• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tucking (or Unpacking)

Zufrieden

On the FTM forums, the subject came up about "Packing".

The complimentary concept for MTF's is "tucking".

For those unfamiliar, the concept is to push the testicles up into the inguinal canal (their little "burrow").

The genitals are then pulled backwards and held in place with tight underwear and/or tape.

I've certainly done tucking before and the visual effect is pleasing, except for the bulge where the testicles are hidden.

But for me, tucking in a sense accentuates and even acknowledges the genitals.

In some sense, I would rather just ignore them as I resignedly pull on my "tightie whitie" men's underwear.

(Getting a size smaller underwear helps.)

Z.

Yes I agree the look is very aacknowledging but it reaffirms the fact that they are there. I have trouble on a good day dealing with the idea, it seems like it is me and them. I really view it as some sort of disformity or disfigurement and no one likes that.

I think it's a shame we can't do some kind of swap. Me and a bio male friend were talking the other night about the idea that one day in the future they might be able to do some kind of genital transplant. Wouldn't that be great. lol :P

IF YOU CAN THINK IT...YOU CAN DO IT ! NOTHINGS IMPOSSIBLE. And surgeons are becoming more successful at transplanting things. When taking cross gender hormones the tiny 'boy thingy' in bio girls gets slightly bigger and visa versa for bio boys. So tucking for M2Fs becomes easier the longer one is on hormones...Packing for F2Ms...well that's a different story.

Metta Jendar ;)

I think it's a shame we can't do some kind of swap. Me and a bio male friend were talking the other night about the idea that one day in the future they might be able to do some kind of genital transplant. Wouldn't that be great. lol :P

My thoughts were along the ame lines but then I thought I might groos someone out, so I left it but thank for getting my thoughts out. It would be all to eay I think. Classifieds "Wanted: Unused boy thing; call 555-1212" or "Free to a good home; one unwanted boy thing, we just can't afford the psychological 'up'keep anymore!"

Guest Sophie Jean

I just want to know why we are born with the boy thing permanently attached? Maybe we could, you know, take it off when we didn't want to wear it. Or even cooler, what if we could just by willpower cause the boy thing to appear or to become a girl thing. Same with the top, too. That's it, I'm going to the yellow pages to find us a genetic engineer!

- SJ

Guest Lethalia

I don't know if anyone else listens to King Missile…

The song "

" was the eighth track off their "Happy Hour" album (1992)

Truly a funny song... as is a lot of their stuff.

At the time, I was surprised to see it get airplay on MTV.

[/url]
Guest Sophie Jean
I don't know if anyone else listens to King Missile…

The song "

" was the eighth track off their "Happy Hour" album (1992)

Truly a funny song... as is a lot of their stuff.

At the time, I was surprised to see it get airplay on MTV.

[/url]

I remember that song now. Did you add this to the transgender songs forum?

-SJ

Oh No Way Z-----

I have been tucking daily for over three years.

That package i was born with, belongs where i can't see it period...nuff said.

Until one starts on HRT,and the effects start taking place,tucking can be and is a pain in the butt.

But i was serious about not wanting it/not caring if the world saw no bulge/wanting it out of my site.

Let me tell you ...you can exercise,ride a bike,do anything tucked except relieve yourself.

I enjoy the flat front on tight jeans and the vee where there is supposed to be a vee.

Personally,i cannot stand to see my package where it doesn't belong anylonger.

Angie

Hi Angie:

You may be right. I haven't tried tucking since HRT. HRT sure makes things more pliable and passive.

Certainly well fitting jeans would be one of my most desirable clothing possibilities. I don't think I'd pick

a pair of skin-tight jeans for my first pair, maybe something more ambiguous. I don't even own a pair of

men's jeans. Heck, I don't own a single real article of women's clothing besides my sports bras. I think I'll

try buying something at a Goodwill since it's within my budget. A female friend has offered to take me

shopping, but she lives far away. Too bad.

Z.

Angie

I don't blame you I feel the exact same way, the day cannot come soon enough.

