• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jenni

Anorexia eating disorder and trans

Jenni

So I have always been trans and never transitioned. I have always been afraid of eating too much because, I have always wanted to transition. I have always been skinny and fit but I have decided that I want to transition. I recently unintentionally lost 45 lbs because of an accident. Any advice or support would be appreciated. Much love ❤️

Charlize

Jenni, Thank you for your honesty!

I would suggest that you speak to a therapist both about your gender and diet issues.  Finding a body image i liked was difficult for me.  Transition helped but i remember mentioning to a beautiful young woman that i felt bad about my looks.  She looked at me and said it was a trap that many women fell into.  We need to accept ourselves and live our lives today.  

My therapist helped with that acceptance and once i started just being i've found peace (most of the time) with myself.

Hugs,

Charlize

Jenni
7 hours ago, Charlize said:

Jenni, Thank you for your honesty!

I would suggest that you speak to a therapist both about your gender and diet issues.  Finding a body image i liked was difficult for me.  Transition helped but i remember mentioning to a beautiful young woman that i felt bad about my looks.  She looked at me and said it was a trap that many women fell into.  We need to accept ourselves and live our lives today.  

My therapist helped with that acceptance and once i started just being i've found peace (most of the time) with myself.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you. 

I always felt uncomfortable with who I was as a person. I was always either trying to be the strongest man, or preparing for transition. I just need to find a therapist that can help me.

Thank you, much love ❤️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Just Lee
    • Mx.Drago
    • Erikka
    • MaryMary
    • Tori M
    • Ronin82
    • KymmieL
    • Kaltia_Atlas
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

yhs0765
    Newest Member
    yhs0765

1. Flint
      Flint
      (30 years old)
    • Erikka
      This morning DD3 took me out for coffee, a jewelry store to get me a present for Father’s Day and mostly to just hang out. She gave me a Father’s Day Card and apologized because she couldn’t find a card appropriate for a trans paternal parent. It seems to me that Hallmark and the rest of the card makers are missing an opportunity. Maybe a card address to “Happy Mother’s Day to my Trans-parent” or “Happy Father’s Day to my maternal parent”. Those of you with children, how do your children celebrate Mother’s and Father’s Days?
    • Cheyenne skye
      Let's not forget that loss of sense of smell is a symptom of THE Virus. 
    • Tori M
      Thank you, Kathy.  I agree.  ☺️  Wish I could retitle this to "Who I model myself after".  All of us gals (including cis women) look to cis women for our behavioral cues, dressing, makeup, etc.  I have a more realistic model now that I'm older and more experienced.
    • KathyLauren
      That's a really good point, Tori!  Don't compare yourself to anyone else, because you are incomparable.    It's not about being someone else, it's about being yourself.
    • Zoey4Trix
      Hey there Timber Wolf - Thank you for the warm welcome. Z.
    • Zoey4Trix
      Hi Mx.Drago - thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here.  Z.
    • Tori M
      I've got be careful about who I compare myself to.  I was learning this once but I guess I slipped back.  When I came out the first time, I felt and acted like a nervous crossdresser in public and like some crossdressers, I was comparing myself to the unrealistic "model woman".  I was just learning not to do that when I fell back into the closet.  Now I need to learn it again, but thankfully, I seem to have jumped ahead since last time.  I don't compare myself to the pretty young girls any more.  I guess I had my "maiden" voyage, and now I'm seeing myself far more realistically.   For the past week I've been shopping online trying to update/rebuild my meager wardrobe and of course have been seeing thousands of images of models.  I realized when I looked in the mirror this morning that those images had burned an impression in my head and I didn't look as good as I thought I did last week.  But I know better now.  I shook it off, applied a touch of mascara and lip gloss and went to town.  Seeing the average, ordinary people of this small, country town got me back in perspective.  When I'm in the right mindset, I can be a confident woman in public.  Being realistic is key.
    • Tori M
      I went out birding this morning for the first time in a while.  I put on a touch of mascara and tinted lip balm because if I ran into any other women out birding I wanted them to see me as one of them.  Left my hair a little messy and just wore jeans and t-shirt so non-threatening to any gals, non-attractive to any guys.  This is the andro-fem thing I'm doing right now.  I'm gaining confidence again.  I'm taking this reawakening v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and it's feeling really good so far. I got to see some gorgeous Orioles!  Not easy to find here, I've been looking for 2-3 years.  Also watched a pair of Kingbirds working on their nest.
    • VickySGV
      For California, where you need to go for the Birth Certificate, go to Transgender Law Center https://transgenderlawcenter.org/ or go directly to the Vital Records Division of the CA. State Department of Health.https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/pages/vital-records.aspx   CA will honor a Name Change order from Mississippi for changing the Birth Certificate. 
    • Mx.Drago
      "Back for more" by Pyramaze
    • KathyLauren
      There is no substitute for checking the regulations in all the relevant jurisdictions (Mississippi and California in this case).  However, usually, your state of residence handles name changes, and your birth state handles birth certificates.    Gender is most often defined by your birth certificate (so handled your birth state), but there are exceptions.  Here in Nova Scotia, for example, there is provision to override the gender on one's birth certificate if you cannot get your birth certificate changed.  I benefited from that regulation (I lobbied to get it passed in the first place) because I could not get my birth certificate changed.  So right now, I am shown as male on my birth certificate, but legally female here.   So, definitely, check the regulations in both places.
    • Sally Stone
      Susan, Glad you liked it.  I'm a big progressive rock fan and I love Porcupine Tree, kind of saddened when they broke up.  But then Steven Wilson started doing solo projects which got me all fired up again.  He really is talented.  Can't wait for his next release.
    • Kelsey Brooke
      Love the hair and the makeup!!!
    • Mx.Drago
      @Katharina Thank you for the kind advice and words of encouragement. I am fascinated and am excited to see how long I could actually get it. Never remembered anybody in my family ever growing it out to full fuzz god mode, but will definitely be willing to try different things. LOL😆
    • Katharina
      Shawna, that look really suits you, it feels naturally! You seem to experience some big positive changes. And after all those big surprises i wonder when the next "big thing" of Shawna Leigh will arrive? I just remembered the REAL Shawna Leight post...   Keep going!
  • Upcoming Events