• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

is there a sexuality thats like gender fluid?

BEAN_CHILD

some days im attracted to females, some days males, some days both or neither

its like a have an inner compass thats just randomly pointing at what my sexuality is

i know im a trans male bc of dyphoria but im confused about sexuality

• Admin

I would point to the term Pansexual or possibly Bisexual.   Pansexual applies more to Trans people and includes other Trans people you are attracted to.  Bisexual is a little more between Cis people who are binary and depending on the person they have no attraction to Trans people.  A very confusing world.

I am no expert but maybe Demisexual/ pansexual? Something along those lines, but don't quote me, wait for more experienced people to comment, rather then me haha

• Forum Moderator

Like fluid sexual orientation? I suppose this could be a thing. I believe there’s a spectrum and I’m not on any one place on it myself. If you think of it as a spectrum line...male attraction on one side and female on the other.  In my own sexual orientation, I would take almost the entire line as what gender I’m attracted to but others may have a smaller block on that line, others yet may have a single point on that line...it’s a strange idea. Maybe your point or block on that line moves. Another thing that may be happening is more of a pan-sexual orientation where your attraction is not dictated on gender or sexuality. In this case, you may be attracted to a single individual or others like that individual.  Have you ever been attracted to someone and then lost that attraction for no apparent reason the next time you’re around them? One thing with me that I can never fully understand is my attraction to females is different than my attraction for males. I am attracted to both but for completely different reasons. Are your attractions to, let’s say males, more romantic attraction or sexual in nature? These are some questions I constantly think about with my own sexual orientation.

Good luck on your research,

Susan R?

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

Demisexual

That is my personal identity and it means that sometime, way in the future of relationship there may be some chance of having sex, but the idea is to completely get to know a person, gay, straight, or trans, of any sexual attraction intimately as far as life sharing, and your deepest secrets and feeling like there will be no betrayal or harm by them to you.  You become soul mates mentally and emotionally long before any physical intimacy is even thought of.

28 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

That is my personal identity and it means that sometime, way in the future of relationship there may be some chance of having sex, but the idea is to completely get to know a person, gay, straight, or trans, of any sexual attraction intimately as far as life sharing, and your deepest secrets and feeling like there will be no betrayal or harm by them to you.  You become soul mates mentally and emotionally long before any physical intimacy is even thought of.

ohhhh that makes sense. That's actually really cool! Thank you for sharing :)) 

Sound to me more bisexual, less pansexual. Because you go between men and women. But here's a question, how would you feel if they had and were both, would they still interest you? Then you'd fit more in the pansexual category, which is where I find myself.

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Sound to me more bisexual, less pansexual. Because you go between men and women. But here's a question, how would you feel if they had and were both, would they still interest you? Then you'd fit more in the pansexual category, which is where I find myself.

yeah im good with people who are fluid or non binary. i was just thinking of binary people since they are on the spectrum!

its like one day i see a girl and be attracted to her and like an hour later think meh but suddenly be attracted to males. this goes for any gender including fluid and non binary

You've got a big heart that follows the tides. Just be careful out there ? and don't forget to be loving, try not to eat or taste things at random unless permission is granted and everything is clean and clear.?

1 hour ago, BEAN_CHILD said:

its like one day i see a girl and be attracted to her and like an hour later think meh but suddenly be attracted to males. this goes for any gender including fluid and non binary

I think we are often stuck in a box of what we perceive society expects from us.  I had a hard time until just recently disconnecting my gender identity from my sexual identity and desires. 
As I moved more toward MtF transition I used wonder why I don't really feel an emotional (or much of a physical) attraction to men.  But, I assume that can also change, just as my gender identity has morphed to where it is today .. so everything is always "Fluid" in that sense.

Now I know these are different aspects of my life and personality, and I don't care about the "Why".  That's just way I am built.

As Emily Dickinson said “The Heart wants what it wants - or else it does not care”

• Admin
14 hours ago, BEAN_CHILD said:

this goes for any gender including fluid and non binary

Pansexual.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:57 PM, BEAN_CHILD said:

It sounds like you could use either bisexual or pansexual. Though, i think pansexual would apply to attraction to non-binary genders more than bisexual. 

My understanding of the nuance between bi and pan is that bisexuals are attracted to more than one gender (minimum of 2, thus bi), and pansexual have potential of attraction to anyone, regardless of gender. 

I'd say im pan. But since my attraction is more strong towards fems, and it varies from time to time, I feel there is a bias, however fluctuating it may be, about gender. So bi feels morw appropriate. I like the sound of it and the flag better too, but that's irrelevant. I'm sort of demi too. Guess I'm just waiting for the right one.

And yeah like I said, my attraction is fluid. I believe attraction is a spectrum and fluid attraction is totally valid. 

~Toni