dress is such a wonderfully liberating thing, just wait until your comfortable enough to go out in public in it. It's like one of the most exciting moment's of your life.

Guest Emily_MI
Yes your first dress is such a wonderfully liberating thing, just wait until your comfortable enough to go out in public in it. It's like one of the most exciting moment's of your life.

It is incredibly liberating, I love the way I feel in a dress and honestly once I go fulltime I don't think I will not wear anything BUT a dress! :D

Guest doodle

Your first dress cool. It's a great feeling. staying dressed as much as you can will make you at ease with your self.

doodle/kelly

Guest Emily H

Oh darn, the website wouldn't let me see the picture. Oh well, I really feel great for you, enjoy your first dress, keep it forever :)

Guest Ashlee

Oh Emily,

What a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

I remember my first dress...I wish I still had that dress...

I absolutely love wearing dresses. They are soooo comfortable.

{HUGS}

Ashlee

Guest julia_d

I still have my very first dress .. a hand down Jane Asher paisley A-line mini from probably '67 or so. (showing my age now)

It's threadbare and the moths have had a go at it a couple of times, but I wouldn't throw it away for anything.

I'm still slim enough to get into it. How skinny girls were back in the 60's !!! .. it says size 14 but honestly I have things in 10 which have more room.

Wear enjoy treasure. It's a milestone you are never going to forget. Remember.. dresses like heels, they make your legs longer and totally change the shape of the rest of you including posture... not too high to start with.. 3" is about max until you get the hang of walking about on stilts ;)

I also had just one suit.. hated it.. burned it along with all my few remaining male clothes the day I legally changed my name. now I'm a jeans and blouse girl .. just like everybody else around here. I haven't seen a woman in a dress in this town in all the 7 years I have been here.. sometimes rarely a skirt, but never a dress.. most either wear jeans or trousers.. and the young girls are in hoodies and stripes *sigh*

Guest Sophie H

This is great, it's such a wonderful experience the first time. I remember the first time I dressed I felt wonderful and so natural. But like Sal said don't hold off too much until HRT, it's a long process and the effects can take time to become visible, so don't deny yourself in the mean time.

Guest Emily_MI
This is great, it's such a wonderful experience the first time. I remember the first time I dressed I felt wonderful and so natural. But like Sal said don't hold off too much until HRT, it's a long process and the effects can take time to become visible, so don't deny yourself in the mean time.

I will be going on HRT here very soon(within the next 1-2 weeks) because as you said it might take time before the effects to become visible, although it is hard to feel very feminine even when I am dressed up when you still physically look like a guy still, which can be frustrating and depressing at times.

Guest Joanna Phipps

Many times when im just around the house doing chores, answering emails etc I am in blouse and skirt or one of my dresses. I love the way I feel in them; now I need to get my hair done and dyed then I wont look quite so much like an old Matron. ;)

Guest Christy.dancer
Well I bought a dress online (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=369594&CategoryID=14514) that I thought looked really cute and tried it on for the first time, and honestly I thought it looked really cute on me even though I am on on HRT yet. I just tried to look at the dress itself(avoiding the face area) and how it looked in the mirror and was really surprised how well it really looked on me(in a good way). I can't wait till I get on HRT and wait to see how the dress will look down the road when those changes start to take effect.

Yech... the pic is unavailable! I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see!!!

Yeah, when I was a kid, I snuck into my sister's room and tried on some of her dresses, but it wasn't the same. For me, it was a HUGE deal getting my first dress (it was actually a denim skirt) and seeing it hanging in MY closet and knowing it was MINE!!!!

Guest Joanna Phipps

My first dress was a knee length lil black number, I still have it and wear it occassionaly but due to the damage on my shins I feel more comfortable if I can keep them covered.

Guest Emily_MI

Yeah, when I was a kid, I snuck into my sister's room and tried on some of her dresses, but it wasn't the same. For me, it was a HUGE deal getting my first dress (it was actually a denim skirt) and seeing it hanging in MY closet and knowing it was MINE!!!!

Awww the link was dead, sorry about that but it is similar to this one...

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...ategoryID=26861

I love buying clothes now honestly, it is so much more fun to buy clothes as a girl compared to a guy(I can see why Woman LLLOOVEEEE to shop now, lol). I can't wait till I start buying clothes out in Public as Emily, my bank account might not like it though! :P

Guest AniStacy

OMW hi5 same here love :D it was the dress, or the denim mini skirt, and the mini skirt won hands down :D

Guest Charlene_Leona

Yea I love shopping for cloths so much My closet racks are about to fall from being overloaded. Every time I bring something new home Larry yells at me about it. But a girl can never have too many dresses.

Guest Melanieshaman
Awww the link was dead, sorry about that but it is similar to this one...

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...ategoryID=26861

I love buying clothes now honestly, it is so much more fun to buy clothes as a girl compared to a guy(I can see why Woman LLLOOVEEEE to shop now, lol). I can't wait till I start buying clothes out in Public as Emily, my bank account might not like it though! :P

wow that's VERY cute..i like it! I guess since i will be started hrt in the next week or so, i should buy more than frilly underwear LMAO

Guest julia_d

Gok says about 20 outerwear items will do any girl.. I don't believe him but..

3 or 4 blouses and trousers and skirts.. buy to mix and match

a couple of coats.. a short one and a long one.. neutral colours

every girl needs one pair of black court heels.. to go with the ubiquitous little black dress

some casuals for doing the gardening.. I have old army clothes for that.. nicely unisex and I still look like a girl in them. They have a F after the SML sizing.. so they are female military surplus.

some bootcut jeans and the boots to go with them

and a hat.. though I don't like them I do have dreams of one day going to Royal Ascot.. and ladies must wear a hat.. it's the law!!

that's about it really .. maybe a couple of jumpers depending on the time of year and the climate..

Don't believe it.. I have 6 suitcases and 3 double wardrobes full to bursting.. a huge 8 drawer chest of drawers.. a bedding box and a couple of ex colour TV cardboard boxes.. oh and a double bed in the spare room I can't even see any more... and I can't ever find a stitch to wear!! duh.. time to downsize.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Yeah Emily!! I'm so happy that you bought your first dress. I remember my first skirt, I don't wear dresses much, mainly skirts, blouses and jeans. A simple girl. Anyhow..my first skirt was a jean skirt and it felt so good to put on, especially when it fit just right. :-) Now I wear it all the time around the house, that and my leather skirt which is my second favorite. I understand how you feel about not wanting to look at your face because it is not feminine eneough yet. I'm going through the same problem. Just visualize yourself as the beautiful woman you feel inside. Like the other girs have stated it will take awhile before the hormones kick in. Just have fun with the dress and being the wonderful Emily. :-)

Hugs,

Suzie

Guest Mrs. Miniver

Emily,

I am so excited for you. The feeling from wearing that first dress makes you feel so good about yourself and opens so many possibilities. Keep exploring and discover your true beauty.

Luv,

Greer

Guest angie

What you learn to really like about dresses and skirts,

is the freedom,airiness and comfort that accompanies them.

Plus the look and the way they make you feel soooo womanly.

Congratulations,

Angie