• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

purse pack-a-punch!

The Viv Element

4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I apologize if my post took this threat off topic.  It was not my intension.  I was pointing out that some of us do carry for our own protection as well.

No apologies needed! You were still on topic. Thought we were discussing different things we put in our purses to fill it up. Plus, I'd prefer to at least know who has firearms or not. Carry what weapons you want, just nothing hidden. At least you're being honest which is far more worth conversing over. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mx.Drago

• The Viv Element

• Mmindy

• Jackie C.

My friends mum used to carry a half brick in her handbag when she lived in London (roughly 40-50yrs ago) and clean knocked out a mugger with it, they weren't stealing from her but someone else as she walked passed. When they attempted to file assault charges against her the police laughed them out of the station... These days I suspect the thief would actually have a claim. I am so glad I do not know or understand gun culture though, I am happy to leave them for films and farmers..?

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

which I'm sure will become bags.

Oh HECK yes!  I already have 7 Coach bags with matching wallets of various colors to match my outfits.  LOL.  

Thank god for eBay!

37 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Oh HECK yes!  I already have 7 Coach bags with matching wallets of various colors to match my outfits. 

And if anyone's interested, she's NOT sharing them!

34 minutes ago, Patti Anne said:

That’s not fair if she won’t share lol

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Patti Anne said:

RUDE! Susan and I share all our accessories.

Hugs!

Gasp... but sharing is caring. :Looks at a pile of bags in the corner of the room:

It's the only thing I use to compulsively pick up cuz I love pockets. The most expensive bag I got was $40 for a small Fossil leather satchel bag with a lovely textured fabric top from MACY's, it was on sale, was suppose to be $120. Still love that bag, had so many pockets. But now, I have cargo pants, which I far more prefer then carrying a purse. Purses always give me a bad shoulder and/or I'm always afraid of losing it. I also tend to over stuff my bag with stuff, so that's mostly my own fault ?.

And why do men always need women to carry stuff in there bags for them? They actually have pockets that fit stuff in it. There's almost never sufficient pockets in most women wear. It's very aggravating.

• Forum Moderator
32 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

And why do men always need women to carry stuff in there bags for them? They actually have pockets that fit stuff in it. There's almost never sufficient pockets in most women wear. It's very aggravating.

Because most men don't have hips and/or won't wear a belt. When they put heavy stuff in their pockets, they end up with their pants around their ankles. Not a good look.

Hugs!

On 5/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mmindy said:

Love this idea of changing what these items really are. I've been mugged two times and learned after the first one to always have visible cash to hand over, so I don't loose my credit cards, and Identification. The first time was at a truck stop, the second time was at a 7eleven fuel pump. My 360° awareness has greatly improved.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe.

Mindy???

This concerns me because, when I get a purse, I am interested in putting my wallet and house key in it. If I get mugged, then the mugger has both my house key and my ID with my address on it. A lot of women's clothes don't have pockets so I might not always be able to put my keys in pockets. Does anyone have any ideas? I suppose I could put my key in my shoe but that would be uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Because most men don't have hips and/or won't wear a belt. When they put heavy stuff in their pockets, they end up with their pants around their ankles. Not a good look.

Hugs!

I'm fine with suspenders, that's still a thing. If your not a fan of belts, I get it, but if you're losing your pants even with a belt you need to choose a better solution, other than give it to the woman to carry.

:Hugs:

6 hours ago, Patti Anne said:

In my own defense its hard to share a purse with someone who is 3080 miles away....

So Save it!

2 hours ago, Dana Michelle said:

This concerns me because, when I get a purse, I am interested in putting my wallet and house key in it. If I get mugged, then the mugger has both my house key and my ID with my address on it. A lot of women's clothes don't have pockets so I might not always be able to put my keys in pockets. Does anyone have any ideas? I suppose I could put my key in my shoe but that would be uncomfortable.

You could use an old long sleeve salvaged from an old stretchy tight shirt. The idea is you would wrap your keys and wallet in the sleeve by cuffing them till they are folded in secured on your arm. Wear it as an arm-band pouch. If keys and wallet be too heavy, just wrap the wallet in the sleeve cuffs, and get a headband and attach to your keys, to wrap on your wrist like bangle jewelry.

Another thing I like to do is get leg warmers with a tight band cuff and wear it with my open arm tank tops. Not only they warm, I could put my wallet and keys in my sleeves. ??

American Apparel leg warmers were the best but they went out of business so I'm working on my own. Yay knitting time with sick yarn.?It takes forever to knit sock yarn by hand, but it feels so nice.