Guest Katie-Louise

I can't stand to see mine either I just try to do my best to ignore it i've got 2 or maybe more years until I can have SRS unfortunately but i'll be so happy the day its gone and I think I will also sense a feeling of completion, lots of love, Katie Louise

xxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lethalia

Hey there, Zufrieden.

Okay, the world has changed. Getting bolder. Here it goes. I have. All my life. As a child, it took a lot of experimentation. As a teen, I might have done some minor alterations to myself. Wide clear duct tape is my best friend. I have to carry it in my purse. Rest rooms. My mother finally got me some flat rolls for my purse. I also carry a pair of barber's scissors in a leather sheath (multi-purpose) in my purse.

Upside: I can wear almost any kind underwear.

Downside: Restrooms and the tape marks up the inside of the underwear.

Living in the new world…

Isabella Lethalia Innocenzi

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I know. "What is the transguy doing in the tucking topic?" you all ask? I'm just adding my two cents or so... perhaps it's worth less here.

You know how there are binders for unnatural chest lumps on us men? I wonder why they haven't come out with a version for you transwomen to bind down any unnatural lumps on your bodies. Would it be too painful, perhaps? I don't know since unfortunately I don't really own said genitals... but with my equivalents (labia versus scrotum) I would say it'd be uncomfortable or painful to bind the area for too long. it's still too bad though because it would probably make it easier instead of having to use tape to push them down. I mean, FTMs needed to use tape before to bind their chests, and now we don't. So it would be obvious to tackle the next binding issue in a similar way, perhaps with comfortable padding/forming to give the impression of labia?

I'm not too handy with fabrics myself so I have no clue how such a thing could be designed.

Of course it's inferior to the actual organs but it's the next best thing, right?

• 7 months later...
Guest StarCrystal

Okay, ressing an old topic, not always the best of things, but since this specific forum doesn't even have a page two I figured it would be okay :lol:

You know how there are binders for unnatural chest lumps on us men? I wonder why they haven't come out with a version for you transwomen to bind down any unnatural lumps on your bodies. Would it be too painful, perhaps? I don't know since unfortunately I don't really own said genitals... but with my equivalents (labia versus scrotum) I would say it'd be uncomfortable or painful to bind the area for too long. it's still too bad though because it would probably make it easier instead of having to use tape to push them down. I mean, FTMs needed to use tape before to bind their chests, and now we don't. So it would be obvious to tackle the next binding issue in a similar way, perhaps with comfortable padding/forming to give the impression of labia?
There are underwear to do it, it was mentioned in another article. i can't remember what they are called now.

Yes, there is a type of underwear to bind the lower half of the body. It is called a gaff and comes in a few varieties. Some are designed to not only help with the tucking but to act as panties in and of themselves. Others are designed to be worn under something else, be that panties or a swimsuit or anything else you might want to keep really tucked down in. Some even do other things, such as lifting your butt and squeezing down your stomach/waist, but I think that is starting to get a bit excessive :lol:

Now I don't know what they would cost for other currencies, but most of the gaffs I have seen are in the $20-30 range per gaff, with most of them being only $20. You might be able to find them cheaper, I actually haven't really looked much (sucks to be broke), but as soon as I can afford them I plan on getting several. I do the best job I can right now, which is just pushing everything down... it doesn't always work, sometimes it slides back up again, but generally it is nice. I'm guessing if I dropped my panties down a size they might work, but I think a gaff would probably do the best job, since that is what it is designed for in the first place.

The rules of tucking still apply with gaffs, meaning you will need to get used to tucking your testicles up inside you, and then pull the rest down in between your legs. The gaff should keep everything locked into place while wearing it, though I imagine going to the bathroom would be a pain since odds are things would try and come undone on you <_< You might actually be able to find some more tucking tips or more info on gaffs (and other similar things) by looking at crossplay topics on a cosplay forum, since they cover a lot of the things needed to pass as the opposite gender. In fact, that is where I have learned some of the things I know!