• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi from Europe

Esther

Hi.

I just entered this forum after seeing videos on youtube. I’m sensing I need more interaction. 

Born in the Netherlands 42 years ago, living in Germany right now. I ended my relationship in order to find my true self. I have had some sort of feeling for over 20 years which I couldn't pin down. In the following 3 months I searched for my feelings and talked to a few people I trust. After those 3 months I was sure of myself. I am transgender. MtF.

This was in October 2018. I found a support group close by who gathers every week. Still being male in public, I gained confidence during the 4 following months.

Then the time came for my coming out. First at work. No problems encountered. Then family. Also almost no problems. And my friends. All my friends were understanding and fully supporting.

I have had much luck. I encountered almost no negative reactions or comments.

Since my coming out at work, I connected with a colleague, being ultimately my best friend. She is a cis woman. Al I know about make up, clothing and understanding women, I owe her so much!

I’m fully living female since February 2019. Taking hormones since December 2019. My next big step is SRS.

Nice to be here!

• Forum Moderator

Welcome, Esther!  I am happy for you that your coming-out experiences have been positive.

Regards,

Kathy

• Forum Moderator

@Esther Welcome! It’s so refreshing to read a story like yours regarding your ‘coming out’ experiences. So many of us have had setbacks somewhere along their respective journeys. Thank you for sharing a little about yourself today.  I look forward to reading more as time permits.

I love good news...thank you!

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Greetings Esther and welcome.  Yes that was a nice story to read.  Sounds like life is generally good for you.  Please join in.  We'd love to see you around.

Cheers, Jani

Thanks all for the reactions! 

I do think I am very blessed with my coming out. 

What I always wanted is to blend in with the others. Many have had the urge to dress in very short skirts and very high heels at first. I wanted a good passing. And I watched how cis women talked, dressed, walked, eat, sat and so on. And tried to mimic it. 

First i gained confidence. Together with my observations, I bought womens' clothes. And I had been given a real-hair-wig. 

First time out in public with normal clothes, shoes, make up and the wig. It all fitted together. The wig was washed, styled, and wavy in the wind. That look hasn't changed in the past year. 

being 42 years old, I feel I cannot "play" with make up like a 16 year old. It has to be age appropriate, and the rest too.

My friend helped a lot choosing make up, and telling me how to apply it. 

I think this also helped a lot avoiding negative reactions.

• Forum Moderator

You are correct @Esther, some of us have reached the age where "playing" with clothing and makeup as if we were younger would not be well received.  It seems when we are younger we can do and are allowed to do many things that may be thought of as wild or crazy minded!   Oh to be able to go back in time!  Haha! 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi Esther,

Welcome to Transpulse! I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?