• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

songs that are definitely about being trans (but not really)

jester

Mr. Mister is fantastic. Kyrie and especially Broken Wings have always been among my absolute favorite songs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dinaki

• Heather Shay

• Ann W

• Abi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really a song, but when I finally got around to watching Ralph Breaks The Internet last night (adorable movie), it occurred to me: The Little Mermaid is a very, very trans story. She wants to be a human girl and goes through hardships to finally achieve her transformation.

hmm, not sure ENTIRELY this song I have is entirely about being trans--but for a while throughout trying to find a sense of support/love the message of it relating to relationships or desire definitely was something I listened to A LOT to find one with a tone that resonated with me during the harsher moments of my transition. I can't explain it, but a lot of Boa's music has a quality to it of melancholy and the lead-singer, Jasmine Rodgers, who she sings about ways we deal with isolation. The acoustic-version of this song, specifically, is so incredible too--I'd highly recommend checking them out. They also featured heavily (though existed well before, mind) the anime Serial Experiments Lain which is also quite good as a late-90s anime:

• Forum Moderator

This feels so me this morning- yes it feels trans to me

• Forum Moderator

Change the word in the lyrics to woman from man..............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, @Ann W and @Abi, incredible songs/vids. I'm blown away. And I can't help trying to sing along (that's how I know it's super-good!!!)

Right now, I'm finding this one (which I've always loved in it's original "*edited*" form, contrary to many of the band's fans) to be very, very especially trans:

I find it impossible at this point to hear "Right Where It Belongs" and not be put directly in mind of The Matrix's trans-allegory.

"Are you sure which side of the glass you are on?"

(Replace "glass" with "gender line")

"See the safety of the life you have built,

Everything where it belongs
Feel the hollowness inside of your heart
And it's all, Right where it belongs"

(Life before self-discovery)

"What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?

What if all the world you used to know, is an elaborate dream"

(Taking the red pill, and looking deep inside. Can't stop tearing up at this part of the lyrics. It resonates that much.)

And then the song's audio dynamics transition from dull and lifeless, to bright, crisp and clear. God, I find that so beautiful. The alternate version most NIN fans prefer strips that part out, and I think that's a shame because it strips away the very essence, and the genius, of the song.

• Forum Moderator

This morning I feel so much this song.... CHANGES by David Bowie

https://youtu.be/IJSv6JXKS_I

• Forum Moderator

I love the percussion on this song and always wanted something like it in my songs - I just realized this is a trans survival song

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 10:58 AM, Berni said:

Years ago, when I was coming to terms with who I am, i would describe that moment in the mirror ... that moment when you are dressed as your true self and you look deep into the eyes reflected back at you ... and your heart booms inside your chest as if it will break in two ...and, instead of seeing the man looking back, there was someone else ... someone you kept hidden for so long.... and i would describe that feeling, that moment as ...

... "home" ...

Hi Berni, I am new here and I have just discovered this post. Only two days ago I had the exact experience you describe. It was magical, amazing; I never expected to feel anything like it in my life. I feel like I have been crying ever since; I'm so exhilerated and happy and so scared. So anyway, yes, you're right, Peter Gabriel made me cry and cry. Thank you for your post. Thank you for blazing the trail -- thank you all of you for blazing the trail -- that I am now walking on. Thank you all so much.

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put Your Records On by Corinne, definitely a transfemine song about a girl in the middle of figuring herself out post-coming out to her family. So, I hold this song close to me.

• 8 months later...

I am Samantha

I saw the makings of this music video as a short film at a film festival. I think the other videos are available on youtube also. So powerful. Definitely actually trans, not just "could be read as."

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone,

I know I've mentioned this somewhere before, but a song I know fit's the bill perfectly of a song that could be about being trans, but really isn't is "Let Me Be Me" by 3 doors down. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.?

