• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Comments on your looks from other women

Emily Michele

I've been getting positive comments from other women about my nails, earrings, pants, shirts... all different aspects of my presentation from other women on a fairly regular basis.  It's a bit different coming from a masculine sphere, but then in talking to my mother, she said that never happens to her.  I've been commenting on other women's positive aspects, such as their hair, clothes, etc., to fit into the female sphere better, but I was thinking, after my mother's comment, that perhaps it's a trans thing, that perhaps women are giving me their "thumbs-up" in a subtle way, where perhaps it isn't needed for a cis-woman.  On the other hand, one woman who frequents my restaurant said that she loves my earrings, and that I always have the cutest earrings, so perhaps it is a normal thing for women to comment, where it is out of the ordinary for men. 

What are your observations and views?  Discuss...

• Forum Moderator

Yeah, women compliment each other on their look pretty frequently. We check each other out for fashion ideas too. Girl stuff. I get a lot of comments on my fox hat and my nice winter jacket. It suits me.

Hugs!

I am no woman but women usually think I am a lost child... (Though technically I am still a child but I am only 1 year away from being a man!!) 

Usually in resturants when my parents send me to reserve a table the waitess never takes me serious, and then asks if I want the kids menu with crayons... But I am an artist so of course I say yes... 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, Aidan5 said:

I am no woman but women usually think I am a lost child...

Usually in resturants when my parents send me to reserve a table the waitess never takes me serious, and then asks if I want the kids menu with crayons... But I am an artist so of course I say yes... 

For my 18th birthday, Mom thought Applebee's was the place to go. The staff sent a guy to the table made balloon animals, was talking about how Scooby Doo was scary...whatever I got a sword and a dog.  But got a cake for free and my mom asked them how old I was...The staff voted on the age of 10...? It's still an issue. Feel like an adult male chihuahua. Though people find my clothes fashionable, the awe cute isn't cuz of my manly qualities.

• Forum Moderator

I agree with Jackie, women do compliment each other.  Maybe your mother just isn't observant or into talking to others like that.  I've had women tell me my shirt or earrings were cute while staying in checkout lines or walking down an aisle in a store.  Women will always (OK frequently) smile and say hi as you walk by.  Not something guys do so much.  

7 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

For my 18th birthday, Mom thought Applebee's was the place to go. The staff sent a guy to the table made balloon animals, was talking about how Scooby Doo was scary...whatever I got a sword and a dog.  But got a cake for free and my mom asked them how old I was...The staff voted on the age of 10...? It's still an issue. Feel like an adult male chihuahua. Though people find my clothes fashionable, the awe cute isn't cuz of my manly qualities.

Hey free cake... I would be any age for the price of cake!!

4 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Hey free cake... I would be any age for the price of cake!!

Lol. It was honestly a big slice of cake. But it was nice. ?

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Lol. It was honestly a big slice of cake. But it was nice. ?

Cake is cake my friend, but I get where you are coming from. Beware the crayons and child menus! Though even then I stilla ccept it and do all the puzzles...

11 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Cake is cake my friend, but I get where you are coming from. Beware the crayons and child menus! Though even then I stilla ccept it and do all the puzzles...

But the kids menu is literally the safest thing anybody can eat and the crayons are a bonus. That's where you pull a lighter out, cut the crayons in half with the butter knife and fuss different colors together to make better crayons. I tend to scare people cuz then they realize oops that's not a kid.

Long before I came out fully (only a few close friends new about “me”), the company I worked for had a Halloween costume contest.

I had seen a “store-bought” costume that was a combo Superman/Clark Kent costume all as one piece. It was brown suit & tie sewn together with a Blue “S” chest piece so the wearer has the perpetual look of being Clark mid-way through changing into Superman. The previous year’s winner was a female employee who dressed as a man. So, using the cover of “I’m really, really competitive,” I knew what my costume would be.

I got a pinstriped pencil skirt, a red satin blouse, a Superman T-shirt circa the 2006 Superman Returns movie, some black pumps, and had my friend do my makeup the morning of the contest.

I left the blouse buttoned for the drive to work, so I looked like any other office-working lady.

A small group of female coworkers were greeting each other and comparing costumes when I came around the corner. They saw me and cheered. I paused, opened my blouse to show the, now, “Supergirl” shirt underneath and the cheers got louder. 

I’d already won the contest...4-5 hours before voting even began.

After that day, the female coworkers I regularly interacted with called me “Legs.”

Sheesh...talk about sexual harassment. (And I loved every second of it. ;)

• 4 months later...

I love complements but I absolutely love complements from other women. Lately I've been getting complements on my hair and a couple on my makeup. Like yesterday I was at Walmart when these three women came up and said they loved my curls. 2 looked to be about 15 and their grandmother. All said they loved my hair. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a wig and they could have the same look for $14 off Amazon. lol. I just said thank you. One of the girls said she wished she had long hair and her grandmother told her to stop cutting her hair off.. lol

Anyway I love complements, and especially if they come from other women. Guys never speak to me, I wish they did, but they don't. Makes me sad because I'm single and would love to be hit on by anyone but especially by guys. lol

• 1 year later...

I have had other women compliment my clothing and jewelry before. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, I'm on the moon. the last time it happened was about 3 weeks ago, I walked in to a liquor store to buy my cousins husband a little half bottle of wine, you know a night cap type of bottle. Well, I was wearing a bronzey brown jumpsuit and a black brown and tan striped shirt. I got what I needed and walked up to the counter. The lady at the counter said,"Oh my god, I love your jumpsuit, where did you get it. I cheerfully said, Duluth trading company. She said awesome and gave me my change and I walked out knowing I had passed and that someone liked my fashion sense.