• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

purse pack-a-punch!

The Viv Element

I got a new purse like 2 mouths ago right before the shutdowns happened so i never really had a reason to pack my purse but now i do since the city is easing up on some restrictions, I can't think of what to put in it, right now i only have mini sunblock, deodorant & my batteries for my cochlear implant. But i wanted to know if there was any basic needs a purse should have? such as protection, or anything that might help me one day. I'm thinking of buying a small canister of mace if they're legal in my city, but that's why i'm here; I wanted to know what everyone packs in their purse!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mx.Drago

• The Viv Element

• Mmindy

• Jackie C.

• Forum Moderator

OK, what lives in my purse...

Sunglasses

Facial Tissues

Feminine hygiene wipes

Wallet -- Styled to look like a book. "Labeled Book of Spells." Susan talked me out of the one that said, "People to Kill."

A change purse shaped like a bat

Wig comb

Handkerchief

Pens

Flashlight

Asthma rescue inhaler

Keyring

Cell phone

Earbuds

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Wallet -- Styled to look like a book. "Labeled Book of Spells." Susan talked me out of the one that said, "People to Kill."

A change purse shaped like a bat

Love this idea of changing what these items really are. I've been mugged two times and learned after the first one to always have visible cash to hand over, so I don't loose my credit cards, and Identification. The first time was at a truck stop, the second time was at a 7eleven fuel pump. My 360° awareness has greatly improved.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe.

Mindy???

Keys, wallet, phone and stuff, just like head, shoulders, knees and toes song.

Stuff for me is

Small bottle of hand sanitizer

Face Wipes or hand wipes

Band aids

Neosporin

Headphones

Nail file

Swiss army knife

Tissues

Deck of Cards

Tweezers

Pen

Pencil

Toothpicks

Breath mints

Cough drops

Quarter bottle (reused mini m&m container)

Random change container (reused breath mint tin)

Extra keyring

Meditation rock/gemstone

Mini note book

Mini sewing kit

Small flashlight

Matches/lighter

Well I have hardly anything in mine lol

wallet

sunglasses

cell phone 

lipstick 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Keys, wallet, phone and stuff, just like head, shoulders, knees and toes song.

Stuff for me is

Small bottle of hand sanitizer

Face Wipes or hand wipes

Band aids

Neosporin

Headphones

Nail file

Swiss army knife

Tissues

Deck of Cards

Tweezers

Pen

Pencil

Toothpicks

Breath mints

Cough drops

Quarter bottle (reused mini m&m container)

Random change container (reused breath mint tin)

Extra keyring

Meditation rock/gemstone

Mini note book

Mini sewing kit

Small flashlight

Matches/lighter

LOL, I think you’ll need a Jansport backpack for that load. but whatever..haha

Has everyone gone mad? How are you going to refresh your makeup?  I see @Emily michelle just now mentioned lipstick but mascara, blush, a little foundation..lol.

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, Susan R said:

Has everyone gone mad? How are you going to refresh your makeup?  I see @Emily michelle mentioned lipstick but mascara, blush, a little foundation..lol.

I'm hungry-vampire pale. Makeup makes me look like a demented mime. ?

Only foundation I need is white-out.

Hugs!

28 minutes ago, Susan R said:

LOL, I think you’ll need a Jansport backpack for that load. but whatever..haha

Has everyone gone mad? How are you going to refresh your makeup?  I see @Emily michelle mentioned lipstick but mascara, blush, a little foundation..lol.

I think I can kill people with the amount of stuff I carry in my purse, probably the only thing me and my mom have in common. Only short is I don't wear make-up, stuff is terrible for your skin.

Haha hungry vampire pale I haven’t heard that one.

well I need to add more but I need a bigger purse lol. I was eyeballing a kate spade on eBay but I just can’t quite justify the cost yet.

Well I don't have a purse but the only things I carry on me is:

Wallet.

That's it haha

• Forum Moderator

OK, let's see...

Wallet - for bills, ID, credit cards and all those @#$% store loyalty cards

Change purse

Reading glasses

Cell phone (flip phone - it doesn't do apps)

Pocket knife - useful for many things, including seat belt cutting and self-defence, among others

Lipstick

Mirror

Tissues

Breath mints

Keys

Mask - Hey, what can I say?  It's 2020!

Gloves -  ditto

I love the responses, I have a HUGE thing where i always need to be prepared otherwise i'll feel empty lol. I could be naked with a fully packed purse & still be comfortable (not that i'm a nudist or anything lol ?).

Thank you all for the help!! my mind was drawing blanks anytime i tried to think. I'm definitely going to add some of my personality to this purse too, like some tags, buttons and whatever else. all of you will be on my mind whenever i decorate now hehe. 

I wish you all a good day/night ❤️ i'm always a message away if anyone needs to talk xo.

14 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

I wanted to know what everyone packs in their purse!

