• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Covid (covert)crossdressing

Krista

Does anyone find this covid pandemic is a good opportunity to go out fully dressed up while wearing a mask so there is less chance of getting recognized. 

Krista, it probably is a good opportunity to be out incognito, if that is a person's desire.  Personally, I find masks problematic when I'm out.  They are a challenge to put on and take off easily when wearing a wig and or earrings and they tend to hide all the hard work I put into getting my makeup just right.  Still, I can help but think that wearing a mask in public might have to be the new norm.  If that is true, I may need to find a more accommodating, and femininely flattering mask solution.

Its a shame the thrift stores are closed around here and Walmart closed the changerooms, shopping is very limited. I have never been out wearing a dress but i can totally see me doing that wearing a mask.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually hadn't thought of that, I'm incredibly apprehensive about being out but would love to have the opportunity to 'test the water' so to speak. This might be just the opportunity I was looking for, I could be who I want to be, where I want to be and not be worried about the judgement.

Food for thought, Thank you !