27 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

You could use an old long sleeve salvaged from an old stretchy tight shirt. The idea is you would wrap your keys and wallet in the sleeve by cuffing them till they are folded in secured on your arm. Wear it as an arm-band pouch. If keys and wallet be too heavy, just wrap the wallet in the sleeve cuffs, and get a headband and attach to your keys, to wrap on your wrist like bangle jewelry.

Another thing I like to do is get leg warmers with a tight band cuff and wear it with my open arm tank tops. Not only they warm, I could put my wallet and keys in my sleeves. ??

American Apparel leg warmers were the best but they went out of business so I'm working on my own. Yay knitting time with sick yarn.?It takes forever to knit sock yarn by hand, but it feels so nice.

Also forgot you can just use your bra. It's a very common inner pocket.

Don't forget toque hats! probably not ideal for the summer time, but maybe during the night or colder seasons.

35 minutes ago, The Viv Element said:

Don't forget toque hats! probably not ideal for the summer time, but maybe during the night or colder seasons.

I love hat's ? but I can't wear them too much. But during winter yes.

59 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

Also forgot you can just use your bra. It's a very common inner pocket.

Thanks for the suggestion. If the ring on the key doesn't fit around my bra, I could probably use a paper clip.

Jackets and coats usually have pockets, so I can keep a key in there during the cold months. It's only during the warm months I need a discreet place to hide a key.

You could also wrap things in your long stocks/stockinette ?But it's kinda heavy round the legs.

Been trying to think of a long skirt with big pockets but would have to add padding to keep the shape. But if you're into Corsets wallet in the front and keys can be tied into the bow.

I love corsets, unfortunately i can't wear them due to the 20 pounds I've gained over the quarantine lol ? plus its hard to put it on by yourself, Maybe there's a method?

3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

In my own defense its hard to share a purse with someone who is 3080 miles away....

So Save it!

Ok. For the record, I have no doubt that Shawna would not only share her any of her purses with me, but I think that she'd give it to me, if I liked it. Now you know where the saying "she'd give you the purse off her shoulder" came from.

I really need to keep my sense of humor in check!

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

You could also wrap things in your long stocks/stockinette ?But it's kinda heavy round the legs.

Been trying to think of a long skirt with big pockets but would have to add padding to keep the shape. But if you're into Corsets wallet in the front and keys can be tied into the bow.

I've heard it is not safe to wear corsets (or at least, to wear them for more than a small amount of time). I hear it weakens the muscles and ligaments in the abdomen (including those that keep the organs in place), and that the pressure from the corset can also move or squish organs.

3 hours ago, Dana Michelle said:

I've heard it is not safe to wear corsets (or at least, to wear them for more than a small amount of time). I hear it weakens the muscles and ligaments in the abdomen (including those that keep the organs in place), and that the pressure from the corset can also move or squish organs.

They certainly do squish and probably rarely move organs but our bodies is practically water bags with bones, if they moved, they should move back on it's own once it's off, sometimes your intestines can get stuck though. But other than, tons of core body work out and you'll be fine. the biggest mistake people make is going too tight and wearing them everyday to the point their ribs bend inward and squish their upper chest, making your ribs weaker & more prone to breaking, all while making their waist 'paper' thin all at the same time. that's unhealthy. I prefer waist trainers as they're more stretchy, giving me a nice curve more comfortably & it also teaches me to sit up straight properly (my biggest problem is slouching over when sitting down?‍♀️)

8 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

I love corsets, unfortunately i can't wear them due to the 20 pounds I've gained over the quarantine lol ? plus its hard to put it on by yourself, Maybe there's a method?

The method is slow, but works. If you have thick gloves it can help so you can pull the strings as tight as you want like shoelace and tie bow in front, or get use to tieing from behind your back. Do you drink milk? I found out that was my pound putter, stuff has way more sugar that half&half.

I used to be *CRAZY* for milk growing up until puberty, I would drink 4L jugs in 2 days time.... However once i moved in with my dad, there was never milk so I switched to water, so much healthier and better haha. I gained the 20 pounds because I'm stupid and ordered calzones, poutines, pizza, and other sorts of stuff everyday after my birthday on April 27th up until last week when I realized my bank account was going down and my fat was going up. ? Also can't forget all the rum and iced tea I consumed since then too ugh.

Some things I'd want to put in a purse are sunscreen, a small flashlight, a pen/pencil and pad of paper, a whistle (in case I encounter someone dangerous), maybe a computer tablet or small laptop, a water bottle.

I'd also want to bring a few kleenex and a small paper bag to hold garbage (in case I am not near a garbage can when I need to blow my nose).