Sorry .. late to the party.  I've never been "Out" in public yet, but weird thing is one of my biggest worries is "transitioning" from pockets to a purse.  Lots of great ideas everybody!

14 hours ago, Mmindy said:

I've been mugged two times and learned after the first one to always have visible cash to hand over, so I don't loose my credit cards, and Identification.

That's scary Mindy.  Living in America .. ?  that's another worry about carrying a purse for me

14 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Susan talked me out of the one that said, "People to Kill."

13 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm hungry-vampire pale. Makeup makes me look like a demented mime. ?

OMG, Jackie!!  you are SO funny ❣️?

I am not currently using a purse, hopefully someday! But one thing I will have in it is dental floss. I hate it when I eat a big salad and later I look in the mirror only to see little pieces of spinach in between my teeth!

• Forum Moderator

White out makeup!!!!!!!!!!  ?  Love that.

Mine has:

wallet

change purse

lip stick

cloth hankie

tiny knife

business cards

hair brush

bandaid

heart medication

tooth picks

hand lotion

lint!!!

and whatever the day requires like an iPad or book.

Hugs with a tired arm

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Oh_Kay said:

I will have in it is dental floss.

Oh_Kay,

I'm a fan of the plastic toothpicks with floss at the end. Easy to store, and use with one hand, then discard in an appropriate container.

One arm >HUGS< accepted here.

Mindy???

Mine can definitely be a weapon!

Wallet/checkbook/change purse combo

Makeup bag: eye shadow pallet, powder foundation, 2 brushes, 3 lip sticks, mascara

Personal hand sanitizer

Cell Phone

Tic-Tacs

Business cards

Hair brush

Alieve

DayQuil

Keys

Hand lotion

lphone charging cord

Tissues

Sunglasses

Spare surgical mask

and of course...

S&W MP9 with Crimson-Trace laser grip and 17 round clip. 

Hey a girl needs protection too!!!  LOL

Ok I stopped carrying this 100% of the time to work since they are not allowed in the hospital facilities.

But it may be in my car. 

(I'm not telling.)

This is obviously a translation thing, for me the purse is where you keep your store loyalty cards, cash and coins. Handbag/clutch is the bag you keep that in. I was starting to wonder about the size of purses people carried about!  I haven't been out more than a couple of times, but I took: wipes/tissues, lip gloss, eyelash glue, phone, coin purse, small perfume bottle, tights (though I ended up wearing jeans I had intended to wear a skirt and a spare pair in case of laddering made sense) and keys and I always have a keyring photo of my kids that goes everywhere with me. ?

• Forum Moderator

Mine's actually more of a messenger bag. I could be carrying so much more and it has pockets for everything!

Sadly I may have the last one in the universe. It's hard for a geek girl to find styles that suit her.

My AWESOME Messenger Bag-style purse

Hugs!

32 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Mine can definitely be a weapon!

Wallet/checkbook/change purse combo

Makeup bag: eye shadow pallet, powder foundation, 2 brushes, 3 lip sticks, mascara

Personal hand sanitizer

Cell Phone

Tic-Tacs

Business cards

Hair brush

Alieve

DayQuil

Keys

Hand lotion

lphone charging cord

Tissues

Sunglasses

Spare surgical mask

and of course...

S&W MP9 with Crimson-Trace laser grip and 17 round clip. 

Hey a girl needs protection too!!!  LOL

Ok I stopped carrying this 100% of the time to work since they are not allowed in the hospital facilities.

But it may be in my car. 

(I'm not telling.)

I wish you didn't feel the need to carry 17 rounds of any heat. ? But then again I carry rocks in my bag, sometimes really big rocks.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

This is obviously a translation thing, for me the purse is where you keep your store loyalty cards, cash and coins. Handbag/clutch is the bag you keep that in.

Yes, different cultures, divided by a common language!  As an immigrant myself, I remember having to learn American vocabulary.  (Canadian vocabulary tends to be American, but our spelling tends to be British.)  You are right, we are talking about handbags. :)

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

I wish you didn't feel the need to carry 17 rounds of any heat. ? But then again I carry rocks in my bag, sometimes really big rocks.

Its more of a right to do so then a need.

Without saying to much I don't need a gun to protect myself with the training I've had in the military   I just prefer to.

Just having the laser grip dot illuminated on someone is a huge deterrent trust me.  

34 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Its more of a right to do so then a need.

Without saying to much I don't need a gun to protect myself with the training I've had in the military   I just prefer to.

Just having the laser grip dot illuminated on someone is a huge deterrent trust me.  

I would expect it to be, since we are all only moral for the time being. As you can tell I don't like firearms, it's bad enough average folk have fists and have little knowledge of their power. May it never leave your side, or forever be sealed away till at the range where you can keep up practice.

A purse  hum . I just carry a walet a phone and white  cane and backpack  blue for now  and most of what i got cargo  pant with pockes  . My backpack is my purse  that dont look like one  lol  shh dont tell anyone lol