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • SamC
    • MaryEllen
    • Heather Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Caohmán
    Newest Member
    Caohmán

1. Alik222
      Alik222
      (24 years old)
    2. AvaWill
      AvaWill
      (37 years old)
    3. Drewies
      Drewies
      (50 years old)
    4. JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      (28 years old)
    5. jgram22
      jgram22
      (37 years old)
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!! I'm still battling the Worst Head Cold Ever. Just when I think I've turned the corner, it smacks me back down. If you've got stock in tissues, I'm driving up your profits.   Our early Spring has the grass growing quickly. I need to get out today and cut it before it grows over the house. Today is supposed to be sunny and mid-60s so I'll suck up not feeling great and get the mowers out. At least I'll be in the sunshine for a few hours. The next few days are supposed to be rainy so it's today or wait until the weekend.   Time for a second cup of coffee!!   Stay safe and enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!
    • Charlize
      Welcome Mattie.  When i got here i was at a point bin my journey when i was discovering my path.  Writing about it and reading about others helped me greatly as did gender therapy.  Perhaps the hardest thing was finding self acceptance without feeling guilt at simply being me. Enjoy your time here.  You are not alone.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • April Marie
      Ugh. The worst head cold. Ever.
    • VickySGV
      @Breanne_O You seem to be on your way there girl-- full speed ahead it was a real adventure for me 11 years ago.  
    • Breanne_O
      I picked a cancellation spot with Dr Lorimer yesterday and had my consultation a month early.  I had been worried about how it would go, but the process of exchanging information was nothing to worry about and I felt quite at ease throughout.  That’s not to say some parts weren’t challenging to articulate clearly, but Dr Lorimer’s manner helped enormously.   The GI/GD diagnosis was such a welcome conclusion to it all, and such an important milestone in my journey.   Now for the Endo consult waiting…
    • VickySGV
      This one is NOT over, and this is not a final final ruling on the matter since this was a procedural and not substantive ruling based on scientific evidence.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-allows-enforcement-idaho-ban-gender-affirming-care-trans-rcna141209     6-3 decision, of course.  The conservative Justices really don't give a damn who gets hurt, as long as it's "just" trans kids.  This is what we can expect, going forward.    Carolyn Marie
    • MaeBe
      I am on a three month review cycle for dosage. Do you have a plan with your doctor? I didn't discuss overall strategy when I got my prescription, it was a very long appointment. I was able to ask via web message to get a better idea; we'll check blood every 3 months and titrate accordingly. I don't know if we'll change labs to 6mo after a year or not, but that's where I'm at now. I, too, was like "is this enough?" at the start. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but I've seen positive results during the months at a lower dose and continue to notice changes. For instance, my skin sensitivity is much higher. I always wondered why my wife was so ticklish, but I'm starting to understand why. I'll bet I am 20-40% more sensitive to touch than I was before; gently tickling my arm (I would wake up doing this sometimes, up and down my arms) now makes my fingers tingle...in a good way. :)
    • VickySGV
      @mattie22 Welcome to the Forums Mattie.  Our basic view here is that if you have any questions about your gender then you are not Cis Gender and belong here for that reason alone, because if you are not Cis, then you are someplace in the Trans and/or Non Binary part of the world, and on this site, that is simply who is here, Trans and NB folks!  Be comfortable and do not be afraid to ask questions here, or even give answers to others from your own experience.
    • Mx.Drago
      Making a garden greener than before.
    • mattie22
      I am new to this site and kinda scared  to even come to a site like this. 1 i donot know really if I am even trans or not  I know I amqusting my gender fore sure.  I  grew up thinking m one thing and if you  would have explained the baics of gender  when I was in my teens I would have probly said I was a cis male and ment it.  But I geuse thats  becuse  well I am  ok  with seeing myself as one even  thogh  I  I probly fitin the gendr nonconforing . but I also a part of me likes to be seen and treated Like a fmale somtimes.  When I was ynger I crosdress in secret and I started up again.  I also tuck .  tHE THING IS i CROSS DRESS FOR MANY RRSIONS   AT FIRST OUT OF CURISTY AND THEN JUST BECUSE i LIKE TO WEE TH CLOSES.  aLSO SOMTIMES  ITS PARTLY SEXAL AS WELL SOMTIMES BEUSE IT HELS ME TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO BE FEMALE AND i LIKE IT.  somtimes I wish I were female as well that comes and goes  uslly  it does not last long.   This has happened more recently.  But it s not like i knew as much about gender untell the last cople of yerses .also turns out I am bisexal it took me while did not know this I thogh i was strait for most of my life. I. ok  I better ened this post. for now.  
    • EasyE
      Thanks for the great advice and support @Astrid. I appreciate it!
    • Astrid
      When you are sure you want to continue your HRT journey and the best dosage for you, consider asking your doctor for a three month prescription cycle (90 days rather than 30). This can result for some in considerable savings. It definitely did for me...   I am at the 4 year 5 month mark for my estrogen patches and am so glad I made the decision to go forward.    Best wishes!   Astrid 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.