• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Friend's Support Meme

Dearhart

I love all of these posts, especially the last one.??

2 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

Screenshot_20200514-202735.jpg

YES

(He stole the body of another man so....)

I def to old cus I have no idea what is going on. Hope your all well

• Forum Moderator

It's a screen capture from JoJo's Bizzare Adventure with an uno card photoshopped in @Alex C. The art style in JoJo is a bit different from your typical anime. Also, everyone seems to eat nothing but protein and spend all their off-screen time working out. These guys are huge!

I'm not far enough into the series to tell you what scene that is though.

I've been collecting Anime since the 80's. I think I started with the original Bubblegum Crisis.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

It's a screen capture from JoJo's Bizzare Adventure with an uno card photoshopped in @Alex C. The art style in JoJo is a bit different from your typical anime. Also, everyone seems to eat nothing but protein and spend all their off-screen time working out. These guys are huge!

I'm not far enough into the series to tell you what scene that is though.

I've been collecting Anime since the 80's. I think I started with the original Bubblegum Crisis.

Hugs!

There's that time whiplash again. Though my parents started me with Gigantor, Kimba the White Lion, 8th Man and Transformers, I didn't really start till Pokemon, Digimon craze days. Wouldn't be long after till I was a well versed Otaku hunting for those box sets of Naruto before it was even looked at by official translators. Loved how inclusive, yet not-inclusive Japanese entertainment can be. 

?

• Forum Moderator

OMG, I used to tune into Kimba every day when I was short. It was on the .5 Watt UHF channel coming out of Detroit (seriously, you'd get a bad signal if you could SEE the tower from your front porch) so it took a little luck and some squinting to pull it in. Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) came later. I want to say 1978 or so. I was so hooked. Sometimes you could score some Speed Racer early in the morning, but that was hit or miss.

Now I have a Funimation subscription. The hobby changed a LOT in the last forty years.

Hugs!

38 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

OMG, I used to tune into Kimba every day when I was short. It was on the .5 Watt UHF channel coming out of Detroit (seriously, you'd get a bad signal if you could SEE the tower from your front porch) so it took a little luck and some squinting to pull it in. Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) came later. I want to say 1978 or so. I was so hooked. Sometimes you could score some Speed Racer early in the morning, but that was hit or miss.

Now I have a Funimation subscription. The hobby changed a LOT in the last forty years.

Hugs!

Holy hell fire, I forgot Speed Racer...palm slap forehead. My mom specifically loved my dad cuz he looks like Speed Racer. So much anime. I tend not to do subscriptions, only have so much money, but have a bunch of free streaming sites and then there's always torrents. Plus, I could get better quality torrents than what the streaming sites allow, yeah I have to delete stuff after a while cuz saving it on my computer only has so much room for HD quality stuff. I need to buy a new back-up drive before my shows go missing. So much tech watching. But I don't miss the signal antenna TVs had regular tv till 9/11 then got direct tv then the real fun started. Never had cable.

Osamu Tezuka started lots of people into anime. For me, it was through Unico in the Island of Magic in a vhs taken from the Disney Channel late 80s. That movie is seriously not for kids, but is at the same time. 

Oh, and speaking of anime. Gotta love Team Rocket. 

e8040467-03d8-4dfb-91fb-552beb17004b.jpg

Unico was creepy as hell but i love every bit of it's weirdness.

7 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

Unico was creepy as hell but i love every bit of it's weirdness.

Same here. It especially resonated with me since due to various reasons, my family moved house 3 times before i graduated high school. Every time, it felt like i was being whisked away by the West Wind. But it also meant that i got to make new friends. 

I always loved Team Rocket for that! 

My friends in high school and I were getting shipments of untranslated bootlegs of Naruto long before it came out in America. 

I think I first got into anime watching the various Gundams. My favs have been Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. 

Unrelated, but here's another wholesome meme from my collection

78978276_456712491702179_5848724719519399936_n.thumb.jpg.b08f52cca3046a3f1ef636ac7aa04cf5.jpg

72634498_500500180679640_441209925754945536_o.thumb.jpg.6084f5ad97d585fdf28bf69bc3852806.jpg

I just found this one. I'm gonna try using it as my new set of answers to those questions i keep asking myself when i start spiraling into self-doubt and overthinking, trying to make myself fit into a specific box or label instead of looking for what makes me feel most comfortable. Try to focus on the inside instead of the outside for a change. 

569b3e26-151e-4e6d-9e7f-c2a3686a7088.jpg

54210523_2528217960539967_7210257351243202560_o.thumb.jpg.ee569c577092fc7bcdb8cea76cefc98e.jpg

I think this was the original. I put off posting it here...

• 2 months later...