• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ShawnaLeigh

Orchi tomorrow. Kinda scared!

ShawnaLeigh

So the long awaited surgery to remove a lump on my left testicle is tomorrow at 1015am est.  

I am getting a bi-lateral orchidectomy at the same time.  
I admit to being afraid of many thing concerning this. As of now we do not know what this lump is. I’m hoping not malignant obviously but very likely with how it has reacted snd grown in such a short time. 
I’m looking forward to completing the Orchidectomy and getting off Spiro.  
I’m not looking forward to the pain but in the end it will be worth it. 
Please wish me luck guys and girls!  

VickySGV

I had the full GCS vaginaplasty but what my friends who have done bi-lateral Orchi's say is that it is more soreness for a few days than serious pain.  I can completely understand your worry about the lump there, cancer can drive you out of your mind nearly.  I had a suspicious growth in my right breast three months after my bottom surgery.  I had to have a needle biopsy and the procedure was not much but the four days between the biopsy and results drove me up a wall and across the ceiling.   I am still on Spiro, but for its original purpose of reducing body water for blood pressure.  Good luck and hope for the best.

Mx.Drago

Good luck, may all go well and have a fast speedy recovery.

Susan R

Good Luck @ShawnaLeigh. I’ve heard the recovery is very fast which is not the case with many surgeries.

Best of Luck,

Susan R🌷

Just Lee

Our thoughts and good wishes go with you dear--- GOOD LUCK! 

JustineM

You got this girl! Good luck to you.

Patti Anne
3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Please wish me lunch guys and girls!  

I could be mistaken, but I think she meant "luck".

I asked  Shawna if it would be okay with her if I relayed a play by play to the rest of the TP community. Her response was to quote our mantra: 1 + 1 = 1. So in other words 'I trust your judgement'. Angela has also graciously volunteered to call me with any updates. And I have her cell if I'm just plain overcome by worry or curiosity. Shawna and I talked for our usual 3 hours on the phone tonight, just encouraging her for tomorrow with a focus on what the coming months and years will be like. We also discussed what questions were most pertinent to ask the surgeon regarding routine pathology specimens vs frozen sections, etc

This is a lot of nervous energy and worry on my part. But I've never had a loved one go under anesthesia without me being there for support. So, it's gonna be hard for me not to be there, but I think she's in good hands with Angela. 

I'm going to try and get some sleep, but I'll post as often as I can tomorrow

Hugs!

Patti Annt

ToniTone

Be safe and have a speedy recovery! I'm hopeful it's nothing too serious. We'll be waiting to hear from y'all! 💕

ShawnaLeigh

Omg!  Please edit my lunch comment!   Lmao. 
Also the title bar should read Orchi tomorrow 

Thank you all. I’m getting read to leave for the hospital and no I don’t need lunch.  
I’d probably puke it up anyways.  Lol

❤️❤️❤️

MaryEllen

Edits have been made, Shawna..     Good luck. :)

TammyAnne

I hope everything has gone well for your surgery!

There's no scare to compare with the "c" word, so you have every right to be concerned. Trust your surgical team. They do this stuff without batting an eye. They'll take good care of you.

Then you can get on with living your live fully.

《《《 hugs  》》》

TA

Charlize

Welcome to the orchi club Shawna.  The pain won't last long and i have found the difference to be wonderful.  Best of luck!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to chat.

Hugs,

Charlize

Patti Anne

Okay....... Shawna was wheeled into the OR at about 8:32am East Coast time. Angela said that she was nervous, but who wouldn't be? No reports yet after that. She's been in the OR for about 50 minutes and the procedure is scheduled for about 2 hours, assuming no surprises.

Fingers crossed!

Patti Anne

Correction: Just heard from Angela, She's listed as pre-op call as of 6:35 am her time. My bad.

KayC

Sending prayers 🙏🙏🙏

NB Adult

Wonder how it went for you Shawna? I was awake when mine was done, I recall crunching up on my elbows and saying "Bye Fellas!" The little nurse holding onto the little fella to keep it out of the way of the laser knife chuckled. The surgeon asked me why I had said that and I said it had been the hard drive for some very naughty past behavior. Total elapsed time was 43 minutes start to finish. 

Get several bags of frozen peas, keep it cool and get well. You'll be doing kip-ups in no time!

Jackie C.

OK, late to the party but in my defense, I was asleep when the thread started. 

Good lunch Shawna. I say that because I couldn't keep a damn thing down when I was recovering. My your digestive system not be an ass about it.

Big hugs sweetie. You'll be fine!

Hugs!

Patti Anne
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Good lunch Shawna.

LOL!!!!! She thought it was sooo funny she did that after she went back and read it!

Carolyn Marie

Best wishes on the biopsy, Shawna, as well as the orchi.  I had one and for me it was a piece of cake (although I prefer pie).  I think I took one of the pain meds they gave me.  Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Just Lee

It's almost 2pm here on the east coast--any word yet?

Emily michelle

I hope everything went well! It was extremely painful the first couple of days when I had one teste removed. When I had mine the put an incision at my waist and went down. Regardless the first couple days are painful then after that it heals quick 

ShawnaLeigh

Ok I’m home. Everything went very smoothly and I have almost no pain.  I feel great knowing that lump and those two little evil doers are out for good. 
Im sure this evening the pain will visit me and move in like a unwanted relative that doesn’t know when to leave.  
Thank you all for your support!❤️❤️❤️

Carolyn Marie

Great to hear, Shawna.  Congrats!

Carolyn Marie

Just Lee

Welcome home! May you heal swiftly. 

Emily michelle

Great news congrats!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account